One of the editorials today talks about the new BlackBerry/Amazon alliance and the great news that big name apps such as Pandora, Spotify , Netflix and Pinterest will now be available on BlackBerry 10 devices.

I'm curious to know if these apps are used by people outside North America. The Amazon deal strikes me as primarily a North American solution but I admit I could be wrong. I'm know there are plenty of games in Amazon that will be used by all users but I'm curious to know if the "major" apps are used outside NA. if they are not, is the "app gap" largely a NA complaint? I'm interested in the opinion of people mostly outside North America here.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 12:16 PM
    I'm not in na, but for me personally, I don't use any of those mentioned apps. It's a generation thing, the snapchats an intagrams is for kids in my humble opinion, the likes of netflix, I've got it on my roku and would rarely watch tv on a tiny screen.
    06-21-14 12:24 PM
    Those apps are rarely used in most African countries. Our Internet speed is at 3G HSPA speed and it is still expensive to stream Netflix movie. 4G LTE is still at developmental stage. Personally, I am not bothered about movies since I got all the movies I want through cable TV costing about $13 per month. All what we need in Africa is BB10 BIS or nothing. Killing BIS means killing BlackBerry in Africa.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 01:54 PM
    Don't use them either. Something like the BBC iPlayer is far more important here than Netflix, which is an American channel after all.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 02:11 PM
    I am in North America I have Netflix on my TV and I don't use any of the others.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 02:14 PM
    UK here. I use Netflix and Spotify daily

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-21-14 02:38 PM