So I got my Curve 8530 wet. After three days of freezer, rice, cool air haridryer and low heat oven, the screen works fine but the keys do not. I am a new bb user as of JAN and use it almost exclusively for email and phone. For replacement bb, should I suck it up and get a new 8530, perhaps a used one even (around $200 - $250), or should I get a new 8330 (around $80). Any thoughts would be appreciated!
    05-20-10 02:13 PM
    Go with the 8530.

Why in the name of all that is holy did you try freezing it? That only made the
    problem much worse. You basically solidified the moisture and in thawing it allowed
    it to continue ruining the circuit board unabated.

The hair dryer was an equally bad idea. You pushed the moisture into the phone
    beyond the capable reach of the hair dryer.
    05-20-10 03:05 PM
    What carrier are you with? You said 8330 so I'm assuming you're on Sprint or
    Verizon. If you're on Verizon the 8530 is $30 with an upgrade right now.
    05-20-10 03:09 PM
    What about insurance?
    05-20-10 03:17 PM
    [QUOTE=amazinglygraceless;5142249]Why in the name of all that is holy did you try freezing it?

As much as I'd like to pretend otherwise, this is not my first experience with having gotten a phone wet. Freezing has helped with cordless home phones, the RAZR several times, and even a remote control. Had no idea it was such a bad thing as it's worked in the past with great results.

Thanks for the advice. Should there be a next time [please God, no!] I'll be better equipped to handle.
    05-20-10 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD