Hello,

Is there a way to create a group of contact list with their emails, numbers etc... on excel and upload it to my address book instead of doing it manually...

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 09:59 AM
    ... Anyone can help me with that?

Thanks!
    03-09-09 06:53 PM
    No, there is no way to create Groups externally and import them with the standard BlackBerry software. I looked at my Address Book Groups using Amber BlackBerry Converter, but even that tool can't break out Address Groups.
    03-09-09 09:43 PM
    Ok thanks!

03-10-09 12:29 AM
    it goes pretty quickly once you get used to it. I helped a guy a few weeks ago to set up a PIN group to notify 60 of his friends that his PIN was changing. He did it in about 15 mins, which isn't too bad.

03-10-09 01:02 AM
    Really? That's not bad at all... I'll work on it today, manually!

Thanks!
    03-10-09 09:22 AM
    Hahah funny I found this post. I am in the process of trying to figure this out. I need to create a PIN contact group with 780 contacts. Thats not going to happen manually! Any suggestions??
    03-18-09 01:29 PM
    Hahah funny I found this post. I am in the process of trying to figure this out. I need to create a PIN contact group with 780 contacts. Thats not going to happen manually! Any suggestions??
    Actually, manually is the only way to get it done. Been working with the group creation a while, and there hasn't been a solution I'm aware of. Good thing is, though, you can add contacts in phases, so you don't have to add em all at once, which might be easier for you.

Make sure you back it up, you don't wanna do it twice!

03-18-09 05:46 PM
    that sucks.. why doesn't someone at blackberry make this possible?
    12-02-09 07:18 AM
    it has to be done manually
    12-02-09 07:22 AM
    This old post just got refreshed. Since it's been 8 months, I'm wondering if you were able to create your very large group. Did you encounter an upper limit on the number of entries in a group?
    12-02-09 09:17 AM
    I just purchased a Blackberry Torch and I am trying to send sms to a group that I had set-up on my Bold 9700 with about 100 contacts. I never had a problem doing this on the Bold, but with my Torch it tells me that I have a limit of 10 receipients that I can send to when I add the group in the "TO" field. Anybody know if there is anyway I can start texting to my group again? Any help would be much appreciated.
    08-24-10 12:17 AM
    i want a cool group to add me on my bbm 2114cab1 please
    12-07-10 01:19 AM
    I don't know if this is answering the question but when you sync your phone to your desktop it adds the contacts in your outlook address book. Perhaps the question was if you had a distribution list within your address book.
    12-07-10 05:46 AM
    Distribution lists in Outlook do not sync with Contacts lists in the BlackBerry Address Book. That would solve the problem if they did.

12-07-10 08:01 AM
    Newbie here just got my 1st BB a bold 9900... In the same vein, I want to add a set of contacts to a group and want to know if its possible to select more than one contact at a time? ie: all the contacts I want to add start with the same letter so I just want to select all of them and add, possible? also is it possible to assign specific ringtones to a group? or can it only be done individually. thanks
    08-23-11 01:50 AM
    You can only add contacts to a group one at a time. I don't know the answer to your ringtones question.
    08-23-11 08:15 AM
    Ok after some experimenting I have done the following.
    1.Select speaker (sounds) from home screen
    2. select "change sounds and alerts"
    3. Select "sounds for contacts"
    4. Select "add contact alert"
    5. add a name for the new contact alert - then go to contacts window and add the contacts you want - then under "contact alert settings" you have "phone and message" select the ringtone and/or msg tone and save. this will be applied to all the contacts you had added.
    08-24-11 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD