I'm sure that with the Credit Suisse comments on Blackberry today, they MUST own a lot of APPLE stock. They appear nervous.
    I dumped a bank account with them years ago due to their attitude.
    06-19-15 06:49 PM
    pretty interesting. What were their comments about?
    06-19-15 07:09 PM
    "Credit Suisse is bearish on BlackBerry.
    In its fourth quarter earnings released Friday, BlackBerry reported earnings of $0.04 a share on profits of $76 million, beating analysts estimates for a $0.04 loss.
    But revenues of $660 million missed the forecast of $778 million, and were 32% lower year-over-year.
    Shares of the company fell by as much as 7% to around $8.80 per share in early afternoon trading on Monday, and the stock is down nearly 14% year-to-date, trading at its lowest point since last June.
    In a note Monday, Credit Suisse analysts wrote that they expect BlackBerry to continue to "burn cash."
    Given the inherent challenges in turning around the services stream, and subscale loss-making hardware business, we believe it would be best for the company to break up. Assuming shutting down the hardware business by the end of FY16 and winding down services business by the end of FY17, we arrive at NAV of $3.2bn ($6 per share), which approximate 37% downside from the current market price.
    Credit Suisse rates BlackBerry "Underperform" with a price target of $6.
    Here are the three biggest threats to BlackBerry's services business, according to Credit Suisse:
    The subscriber base will continue to erode.
    Average Revenue Per User will tank because of the shift towards BlackBerry 10.
    BlackBerry�s EZ Pass program will be hard to monetize because of the highly competitive market (BlackBerry closed down EZ Pass December 31 according to their website.)
    In January, BlackBerry denied a report that Samsung was interested in buying it for as much as $7.5 billion. The stock surged almost 30% on the report but then tumbled by as much as 15% after BlackBerry refuted the story.
    In a separate note, Deutsche Bank analysts wrote that they are not fans of going long BlackBerry because falling revenues set up the stock to plunge even further."
    06-19-15 07:23 PM
    Write ups like this are made to hurt the company that they're talking about. Pretty slick way to help drive down the stock price. I would like for Chen to confront the writer of the article and ask them where they got this info from. They got a mole inside BlackBerry? How do they know what BlackBerry is going to do. Speculation. And everyone's going to believe them.

Posted via CB.10 on my  Z10
    06-19-15 08:25 PM
    I find it funny that some people still believe the price/performance of BBRY stock has any impact on Apple.
    06-19-15 09:42 PM
    Edited the title a little. Did not see relevance of report to Apple ownership

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    06-19-15 09:47 PM
    why are we bringing up a report on their earnings report from 3 months ago?? are you just trolling the internet for negative and outdated news/articles to post?
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-19-15 09:48 PM
    why are we bringing up a report on their earnings report from 3 months ago?? are you just trolling the internet for negative and outdated news/articles to post?
    Lol 3 months? I should move this somewhere else then it's definitely not news.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    06-19-15 09:51 PM
    I love analysts :-D

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 05:42 AM
    In a note Monday, Credit Suisse analysts wrote that they expect BlackBerry to continue to "burn cash."

Mmmhhh, there hasn't been any (real) cash burn in the last report, they actually increased cash and are now sitting on the biggest pile in company history ever... iirc... correct me if I'm wrong.

:-D

(Doesn't matter whether it's and old report or not!)

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    06-20-15 09:37 PM
    I'm sure that with the Credit Suisse comments on Blackberry today, they MUST own a lot of APPLE stock. They appear nervous.
    I dumped a bank account with them years ago due to their attitude.
    Always remember: Not everything you don't like or don't understand is bad.

Reading the facts, hard to believe that it would be CS or APPL stockholders would be the nervous ones

But I agree this is so old, I agree it shouldn't have been reposted. More just around the corner.

hey actually increased cash and are now sitting on the biggest pile in company history ever... iirc... correct me if I'm wrong.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bs?s=BBRY...e+Sheet&annual This goes back to 2013 but the constant downward cash level began in 2011 or earlier.
    06-21-15 07:58 AM
    Nothings going to hurt apple until we see significant spike in sales. Investors are all about the numbers and BlackBerry introducing new android phones may temporarily spike the stock price but we will have to wait til 2016 q1 report when they announce sales.

I remember reading an article where an investor was pointing out that a companies electric bill was too high and reflected the lack of leadership of a ceo. Lol.

Offering BlackBerry doesnt make much of a difference since they are entering a competitive atmosphere with other android manufacturers. And the marketing has to do a good job to convince people why they should go back to a keyboard.

#2 investors are obviously not doing their research with BlackBerry. They probably have little knowledge of bes12 and companies they have aqcuired.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 12:52 PM