I am a new blackberry user who switched from iPhone to Blackberry about 1 year ago. So moving forward if blackberry does release an android device (rumors on slider) what does it mean to us (passport with BB10 OS) do we get a major OS upgrade to switch to android or we will be forgotten completely like the playbook? I am not an expert on this but I was just wondering what will happen?
    09-17-15 10:42 AM
    NO one on this forum really knows for sure.

Posted via CB10
    MehdiQ likes this.
    09-17-15 10:49 AM
    As already noted, nobody knows for sure at the moment. Blackberry has been extremely silent regarding this topic, although we need to keep in mind they have yet to announce the Android running Venice officially.

The current state looks rather gloomy though: The 10.3.2 update took pretty long to roll out globally, the changes and new features are decent, yet not really impressive, double-typing fix aside.
    Also there are no really hints regarding any future versions of the BB10 OS at all. In addition BlackBerry is also completely silent regarding upcoming versions of the OS, there are no roadmaps, no teasers, John Chen doesn't even talk about it anymore. Personally I doubt they'll completely ditch it, but they're more or less putting it in some sort of maintenance mode, so they'll mostly squash bugs in the future.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and MehdiQ like this.
    09-17-15 12:58 PM
    BB 10 os will prosper.

  
    MehdiQ likes this.
    09-17-15 01:14 PM
    I think the thing of the slider running Android is made to attract the users who like the hardware and want Android games useful apps.
    So why not making this happen?

I am almost sure that John Chen would come later with the slider for US running BB10.3.3 you know, like has been done with the Z10 to attract those who want a touch screen then, about 6 months later he came with the Q10 to my surprise and satisfaction...

It will be a surprise, I feel it!!
    I hope It would be!

I'll buy the slider when it comes out with BB10 (but not with Android)

Let's hope this come true!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.2.2639 ; Germany.
    09-17-15 02:19 PM