Yesterday I tried to send a pic from my laptop to my Curve via BT and it keeps telling me the two (my Curve and my laptop) aren't paired, even though they were. I followed my PC suggestions, removed the devices from one another, rebooted both devices and set BT up again. Still I'm getting the same problem.

A few weeks ago I could connect via BT and use my laptop speakers to listen to music on my Curve, use it as a speaker phone, and transfer media. But now it won't let me connect the two at all.

Also, from day one my PC was indicating it could not find two "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" drivers, which didn't seem to make a difference as I was still able to do the things I mentioned above. At least until yesterday when I tried to send the pic and was told they're not paired.

I have a Curve 8530 with OS 5.0.0.886 and my laptop is an Acer Aspire 5740-5255 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

I did find a thread on here about a fix for this, however, it states I need to click the "update driver" on the missing device drivers (apparently to try to add them manually) which I cannot do as they're grayed out and won't let me.

I don't know much of anything when it comes to drivers and such, but does anyone know an easy way for me to fix this?

Thanks in advance to those who reply!
    11-19-10 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD