My history with Blackberry had started with Blackberry 10 Dev alpha just few moths ago. Before that, I had the impression that BB was for business people and serious texters only. Don't blame me for that, blame the premium price of the devices and show offs in the hollywood movies. So, I was never interested in them.

While going through this forum to get the idea about the user base, I have observed some aggressive behaviors in a lot of comments. In fact, a lot of simple posts are/were turned into warzones. That means, brand loyal, fanboys and fangirls, brand obsessed people.

I am wondering, who has created the smartphone brand loyalty (fan base) first? RIM? or Apple? or any other company?
    04-04-13 01:49 PM
    While going through this forum to get the idea about the user base, I have observed some aggressive behaviors in a lot of comments. In fact, a lot of simple posts are/were turned into warzones. That means, brand loyal, fanboys and fangirls, brand obsessed people.
    You're on a website with "crack" in the title, insinuating that using a BlackBerry is almost like crack. What did you expect to see?
    hpjrt likes this.
    04-04-13 01:52 PM
    I would say this as begin between Apple and Android fans.
    Keep in mind that Android was created in order to compete agains Apple into a growing market, where Android was developping an open environment as opposed to the critisized closed Apple environment.

I do believe that BlackBerry fans jumps into that game later, when all of the above were just ****ting and/or rediculing BlackBerry; well you know them (such a slow device, archaic, ...).
    It apparently begin to be worst when BlackBerry brought up to the market the new Z10, a device that perform so much that could compete with any of the above iPhone and Android.
    04-04-13 02:14 PM
    At first I just wanted something different instead of the Iphone since everyone in my area had it. I definitely became a more aggressive fan after seeing all the bashing from the media and other phone manufacturer.
    04-04-13 02:21 PM
    You'll see it to some extent with all phone OS forums.
    Realistically, it's a phone, is it worth dropping 700-800 dollars or equivalent? Probably not.
    If it wasn't for this fanatacism no one would sell these devices! It's the same deal with tickets for the football.
    morison20 likes this.
    04-04-13 02:25 PM
    I would say this as begin between Apple and Android fans.
    Keep in mind that Android was created in order to compete agains Apple into a growing market, where Android was developping an open environment as opposed to the critisized closed Apple environment.
    IMO, as popular as android base devices may be, android couldn't create a center of fanbase for itself. Mostly because, manufacturers tried to create their own signature products based on it. So, they tried to mix their own bits with the vanilla android. In fact, it appears to me, other than Samsung galaxy series, there is no android product with strong loyal customer base. I think, Samsung Galaxy series has stronger fan base than the rest of the android world.

On the other hand, iphone has loyal customers who will jump to the successive device without thinking. I am wondering since when Blackberry has that kind of loyal fans. Before iPhone era? or recently, since the development of BB10? Or is it Apple who has introduced to this kind of customer base first?
    04-04-13 02:39 PM