http://seekingalpha.com/article/7014...rb-its-decline . . .Interesting read . . .thoughts???

-Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900
    07-04-12 02:38 PM
    7 Things Research In Motion Must Do To Curb Its Decline - Seeking Alpha . . .Interesting read . . .thoughts???

-Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900
    I like the suggestions. I'd totally pay a monthly fee to use BBM, and another fee to use BBM Music. For example, say the fee for BBM is $5 a month, and to use BBM Music is an additional $5. On BB, the fee for BBM Music could be lowered to only $2/month. I guess that would mean I'd be paying $7 in total for BBM Music if I'm using both platforms in a given month.
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    07-04-12 02:47 PM
    I agree with the upgrade path. Not so sure about BBM right now, but if it gets worse say RIM gets out of the hardware business, then okay. BBM is kind of their ace in the hole, no need to license it out unless it's necessary.
    07-04-12 02:50 PM
    I say license bbm...if the one selling factor for Rim devices is BBM, why would a newbie want to purchase a BB if he can't add contacts to bbm.
    I say license bbm with a limited feature set, like chat only and no file transfer and no status updates. Let the 3rd party vendors help increase bbm mass and when Rim builds a better device with a solid platform it will be an easier sell for consumers to switch over to BB and they'll have nice list of bbmers to chat with.
    07-04-12 02:58 PM
    I guess I need to google the BBM music to get a better feel of what it is. I assumed it was a cloud music storage like google music. Is this a music deal exclusive to BBM users?
    07-04-12 03:12 PM
    I like the suggestions. I'd totally pay a monthly fee to use BBM, and another fee to use BBM Music. For example, say the fee for BBM is $5 a month, and to use BBM Music is an additional $5. On BB, the fee for BBM Music could be lowered to only $2/month. I guess that would mean I'd be paying $7 in total for BBM Music if I'm using both platforms in a given month.
    I can't see myself paying a monthly fee for bbm, especially with free alternatives. I can chat via Google, facebook messenger, etc...as far as bbm music I like the concept but I can't pay for that either (I know I sound like a big cheapo)...songs/albums are easily accessible whether its YouTube, Pandora, or a friend emailing song/album to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    07-04-12 03:24 PM
    I guess I need to google the BBM music to get a better feel of what it is. I assumed it was a cloud music storage like google music. Is this a music deal exclusive to BBM users?
    It's exclusive to BB users, you don't really have to use BBM. You get 50 songs and every month you can swap 25 for new songs. You can then ad up to 500 other bbm music contacts (not bbm contacts although you can ad them to bbm if you want) and you then have access to their 50 songs also.

It's basically a streaming service with the option to cache songs to the sd card, you can do it one by one or cache a contact's full list.

It goes beyond that, you can favorite songs or contacts, you can create playlists etc etc
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-04-12 04:05 PM
    I think many folks upgrading from a BB to other devices will definitely pay a small monthly subscription (2-3 bucks a month?) to keep their BBM functionality, groups, contacts etc. Make a free watered down version of BBM and a short (30 day) free trial of BBM Music available on other devices and charge $3 a month for BB subscribers and $6 for non BB subscribers. At least that way you can hold some relevance (and make some revenue) in the market till BB10 devices arrive. . . BBM + BBM Music are a great combo and i'm sure once other people see that many will switch back given certain incentives (and heck. . . it's direct advertising to people on other devices)
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-05-12 12:47 PM
    I already pay a ransom for BES data plan so would be opposed to any additional add-on fees.
    07-05-12 01:57 PM
    I think many folks upgrading from a BB to other devices will definitely pay a small monthly subscription (2-3 bucks a month?) to keep their BBM functionality, groups, contacts etc. Make a free watered down version of BBM and a short (30 day) free trial of BBM Music available on other devices and charge $3 a month for BB subscribers and $6 for non BB subscribers. At least that way you can hold some relevance (and make some revenue) in the market till BB10 devices arrive. . . BBM + BBM Music are a great combo and i'm sure once other people see that many will switch back given certain incentives (and heck. . . it's direct advertising to people on other devices)
    RIM cannot get their own BlackBerry 10 delivered. What makes you think they could possibly develop BBM clients for other platforms? Geez some people are delusional.
    07-05-12 01:59 PM
    RIM cannot get their own BlackBerry 10 delivered. What makes you think they could possibly develop BBM clients for other platforms? Geez some people are delusional.
    Relax. . .calm down. . .I never mentioned anything about RIM's ability to do anything. . .all I was doing was stating what I though would be a good idea. . .count to 5. . .take a deep breath. . .exhale. . .now stop complaining and actually offer something worthwhile to this conversation.
    07-05-12 02:52 PM
    I already pay a ransom for BES data plan so would be opposed to any additional add-on fees.
    But since you're already using BB, you wouldn't have to pay additional fees to use BBM.
    07-05-12 02:57 PM
    I wouldn't pay one cent extra to use BBM or BB Music and I would have to imagine I am in the majority on this.
    07-05-12 07:41 PM
    I wouldn't pay one cent extra to use BBM or BB Music and I would have to imagine I am in the majority on this.
    I wouldn't be to sure. . .well maybe a one time payment for BBM on iOS and Android (but still keep a monthly subscription for BBM music) People would love to have at least BBM back right?! and BBM music is a great addition to BBM
    07-05-12 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD