I have a very tiny symbol on my home screen that looks like a little cassette tape. I have now idea what it is and can't find anything in the manual.

Thanks
    wgialluca51
    03-19-11 07:36 AM
    classic voicemail icon.....havent you ever owned a cell phone before??
    03-19-11 07:38 AM
    AH... Try again.... there is no voicemail message.
    03-19-11 07:40 AM
    Need to recheck your VM

03-19-11 07:48 AM
    After looking at these symbols it looks more like Service Book Waiting
    03-19-11 07:51 AM
    I have the 8330. That is a voice mail symbol. Try a battery pull. Wait a few (10-15) seconds then put the battery back. Sometimes I need to do this to clear the symbols
    03-19-11 08:24 AM
    Mmmmm..... tried that and its still their.
    03-19-11 08:36 AM
    classic voicemail icon.....havent you ever owned a cell phone before??
    Posts like this are simply not necessary. OP obviously doesn't know what the symbol means.
    03-19-11 11:06 AM
    I have a very tiny symbol on my home screen that looks like a little cassette tape. I have now idea what it is and can't find anything in the manual.

Thanks
    wgialluca51
    Any chance you could take a screen shot of your Home Screen so we can see exactly what the symbol on your device looks like?

My first BlackBerry EVER was a Curve 8330! Just saying

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-11 11:07 AM
    I had that little cassette-tape icon on my 8330 screen whenever I listened to a voice mail, then hung up without saving or deleting.
    03-19-11 02:16 PM
  11. T
    Sometimes, if your phone logs missed calls and voicemails in your messages inbox, you might have to mark it as read. Then it might delete that cassette icon without having to wait (or reboot).

03-19-11 05:45 PM
    Posts like this are simply not necessary. OP obviously doesn't know what the symbol means.

Who are you to tell the guy he can't post a post like this? This website is to help blackberry users. So what if he makes a post liike this hers just trying to get an answer.

03-19-11 06:18 PM
  13. T
    I think HF was replying to someone who gave the OP some sh*t for starting the topic.

03-19-11 06:20 PM
    Who are you to tell the guy he can't post a post like this? This website is to help blackberry users. So what if he makes a post liike this hers just trying to get an answer.

He quoted who he was replying to. Calm down bud......
    03-19-11 07:12 PM
    Thanks to those who were kind enough in trying to answer my question. I did get rid of the icon. Apparently there was a buried voice message that I found and all I had to do was hang up without saving or deleting the message. Not sure how I even stumbled accross it but the problem is solved. Thanks again.

wgialluca51
    03-19-11 07:17 PM
    Thanks to those who were kind enough in trying to answer my question. I did get rid of the icon. Apparently there was a buried voice message that I found and all I had to do was hang up without saving or deleting the message. Not sure how I even stumbled accross it but the problem is solved. Thanks again.

wgialluca51
    i told you it was a voicemail. it usually is a buried message somewhere you need to recheck. and to all those giving me crap over my comment, i meant it in a joking way. the VM icon is one of the few icons that is generally the same on EVERY cell phone, across ALL platforms over the past 10+ years. who HASNT seen it before.

and by the way, what a VM icon looks like and how to check it is in the owners manual for any phone nowadays....that and all other common display icons. my post wasnt meant to be condecending, but was more in shock that someone didnt know what it was.
    03-19-11 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD