Hi Folks. Can someone please help> I have a curve 8900 that for some reason no longer receives texts and calls across my home Wi-Fi network. It does however continue to receive emails and is still connected. I have tried deleting all wireless connections and re-installing with WEP password etc. Anyone got any ideas?
    Aaron
    11-09-10 04:21 PM
    I would try to wipe the device. If that doesn't work I would re-install the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 08:41 PM
    Did you try a battery pull?
    11-09-10 08:49 PM
    Hi Folks. Can someone please help> I have a curve 8900 that for some reason no longer receives texts and calls across my home Wi-Fi network. It does however continue to receive emails and is still connected. I have tried deleting all wireless connections and re-installing with WEP password etc. Anyone got any ideas?
    Aaron
    You can't receive calls over WiFi. I don't think you can get texts either. You have to be connected to your carrier for those items.
    11-09-10 08:59 PM
    You can't receive calls over WiFi. I don't think you can get texts either. You have to be connected to your carrier for those items.
    Yes you can. The 8900 has UMA calling. Not sure if the OP knew or not but, yes you do need to have an active account/service with your carrier.
    11-09-10 09:07 PM
    Didn't think about UMA. Can you get texts over WiFi?
    11-09-10 09:10 PM
    Didn't think about UMA. Can you get texts over WiFi?
    Not 100% sure but... No. I really don't see a benefit or purpose for that. SMS is just plain text; a few kilobytes. GPRS should do just fine for those. Would be nice to send free texts though.
    11-09-10 09:23 PM
    I would try to wipe the device. If that doesn't work I would re-install the OS.
    Do NOT DO THIS. This is pruning a rosebush with a backhoe. Why do people
    suggest this kind of stuff for simple problems.

Start by calling your carrier to see if there is something they can help with.
    11-09-10 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD