Help needed please. My daughter got my BB storm when i upgraded. She was out riding 4 wheelers and it fell out of her pocket and got run over and crushed the touch screen. the phone comes on and i was able to back up the data, but my question is there any way to recover text messages from the back up and see them on the computer? there are some messages that i need to get for an issue that has come up that needs to be resolved and the messages will resolve this issue.

Thank you all for your help.
    03-03-11 04:57 PM
    I believe you might be able to use ABC Amber to convert the .ipd back file to a viewable format on your pc
    03-03-11 05:19 PM
    thanks. i found another free converting program that worked fine.
    03-03-11 07:14 PM
    If it worked for you please share the name so other forum members who drive over there phones can benefit from your discovery, and yes my daughter trashed 2.... teens + BB = $$$$$$$
    03-04-11 06:22 AM
    Magicberry. It is a free program that i found during a search on google. It worked like a charm and i was able to pull the text messages off and put them into a text file so i was able to print them out. From what i read it can pull most of the stuff out of an ipd file so it is readable on a computer.
    Last edited by tlbruce1969; 03-04-11 at 08:20 AM.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-04-11 08:17 AM
    I reworked the titled so that this thread might be more helpful to the next person with a similar problem.

Here is a link to the referenced program also.......

MagicBerry Blackberry IPD Editor and Converter - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    tlbruce1969 likes this.
    03-04-11 08:57 AM
    thanks for that.
    03-04-11 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD