Have had the 9300 curve for about 2 months now and wifi has always worked without a problem. During the past week, the wifi has started having problems. Wifi icon is showing white, as if connected but I am unable to use the browser with wifi, only AT&T. This has happened twice in the past week. The last time this happened the problem lasted for about 16 hours and seems to have corrected itself, now this has been happening for about 24 hours and I'm getting sick of waiting for the problem to correct itself. Any advice? Problem does not appear to be the wifi, as my laptop has no problems connecting and again, the wifi icon on the berry screen is white.
    04-02-11 08:29 AM
    had the same problem (rogers OS5) would connect then disconnect. i upgraded the phone with the telus OS6 and the connection is MUCH faster and seems at this point to stay...the odd time it loses but overall much better.
    04-02-11 08:50 AM
    Wifi doesn't disconnect though. Browser "requests" for a couple of minutes, then a message stating unable to connect to the internet, or server is busy, etc. I am able to connect using another browser (Opera mini) while using wifi only and can always connect using AT&T. Maybe a problem with the default browser?
    04-02-11 09:52 AM
    With OS 5, whenever I connected to WiFi the WiFi icon remained grey, means I was connected but I couldn't actually use the WiFi connection.

I tried everything starting from turning off my mobile network then enabling WiFi, then I changed the security method from WPA2-Personal to WPA, then to WEP, then finally to NO SECURITY just for trial's sake, but no luck.

I have a Linksys E1000 which supports push button setup, I tried setting up using the push button, then manually adding it, no luck, stayed with Linksys Tech support for 1 hour for 5 consecutive days until we finally gave up..... So I just gave up on the WiFi idea on my BB.....

Now, after getting a Torch, and noticing that when it connects to WiFi, the WiFi signal bars turn white instantly, I was interested to know, is it something to do with the WiFi chipset in the phone? Or is it OS6? hmm.....

Finally, after getting a 9700, and loading OS 6, when I turn WiFi, the signal bars become white within lik 5-6 seconds! and I can browse through WiFi and the speed is instantenous.....

I am glad OS 6 fixes the WiFi connectivity issue...
    04-02-11 10:01 AM
    04-02-11 10:02 AM
    if you have os 6

go to Option> Device> Application Management >select browser press menu go to edit default permissions and 'allow' all.
    06-18-12 02:41 AM
    +1, the OS6 solves the issue...
    06-19-12 12:52 AM
    Hi There,

I tried changing the values under Device -> Application Management -> Browser -> edit default permissions and tried to allow but not allowing me to change it.

Values are set as custom and unable to change to allow.

Any other ideas please.

I can able to connect through SIM data and use browser and can able to use internet but when I try to use WiFi the device is not working and unable to use Internet.

Thanks
    Sridhar R
    11-24-12 04:21 PM
    Have had the 9300 curve for about 2 months now and wifi has always worked without a problem. During the past week, the wifi has started having problems. Wifi icon is showing white, as if connected but I am unable to use the browser with wifi, only AT&T. This has happened twice in the past week. The last time this happened the problem lasted for about 16 hours and seems to have corrected itself, now this has been happening for about 24 hours and I'm getting sick of waiting for the problem to correct itself. Any advice? Problem does not appear to be the wifi, as my laptop has no problems connecting and again, the wifi icon on the berry screen is white.
    03-27-15 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD