So there is was driving a car down the street in full sunlight. Got an itch and scratched my arm. Wow! Was I amazed at how much (probably dead skin) dust came off my arm! The more I scratched, the more I could see it keep coming off floating in the sun light. Well gag me!

Anyway, you all have heard of the suggestion to apply your new screen protector in the bath room after steaming it up with hot water? Let me suggest this is a good idea but perhaps an even better idea would be to jump in the shower your self and especially scrub your face, neck and arms with a wash cloth and soap! Then proceed to install your new screen protector. I even keep my hair slightly damp to hold any particles.

Take this for what it's worth, try scratching your arm yourself in front of a window streaming sun light. When I saw mine it was only two hours after a shower!
    Last edited by mawil1013; 11-02-15 at 05:56 AM.
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    11-01-15 05:23 PM
    i guess it's better to do it dressed up not naked
    Batibreaker likes this.
    11-01-15 05:36 PM
    Actually I'm thinking the op is right. Clothes have lint, take a shirt and shake it in front of a window with a lot of sunlight coming through.

Posted via CB10
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    11-01-15 06:53 PM
    Actually I'm thinking the op is right. Clothes have lint, take a shirt and shake it in front of a window with a lot of sunlight coming through.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, I wasn't trying to funny, I was blown away at the thousands of particles coming off my arm, same thing for clothing too, although I did toss on pj bottoms!
    11-01-15 07:02 PM
    Exactly, I wasn't trying to funny, I was blown away at the thousands of particles coming off my arm, same thing for clothing too, although I did toss on pj bottoms!
    Ok good cuz I was having a rather odd picture in my head. LoL

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 11:45 PM
    Ok good cuz I was having a rather odd picture in my head. LoL

Posted via CB10
    I recently tried the steamy bath procedure with a plastic screen protector and couldn't keep out 'dust', I then tired a Glass screen protector after taking a shower with scrubbing forearms/back of hands/face/head and neck with zero dust, so I'm expecting another skinomi plastic screen protector this week and will do the scrub and steam procedure again! I also use the damp towel that I dried off with to put the phone on while applying s.p. because a dry towel will shed off dust too! This is WAR!
    11-02-15 06:02 AM
    This is awesome, but a little too extreme; lol. I do agree though.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    11-02-15 11:41 AM
    I recently tried the steamy bath procedure with a plastic screen protector and couldn't keep out 'dust', I then tired a Glass screen protector after taking a shower with scrubbing forearms/back of hands/face/head and neck with zero dust, so I'm expecting another skinomi plastic screen protector this week and will do the scrub and steam procedure again! I also use the damp towel that I dried off with to put the phone on while applying s.p. because a dry towel will shed off dust too! This is WAR!
    Lmao...take it to em' bro!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BerryRipe; 11-02-15 at 11:26 PM.
    11-02-15 04:46 PM
    I have no problems, clean the screen and put the screen protector on.

Wouldn't steam up the screen or screen protector, sounds a bit far fetch and to much hassle.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 04:57 PM
    There's a guy on youtube who built a "clean room" to take hard disks apart for just a few bux... :-)

(edit ... out of cardboard, clear plastic, a vacuum cleaner bag and a pair of rubber gloves.

 Priv New (Chendroid) World...? :-| 
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 11-02-15 at 05:10 PM.
    11-02-15 04:59 PM
    Lmao....hey whatever it takes. I hate seeing air bubbles on people's phones especially mine.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 11:28 PM
    Wrap double sided tape around your fingers and and press them over the entire screen several times to pick up any additional dust or lint that wiping it down might leave.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-03-15 06:15 AM

How to Make a Clean Air Enclosure (for HDD repair etc)

I'm actually in the process of pulling this off, already bought the parts, but I'm going thin MDF panels instead of cheap cardboard... :-)

Planned measurements w60 X d45 X h30 cm

It's gonna be awesome. Worth the watch, the dude is quite funny... and the accent (for us down under, is downright hilarious, no offence!)....

:-D

Attachment 378879

Pasted via CB10
    11-04-15 03:24 AM
    This is such a awesome idea OP. I'm going to try it tonight!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 03:41 AM