I'm on verizon and am due for a new phone next month. I have the storm1. I find that I don't have enough app space on the storm1. I don't have a huge preference touchscreen v. QWERTY but I also like the big screen of the storm. I want wifi, which all of the phones have. I can't figure out the difference between the bold and the curve but I suspect that the curve might not run on the faster internet? If that's not the difference, can someone tell me what is? I also want bluetooth, which I believe all three phones have. So which to pick?
    08-03-10 02:07 PM
    Curve has 128mb of memory and runs 2g,

the bold has 512mb of memory, in preperation for os 6, and runs 3g and wifi. If i had the oppertunity i would go for the bold.
    08-03-10 02:15 PM
    I'm assuming you mean Curve2 (8530), and I'd say pass on this, it's due to hit end of life this month, along with Storm2.

The Bold is a great device and will be more likely to get you thru the 20 months you have to wait before your next NE2
    08-03-10 02:21 PM
    If money was not an issue, obviously go for the Bold 2 9700...

But if you did care...the 8520's slow internet connection will not affect you since you will be using Wi-Fi, so the speed is almost the same for all, except for the processor speed on the Bold which is faster and may prove to render pages faster but not by anything worth mentioning....

Verdict, if you want GPS, go for the Bold 9700, if you did not care about GPS, go for the 8520 as they both have excellent screens, excellent trackpad, and will do what you want (bluetooth + Wi-Fi)
    08-03-10 02:23 PM
    i have the 8900/curve with the most current os5.0. love my phone but yearn for something slightly more capable. both the bold and torch are 3g meaning you can use the phone in more places around the world. the torch will be released with os6.0 and the bold is a probable 6.0 candidate. either, in my opinion, would be a great upgrade option.
    08-03-10 02:27 PM
    Yes you are right, the BOLD 2 (9700) will get OS6, but is it really that big of a deal?

I mean really, what *real world* improvements will OS 6 give me to my phone?

Mind you, I am a 9700 user here so I am not dissing the 9700 I love my phone I just want want the original poster to get the best deal for their needs.
    08-03-10 02:29 PM
    Thanks. I am considering waiting a couple of months for 6.0 to come out and then buying a phone that comes with it. My storm isn't quite dead yet so I can stand to wait.
    08-03-10 02:35 PM
    If money was not an issue, obviously go for the Bold 2 9700...

But if you did care...the 8520's slow internet connection will not affect you since you will be using Wi-Fi, so the speed is almost the same for all, except for the processor speed on the Bold which is faster and may prove to render pages faster but not by anything worth mentioning....

Verdict, if you want GPS, go for the Bold 9700, if you did not care about GPS, go for the 8520 as they both have excellent screens, excellent trackpad, and will do what you want (bluetooth + Wi-Fi)
    Ummm, the OP is on VZW and asked about Curve/Bold/Storm2. Storm2 is the second clue he's sticking with VZW Why would you recommend GSM devices?
    08-03-10 02:46 PM
    Bold > Curve any day.
    And the Storm is EOL. D:
    08-03-10 07:34 PM
    Bold > Curve any day.
    And the Storm is EOL. D:
    Curve is EOL too
    08-03-10 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD