Hello All,

I'd like to start out by saying that I'm glad to be part of the crackberry cult after having bought the Passport. So far, the experience has been a breath of fresh air.

But in light of that Blackberry is a tad leanient now with the idea of installing Android apps, I've had a nagging question:

Over the years, Facebook has become an info mongering giant that's ever present in our lives no matter what we do. Their apps are practically designed to spy on us, and since BB now allows APK to be installed, it got me thinking - just how secure are our BB's now compared to what they used to be?

Any thoughts? Given what Facebook does now, does this mean that the blackberry isn't the secure fortress it used to be?
    10-03-15 01:30 PM
    Sorry, I didn't sign up earlier so I couldn't edit the question: I meant to say that BB's core is that its a secure phone. In light of what Facebook does to gather info about people and how it has developed to invade our privacies, can we say that the security of BB has been compromised?
    10-03-15 01:34 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

No, security of BB10 has not been compromised. Both are choices: you can choose to install Android apps on BB10, and you can choose to use Facebook on BB10 and/or use Facebook at all. And as far as apps are concerned, unless there's a deep verification protocol in place, you can never really trust what they're up to. This was true even on BBOS, where you would have apps from *certain* developers that would spam you.
    10-03-15 01:37 PM