Here are the facts:

I currently have a Samsung i760,

I am currentky with Verizon

I am eligible to get a new phone.

I want a BB Tour

Here's the dilemna. I don't like my Samsung and it does not work properly. I need a new phone, but I can make do for a few weeks if I have to, I can get a Curve now and hope the Tour is released in the next 30 days so I can exchange it I pay a $35 restocking fee if I do this.

I can limp along with my Samsung until the Tour comes out.

My concern is that if I get the Curve now and the Tour is not released in the next 30 days, then I'm stuck with the Curve for almost 2 years and I'll have severe Tour Envy.

Your thoughts?
    06-24-09 04:24 PM
    My concern is that if I get the Curve now and the Tour is not released in the next 30 days, then I'm stuck with the Curve for almost 2 years and I'll have severe Tour Envy.?
    You answered your own question. Wait.
    06-24-09 04:28 PM
    I wouldn't say having a curve is a bad situation. In fact the curve is a great 1st BB to get your feet wet with. Its not rated the best selling BB for nothing . The price is another good selling feature, you can pick one up for 50 bucks compared to spending between $250 and $300 for a Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 04:31 PM
    What do you want from your BB?
    Camera?
    Multi-tasking?
    Fast Browser?
    Excellent Keyboard?
    Make a list of what you will really use your BB for and what you want it to do then see which between the Tour or the Curve satisfies those needs. I did this research before buying my Bold and am quite certain I made the right choice.
    06-24-09 04:32 PM
    Or, get the Curve and start learning the BB OS. If the Tour isn't released before the 30 days are up, do a Return on the Curve and pay the $35 restocking fee. Just make sure they restore your upgrade date in the system so you have it for the Tour.
    06-24-09 04:33 PM
    Or, get the Curve and start learning the BB OS. If the Tour isn't released before the 30 days are up, do a Return on the Curve and pay the $35 restocking fee. Just make sure they restore your upgrade date in the system so you have it for the Tour.
    And go back to my Samsung in between? not a bad idea!
    06-24-09 04:36 PM
    buy phone from craigslist/friend, wait for Tour and be happy...Curve is a great phone but its the 06 model...doesn't a 09 new shiny model sound better...yes it does, yes it does.
    06-24-09 04:40 PM
    The 8330 is a really good phone.
    06-24-09 05:14 PM
    I think you can buy a cheap Curve online, E-bay, Craigslist or even here. If you end up getting the Tour you can sell the Curve.

I like the Curve but I think I will get the Tour when it comes out. Until then I am just waiting.
    06-24-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD