just watching a add for the 2012 olympics in London on ctv and i noticed first thing a person in add with a ipad..also you go to these sites and there are usually ipad apps but no playbook apps. You would think that these sites would promote and "Believe" and support our "Canadian" Rim. I just find it ironic that media forums like cbc which is known to be bashing Rim would do so considering they are supported by the taxpayers dollars..in fact the same peoples taxes that come out of rim employees pay cheques..as Canadians we pull together for internation relief which i am totally behind in being a helping hand,,,so how about supporting our own and keep our own people working as well
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-12-12 09:44 AM
    just watching a add for the 2012 olympics in London on ctv and i noticed first thing a person in add with a ipad..also you go to these sites and there are usually ipad apps but no playbook apps. You would think that these sites would promote and "Believe" and support our "Canadian" Rim. I just find it ironic that media forums like cbc which is known to be bashing Rim would do so considering they are supported by the taxpayers dollars..in fact the same peoples taxes that come out of rim employees pay cheques..as Canadians we pull together for internation relief which i am totally behind in being a helping hand,,,so how about supporting our own and keep our own people working as well
    Don Cherry is right. He said years ago that no other country does what Canadians do. We eat our young. For some messed up reason it has become "Canadian" to throw Canadians under the bus. A lot of us know it aint right but the public still does it.
    02-12-12 10:01 AM
    CTV is now owned by Bell Media. I can watch the television shows on my BlackBerry PlayBook in the web browser, no special application necessary. But certain smartphones and tablets are able to stream these shows live unlike the BlackBerry PlayBook. Odd indeed.
    02-12-12 11:27 AM
    as a CFL fan in Ontario, i know exactly this feeling that Canadians bash anything Canadian. our football ( in part, our very culture ), our companies ( RIM ), and anything else canadian is a joke to our very 'canadian' people.
    they think being canadian is simply drinking tim horton's coffee and cheering on the canadian hockey teams.
    BB10FTW likes this.
    02-12-12 11:33 AM
    I have mentioned this, regarding CTV, on Crackberry before. CTV has had nothing good to say about RIM.

Even the local CTV broadcast in Kitchener/Waterloo has joined the bandwagon of spewing nothing but the negative even during recent times when there has been a little positive news with a glimmer of hope.

They air their new iPad App commercial about 30 times a day though. That should tell you something about CTV and Bell Media.
    02-12-12 11:36 AM
    They are supporting other tablets because of the 3G/4G capability. Once you insert Bell's sim card into those tablet, you are able to use their services. The iPad and some Android tablets do have data capabilities which is why they are heavily promoting it and this does make sense to me because I don't see the carriers benifit in promoting a wifi only tablet. Once RIM releases the 3G/4G tablet, I'm sure they'll start promoting it.
    02-12-12 11:36 AM
    as a CFL fan in Ontario, i know exactly this feeling that Canadians bash anything Canadian. our football ( in part, our very culture ), our companies ( RIM ), and anything else canadian is a joke to our very 'canadian' people.
    they think being canadian is simply drinking tim horton's coffee and cheering on the canadian hockey teams.
    I commend you for being an Argos fan. That team just needs a proper stadium in TO. Watching games on TV from Rogers center is visually appealing. It's nice to see all the other teams sell out or come close to it. BUT, it kills me to see Canada's largest city not support the Argos. I heard they don't even have a team store at the Roger Center. Someone said there is a Bills store instead.
    02-12-12 11:56 AM
    i recently watched a documentary on the late Ted Rogers. there was a theme thoughout about him a canadian who loved this country and supported canadian things.

when offered larger profit margins to make his products elsewhere, his father refused and had rogers radios made in canada. he learned from this and tried to support canadian things....yet, in stark contradiction to this, stepped over the canadian football league trying to get the NFL in toronto.

for the amount of money Rogers has lost on this 'bills in toronto' fiasco, he could have bought the toronto argos and made them into the iconic canadian sports franchise they are supposed to be.

then again, rogers hasn't exactly turned the bluejays into a winner, have they?
    02-12-12 12:09 PM
    The Jays have so much working against them tho. Mind you MLB needs a salary cap for all teams to be equal. I know im off topic here but i had to get that off my chest.
    02-12-12 12:12 PM
    rogers corporation has more money than the redsox and yankees combined. if they wanted to compete, they most certainly could.
    they choose not to compete because rogers doesn't own the bluejays to win championships. they own the jays for the content they get for sportsnet channels, fan590 radio and to provide content to cell phone subscribers.
    the exact reason rogers is now part owner of MLSE.
    during that press conference announcing rogers and bell jointly purchased MLSE, MLSE president, larry T said they are now going for all the championships; stanley cup, NBA title and ...and...and..."whats the MLS championship called?".
    he actually didn't know what titles they compete for. they are not about winning. they are about MONEY. money can be made by providing content, which is the primary reason rogers is in the sports business at all.
    02-12-12 12:19 PM
    As I mentined in another post, I had someone tell me they won't create a BB app because "it's 2012, not 2006." I totally blame RIM and their poor advertising.
    02-12-12 12:45 PM
    rogers corporation has more money than the redsox and yankees combined. if they wanted to compete, they most certainly could.
    they choose not to compete because rogers doesn't own the bluejays to win championships. they own the jays for the content they get for sportsnet channels, fan590 radio and to provide content to cell phone subscribers.
    the exact reason rogers is now part owner of MLSE.
    during that press conference announcing rogers and bell jointly purchased MLSE, MLSE president, larry T said they are now going for all the championships; stanley cup, NBA title and ...and...and..."whats the MLS championship called?".
    he actually didn't know what titles they compete for. they are not about winning. they are about MONEY. money can be made by providing content, which is the primary reason rogers is in the sports business at all.
    Maybe people should stop buying seasons passes. Once they have the money whats the incentive?
    02-12-12 01:52 PM
    It's not just CTV. As I posted earlier, it's pretty much every company:

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...canada-696668/

The not so logical thing is, BlackBerry is the number 1 selling smartphone in Canada, yet it doesn't get the attention it deserves. In the end, it's also RIM's fault for not marketing their products and app support to these companies.
    02-12-12 03:24 PM
    I have mentioned this, regarding CTV, on Crackberry before. CTV has had nothing good to say about RIM.

Even the local CTV broadcast in Kitchener/Waterloo has joined the bandwagon of spewing nothing but the negative even during recent times when there has been a little positive news with a glimmer of hope.

They air their new iPad App commercial about 30 times a day though. That should tell you something about CTV and Bell Media.
    All this tells me is that Apple spends a lot on advertising with them. If RIM or anyone else for that matter spent huge amounts of dollars guess what would happen??
    It's all about the dollars, it has nothing to do with nationality, or Canadian pride...
    people can play the RIM is Canadian card all they want, but the fact of the matter is all these companies are multi national corporations with one goal in mind.
    I wish RIM would spend their advertising $$$$ smarter, but that's another topic.
    02-12-12 04:23 PM
    The Jays have so much working against them tho. Mind you MLB needs a salary cap for all teams to be equal. I know im off topic here but i had to get that off my chest.
    You know that in the past 4 year, the Rays have more division crowns than the red sox's and just as many as the Yankees? The rays also have more world series appierences as the red sox in that time and just as many as the Yankees. All the while having a payroll that never went higher than $70 million, about a third of the Yankees and less than half of the red sox's. And this season I once again look forward to rays competing for the division.
    02-12-12 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD