With hopes of being able to have my T-Mobile Curve 8320 sync with my pc on its own whenever I walk into my office, I ordered the Motorola D200 bluetooth dongle from the Crackberry store. And after that moving on to the endless possibilities of BB/PC/Bluetooth.

(Apparently I've been lurking too much and not posting enough, as I'm not yet able to post a link to this in the CBerry Store. But I'm sure you can find it without too much trouble, if you need to.)

The order page says that it's compatible with the Curve 8320, but I am absolutely unable to get the dongle to pair with my BB.

I've set the BB as "Discoverable", and set the dongle in pairing mode; whether I try to let the dongle discover the BB, or ask the BB to discover bluetooth devices, they just never find each other.

The computer recognizes the dongle as an audio device (I'm using 32bit Vista, if that makes a difference -- but it shouldn't at this point), and I was successful pairing the dongle with my Jabra BT 8040 earpiece.

I've been able to pair the BB with a bunch of other bluetooth devices, including that Jabra.

So, I'm frustrated that everything else seems to be working except these two bits being able to see each other.

If anybody can point out to me what I've missed, I'd appreciate it. I'm thinking about heading over to that large electronics store and picking up the cheapest dongle I can find, and see if that works, and maybe returning this one to Crackberry.
    04-06-09 05:11 PM
    *** bump***

Same problem here between an d200 and 8900. Judging by the lack of response it seems these 2 won`t connect.
    06-11-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD