While I understand it may be possible to do this on the router, I'm a bit reluctant to tamper in the router. So I was wondering if there is a way to create this on the 9930 itself. I have done it on my Playbook directly and it works fine so I was hoping there is a way to do it on the 9930 and not deal with the router.

I see an older thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=29903

But I'm not sure where on the 9930 to get to the proper screens and what data gets entered there.

The newest Version of Filescout allows access to the bbphone from a desktop browser using ip address, so having a static address would make this process easier.

Any help appreciated.

Found the method: You need to click on Saved Networks. Then you can EDIT them and change to a manual ip address entry mode.
    Last edited by F2; 03-26-12 at 02:08 PM. Reason: additional info
    Trunkton and 2ndHalfCor like this.
    03-26-12 11:20 AM
    THANK YOU!!! I've been pulling my hair out for ages trying to setup my daughters BB9300 with a static IP.
    04-05-12 06:24 PM
    This is a good option, but remember if you do this way, when she goes out to work, school, etc, she has to go to the wifi settings and change it to auto. Depend on the type of router she may and may not have to edit this. But from my point of view it is better to do this from the router than from the phone.

Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900
    04-05-12 10:20 PM
    I don't know if setting the static address "ruins" it or locks it in for OTHER wifi hotspots. I've set it up for the connection for my router and have given it a name. I guess I have not tried using it on other wifi networks since setting it up. It is working quite well with the url-shortcut I've set up for FileScout.

I do know that creating a static ip address for my Playbook does not at all interfere with using it on other wifi networks since that I've done quite regularly - doc office, starbucks, two friends' houses, and one or two other places.

As I note in another thread though, I am having trouble getting its "brother" de-activated 9650/Bold to use wifi. I don't know if it is the router, the 2.4/5GHz, the channel or something else.
    04-05-12 11:55 PM
    THANK YOU!!! I've been pulling my hair out for ages trying to setup my daughters BB9300 with a static IP.
    Glad to be of assistance. They don't make it easy to find some of the settings/options on these things. Whether some folks think it is transparent is another question. The only reason I was able to find it was that info on how to do it on the pb seemed to parallel it and so I kept looking.
    04-05-12 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD