Hello Everyone and BlackBerry employees and John Chen (he said he sometimes checks out CrackBerry):

Your Priv marketing is completely and utterly horrible. Very bad designs, fonts, typography.

I know you are short-staffed. So, here is an idea: just crowdsource your whole Priv Advertising campaign to a site like 99Designs.com - run a contest for $10k, $50K. You'll get a complete set of advertising / campaign material for that much. And it'll be so much higher quality than the (horrible) ad-designs you are pushing out on your blog, website, social media.

EDIT:
    If any CB user has amazing design chops, feel free to contribute your campaign ideas/design-mockups. I am sure you can't do any worse than current BB campaigns. So, any ideas you have will be helpful to BlackBerry (if they are watching this thread).
    BlackistheBerry and rai187 like this.
    10-28-15 03:19 PM
    Hello Everyone and BlackBerry employees and John Chen (he said he sometimes checks out CrackBerry):

Your Priv marketing is completely and utterly horrible. Very bad designs, fonts, typography.

I know you are short-staffed. So, here is an idea: just crowdsource your whole Priv Advertising campaign to a site like 99Designs.com - run a contest for $10k, $50K. You'll get a complete set of advertising / campaign material for that much. And it'll be so much higher quality than the (horrible) ad-designs you are pushing out on your blog, website, social media.
    I bet right now he isn't..... it would be too depressing for him.

I'll admit I'm not impressed so far.... They've got $3 Billion in cash in the bank, if the WANTED to do a conventional marketing campaign to go along with the PRIV, they can afford to do it. And once it's launched, maybe they will.

That's if they think they have any chance at all of selling this phone to anyone other than 30% of the BlackBerry fanbase. If they don't have any faith in the PRIV, then why bother with even a crowdsource type marketing plan.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-28-15 03:28 PM
    Advertise why?
    It has not worked for them before!
    logger4942 likes this.
    10-28-15 03:45 PM
    Hey OP, what are your marketing and advertising credentials?

What's your LinkedIn page?
    Where's your portfolio?
    Have you ever managed a new product launch that was expected to drive millions of dollars?

Prove your knowledge or validate that you're a subject matter expert in the industry.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-28-15 06:01 PM

EDIT:
    If any CB user has amazing design chops, feel free to contribute your campaign ideas/design-mockups. I am sure you can't do any worse than current BB campaigns. So, any ideas you have will be helpful to BlackBerry (if they are watching this thread).

Relax man....they sold 800K Bb10 phones without advertising...Im sure that they have the PRIV distribution channels under control. The real advertising will occur with all the hands-on videos on the tech geek websites....Also remember that the carriers are coming back on board with this, and this time they don't need to sell the OS to the customers. So watch for PRIV real-estate on the carriers websites.

So its not all that bad, other than the original name that is...they should stuck with VENICE.
    10-28-15 06:15 PM
    Advertise why?
    It has not worked for them before!
    Not true. Storm and Torch marketing were done somewhat well. Storm was such a ****ty competitor to iPhone that (arguably) it's marketing is one of the major thing that contributed to BlackBerry's fall from grace. If they hadn't marketed it so well, not so many people would have purchased it and spread negative reviews about Storm and BlackBerry in general.

Anyway, Priv is a fantastic device and if they supported it with Storm like marketing, it'd be super awesome. Their current campaign is sooooo bad, it's disgusting.
    10-28-15 06:19 PM

Where's your portfolio?
    Have you ever managed a new product launch that was expected to drive millions of dollars?

Prove your knowledge or validate that you're a subject matter expert in the industry.

As a customer, I am turned off by stupid horrible ads/graphics that BlackBerry is pushing out. If I didn't already love BlackBerry, and was just another user, I'd have been completely put-off by such amateurish crap that they are pushing out.

PrivacyOn - woman in a shower - black and white - friggin creepy ****.
    techvisor likes this.
    10-28-15 06:21 PM
    As a customer, I am turned off by stupid horrible ads/graphics that BlackBerry is pushing out. If I didn't already love BlackBerry, and was just another user, I'd have been completely put-off by such amateurish crap that they are pushing out.

Check this video / ad:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1044963

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 09:07 PM
    Check this video / ad:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1044963

Posted via CB10
    Holy f, that is AWESOME.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 10:43 PM
    Great video.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    10-29-15 12:25 AM
    Yes Yes put that video on TV BB
    10-29-15 08:15 AM

Yeah I'm too sure about the shower ad..... as they "seemed" to make it clear that it was a woman. But hey that ad might be for a specific market.....

Anyway, it's nice to see that the PRIV is waterproof.
    10-29-15 09:01 AM

Anyway, it's nice to see that the PRIV is waterproof.
    Is it waterproof or are you being sarcastic?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 11:07 AM
    Is it waterproof or are you being sarcastic?

Posted via CB10
    What else was I suppose to get from a very naked woman in a shower with her phone... ten second point had water pouring over it.

But yeah I was being sarcastic... they haven't listed waterproof or water resistant on any of the current spec sheets.
    10-29-15 11:42 AM

Where's your portfolio?

Where are your credentials? Show your LinkedIn page and your portfolio. Have you ever managed a new product launch expected to drive millions of dollars?

Prove your knowledge and how you're a subject matter expert in the industry.

Once you've done that perhaps you can then explain how the OP's opinion is any less valid, with or without your prerequisites for having an opinion on Blackberry's crappy ad campaign. At least the OP has a suggestion on how they could improve it.
    techvisor likes this.
    10-29-15 12:08 PM
    Yeah I'm too sure about the shower ad..... as they "seemed" to make it clear that it was a woman. But hey that ad might be for a specific market.....
    Business phone - yeah, that's the ticket...

Creepy/enigmatic ads are problematic (Super Bowl, anyone?) They should stick with something a little more transparent (hopefully more than that shower door - I really dislike that ad).
    10-29-15 12:19 PM
    Where are your credentials? Show your LinkedIn page and your portfolio. Have you ever managed a new product launch expected to drive millions of dollars?

Prove your knowledge and how you're a subject matter expert in the industry.

Once you've done that perhaps you can then explain how the OP's opinion is any less valid, with or without your prerequisites for having an opinion on Blackberry's crappy ad campaign. At least the OP has a suggestion on how they could improve it.
    I'm not the one with an opinion and running my mouth as if I am an expert. But again, opinions are like a-holes. Opinions without knowledge are also words of a fool.

Sometimes, I have to remind myself that this is the Internet where everyone has an answer on topics they know nothing about.

10-29-15 08:24 PM
    I'm not the one with an opinion and running my mouth as if I am an expert. But again, opinions are like a-holes. Opinions without knowledge are also words of a fool.

Sometimes, I have to remind myself that this is the Internet where everyone has an answer on topics they know nothing about.

Sweetheart, it's not other marketing gurus that'll judge the quality of marketing. It is the friggin customers that are judge of it.

How good a doctor is judged by quality of treatment their patients receive. Not by other academic doctors.

How good of a teacher are you is reflected by how well your students do. Not what other teachers say.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 09:13 PM
    Sweetheart, it's not other marketing gurus that'll judge the quality of marketing. It is the friggin customers that are judge of it.

How good a doctor is judged by quality of treatment their patients receive. Not by other academic doctors.

How good of a teacher are you is reflected by how well your students do. Not what other teachers say.

Posted via CB10
    Every example you mentioned is based on the quality of the end result. Using your example, the actual device is the end result in which BBRY shall be judged on.

Marketing and advertising is not the end result, it's simply awareness to help drive the it. At the end, the numbers don't lie. I guarantee that if BBRY sell millions of Privs and stocks increase, you'll find this forum singing a new tune saying, "that marketing campaign was genius".

All-in-all, judging the results of marketing and advertising without end numbers is useless.

Oh yeah...awards given to agencies for marketing and advertising campaigns are judged by other marketing and advertising industry experts, not the customers. Of course when an entry is submitted, the judging panel may require analytical or financial data to validate how successful it was.
    10-29-15 09:34 PM
    Every example you mentioned is based on the quality of the end result. Using your example, the actual device is the end result in which BBRY shall be judged on.

Marketing and advertising is not the end result, it's simply awareness to help drive the it. At the end, the numbers don't lie. I guarantee that if BBRY sell millions of Privs and stocks increase, you'll find this forum singing a new tune saying, "that marketing campaign was genius".

All-in-all, judging the results of marketing and advertising without end numbers is useless.

Oh yeah...awards given to agencies for marketing and advertising campaigns are judged by other marketing and advertising industry experts, not the customers. Of course when an entry is submitted, the judging panel may require analytical or financial data to validate how successful it was.
    I give up, Walt. You win the internet.

Meanwhile, if anyone else would like to contributing to marketing campaign ideas. Feel free to do so. Maybe BlackBerry folks will see it.

Posted via CB10
    walt63 and amathtools like this.
    10-29-15 09:54 PM

Are you drunk?? Are you aware that this is an OPINION based forum. Are you aware that you don't have to read something just because it's there. The amount of people in these forums telling others that their thoughts or opinions are WRONG (think about that, assuming that you have the capacity) is staggering. Words of a fool is obviously something you are well versed in.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 10:30 PM
    Yeah I wouldn't be willing to contribute to a company who have the funds to do marketing but chooses not to instead
    10-31-15 10:25 AM
    Yeah I wouldn't be willing to contribute to a company who have the funds to do marketing but chooses not to instead
    Good point.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 10:57 AM
    Palm marketed the shiola out of thr pre.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 11:32 AM