I am having an issue with the WIFI settings on my new Curve 9300. My wife and I both purchased our first BB and followed the set up instructions for setting up WIFI using our home router. We were both successful and it worked great for both our Curves for about a week.

I had turned my WIFI connection off and went to turn it back on and it wont work! I go to the connection page, click on the WiFi connection, the check mark remains white for 15 sec, and then disappears. The red X on the right side of the screen remains a red X.

I have tried setting up a new WiFi connection and when I ask it to scan for a network it tells me my WiFi is off. If I click to turn it on, it thinks for about 15 seconds before it comes back and tells me it is unable to turn the WiFi on.

Can anyone help? I should point out that my wife's Curve 9300 is working fine...She can turn the WiFi on and off with no problems.

Thanks
    09-26-10 09:52 AM
    Sounds like your router is not giving your BB an IP address. Try rebooting the router (unplug it and plug it back in). Wait a minute then try conecting with your Blackberry. If that works, the problem is with your router and not the BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nemommmius likes this.
    09-26-10 01:33 PM
    Thank you! I ended up taking the battery out of the BB and reinstalling it...This rebooted the BB and fixed the problem.
    Nemommmius likes this.
    09-26-10 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD