We are thinking about going from the curve 8330 to either the curve 8530 or the tour 9630. any suggestions?????
    01-28-10 03:23 PM
    Definitely the 8530 over the 8330.

However, if you like the 9630 and can hold off a bit, the 9650 (Tour plus Wifi and a trackpad) is supposed to be out next month.
    01-28-10 03:38 PM
    I currently have the tour, and I couldn't be happier with it! The new curve looks good and all but it didn't have "doc to go" I use excel and word on a daily basics. I haven't had any of the problems with it, that I find on cb. The keyboard is much larger on the tour, and doesn't have the plasticy feel of the curve, the curve has a e mp camera doesn't have a led flash, the tour come with a 3.2 mp camera with a led flash! This is my first bb, and I found it very user friendly! I upgraded the memory card from a 2gb to an 8gb and wow what a difference! I played with the curve and tour, to me personally I like the way the tour felt in the hand, the wider keyboard was a plus, the bigger screen, and the over all feel. So I hope this helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 03:48 PM
    Much of it depends on your needs, followed by personal taste. If you want the bells and whistles, Tour. If you need just functionality, the Curve 2 will get it done, plus give you Wi-Fi and the trackpad. But, look hard for a bargain, don't shaft yourself pricewise, I've seen them run as low as $49.(Tour)

Curve 2 is $28.88 on upgrade or new service at Wal*Mart.

01-28-10 04:04 PM
    If you really like the 8330 then get the 8530. If you want the better screen then go with the tour.
    01-28-10 09:39 PM
    Can't go wrong w/ either one. Although the 8330 is reliable according to most, it is a relic compared to the overall feel and look of the Tour and Curve 2. You will win either way. BTW, I have Tour. My wife has 8530. I love both.

01-28-10 09:49 PM
    Definitely the 8530 over the 8330.

However, if you like the 9630 and can hold off a bit, the 9650 (Tour plus Wifi and a trackpad) is supposed to be out next month.
    I definitely agree with this.
    01-28-10 10:44 PM
    I have the Curve 8530 snd its great. I especially love the trackpad. Its a lot easier to use than it looks.

I've been told the difference in screens between the new curve and the tour isn't that big..then again I haven't seen for myself.

Just go to blackberry's website and use the compare feature they have to see which you prefer between the two..that's what I did and decided the curve 8530 to be for me.

01-28-10 10:46 PM
    I have The Tour and it is amazing. I run the 4.7 OS and haven't had any issues.
    I have no complaints. WIFI is not an issue with me nor is the lack of a trackpad vs trackball. I am very happy with my selection. I love having all the bells and whistles and it gets a lot of attention when I have it out. Call quality is great. I have no complaints whatsoever. You would like this device. I haven't upgraded the miscoSD but am thinking about it. I have my own CD's on it and the music sound is awesome. It also takes really good photos too. I have a digital camera but this Tour really takes good pics too. You would be happy with The Tour.
    01-28-10 11:47 PM
    better still wait for the Tour2.
    01-29-10 04:25 AM
    Just wait for the tour 2

01-29-10 08:43 AM
    I've been told the difference in screens between the new curve and the tour isn't that big..then again I haven't seen for myself.
    Oh the difference is pretty noticable. The best way that I've seen it described is it's like the difference between a HD picture and a SD picture, and I couldn't agree more, the Tour screen is far better than the 8530, but that's not to say that the 8530 screen is necessarily bad, it's just not as crisp.

I LOVE my Tour, it's really a great device. Like some of the other folks have said, if you can hold off a bit, the Tour 2 (9650) will be coming out soon, however, if you can't hold off, then the Tour 9630 is a great device. Also, take into consideration that the 3G on the Tour is EVDO Rev. A, while the 3G on the 8530 is EVDO Rev. O, which while it's still 3G speed, it is slower than the 3G on the Tour. Rev. A is faster than Rev. O.
    (If I'm incorrect about the 3G speed of the two devices, someone please correct me!)

Also, the Tour has a much better camera, 3.2mp with auto focus and flash, compared to a 2.0mb no autofocus or flash on the 8530...
    01-29-10 08:46 AM
    I had all 3 but the tour i have probs with losing signal where i live only i ever owned that did that
    01-30-10 01:09 AM
    i am also trying to figure out which smart phone to get
    01-30-10 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD