I just bought a curve from walmart in canada. it runs on kodoo and is hspda.
    they never told me there was no cdma functionality included in it as well - but thats besides the point. if any of you who ae considering kodoo - be mindful of this if you leave hspda areas ever - ie - road trips.

MY QUESTION:

i cant use wifi to use b berry messenger or get my emails. I called kodoo and they said blackberry disabled this function. my guess is kodoo asked blackberry to do this. anyway - can i downgrade firmware - or get some general firmware to use my blackberry in hot spots and use email/chat functions?

it is not unlocked - will it need to be unlocked?

thanks
    09-05-11 09:33 AM
    What specific model BlackBerry do you have? If it does not have wifi hardware installed, there's nothing you can do to enable it.
    09-05-11 10:22 AM
    ya it has wifi - but what i am getting at - will it have push email without a data plan?

thanks
    09-19-11 12:29 AM
    ya it has wifi - but what i am getting at - will it have push email without a data plan?

thanks
    you need a blackberry BIS data plan in order to get push emails and BBM over the cellular network AND/OR wifi.

if you dont have a blackberry BIS data plan, you cannot use these features.
    09-19-11 12:57 AM
    Every modern Blackberry comes with BIS functionality. Unfortunately the Curve you has doesn't have CDMA functionality because for CDMA networks you will need to buy the phone from the carrier. Also if your curve has wifi then I believe you have a 8520 or 9300

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 05:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD