I got the iPhone 4 on launch day and previously had the 3G. The phone is definitely awesome and is very simple to use, however I'm kind of tired with it. I use a lot of apps, but I definitely don't take full advantage of what the iPhone has to offer.

A lot of my friends have BBs and I've been tempted to switch to one. I currently have AT&T and one of the phones on our plan is upgrade eligible. If I was to get a BB, I could sell the iPhone 4 for about $700 on eBay. Not a bad deal.

I don't know much or anything about any BB rumors, and I know the only options AT&T has to offer me are the Torch and the Bold 9700. I've googled and searched but didn't find anything so my question is does anyone know if AT&T will be coming out with a new version of the Bold or Curve any time soon? I'm not interested in the Torch.

Thanks.
    08-17-10 05:04 PM
    I tell ya, I too have used everything from iPhone to webOS and anroid. Evrytime I end up back with blackberry. Practicality, reliability and effectiveness . Not to mention the battery life has been exceptional. Go with the bold. I take it on the cheap and carry an 8530. Love it. Zagging cover and a sil skin; I'm off and running. Bbm will be great with your friends. The other stuff is great for the general public but for business it's blackberry all the way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 06:05 PM
    The new Bold 9780 should come to AT&T. Rumored to have 512 mb RAM/ROM and a 5 mp camera running OS6 out of the box. Other than that it is the same form factor as the 9700 bold. There is a thread for it here.
    08-17-10 06:17 PM
    The new Bold 9780 should come to AT&T. Rumored to have 512 mb RAM/ROM and a 5 mp camera running OS6 out of the box. Other than that it is the same form factor as the 9700 bold. There is a thread for it here.
    Any idea when the 9780 would come out?

Anyone know if the 9700 would be running OS 6 out of the box? If not, would I be able to update it with OS 6?
    08-18-10 12:07 PM
    go to a blackberry man you wont regret it
    08-18-10 12:10 PM
    Any idea when the 9780 would come out?

Anyone know if the 9700 would be running OS 6 out of the box? If not, would I be able to update it with OS 6?
    Any 9700 that you purchase today will not be running OS6 out of the box. OS6 hasn't been approved from any carrier to run on the 9700, and unfortunately there is no time frame on when or even if OS6 will be approved by AT&T to launch on that model. (Yes, I know RIM said that OS6 will run on the 9700, but as of this date ATT has yet to even release 5.0 for the 9000, and we all know that it's readily available, I'm just sayin )

I would anticipate that ATT will launch a version of the 93xx series in the not so distant future. It was launched on other carriers pretty quietly, so I wouldn't think ATT would make a big scene about it, but I'm sure that they'll carry it.

If I were you, I'd wait for the 9780, the Bold with 512MB of memory. While they say that the 9700 will support OS6, it has yet to be determined how it will work on a device with 256mb of memory. As of this time, there is no release date for the 9780, and there isn't much information on when the potential date would be either... at least none that I know of.
    08-18-10 12:26 PM
    Yeah, I got tired of the iPhone 3GS in about 3 months after I realized I couldn't customize it the way I wanted it. So, back to BB I came.

Plus, the communications abilities of the BB (talking/email/texting/keyboard/typing) are simply superior, which is frankly the most important thing a smartphone should do. Oh, the little LED notification light seems simple but it's amazing how much you miss it when you don't have it.
    08-18-10 12:31 PM
    If you are serious about a communication tool and battery life the BB will blow you away in this regard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD