I have 2 unlocked Blackberry storms from verizon wireless that im using on tmobile. the first one i bought used off of craigslist already unlocked, i ran crackutil and everything went fine, the only thing is i still dont hav eweb browser.

Now the second one i bought brand new and i paid for an unlock code everything works fine, but i dont have the sevice books, so i ran crackutil and it prompted a password just like before and i hit okay without entering anything just as i did with the first time but this time an error message pops up and reads: Password incorrect or phone not connected. please restart program

so im kinda stuck in a rut, i never put a password on my blackberry, if anyone could help that would be awesome
    02-13-09 04:13 PM
    reboot the pc. If you are running Vista be sure to run program as administrator.
    02-13-09 04:20 PM
    Were you ever able to go pass the error mess Password incorrect or phone not connected. I am having the same issue with my unlock Storm
    02-14-09 06:02 PM
    Pltaylor can you help me with my Storm I can't get CrackUtil to work
    02-14-09 06:04 PM
    when installing crack util...instead of directing it to "program files" click browse and direct somewhere else...for me i directed it to the folder browse...after that crack util should not be difficult with the password...hope this helps..
    GTaggie and 03brucea like this.
    02-16-09 10:29 PM
    when installing crack util...instead of directing it to "program files" click browse and direct somewhere else...for me i directed it to the folder browse...after that crack util should not be difficult with the password...hope this helps..
    Great solution! Finally got crackutil to work again.
    Last edited by rockigirl; 03-22-09 at 11:01 PM.
    03-22-09 10:59 PM
    Great solution! Finally got crackutil to work again.
    Just found this fix and glad I did.
    03-27-09 10:11 PM
    well i still cant get past it.
    What do yu mean when you say direct??
    04-25-09 01:42 PM
    In this case, direct mean to navigate to a directory other then Program Files.

If you have not created a password, leave the prompt blank. If you do not know the password, there no way you can make the connection.
    04-25-09 01:55 PM
    I know my password and still can't make the connection - this is v.annoying
    08-05-09 04:42 PM
    I got this same error while setting up my unlocked Storm to Tmobile. If you're using Vista or Win 7 just copy and paste the folder for CrackUtility to your desktop and it should do the trick. The shortcut to the program may not work so just run the Executable file from inside the folder on your desktop. This is what I did for Win 7 but the same should apply to Win Vista.
    09-26-09 02:45 PM
    I had this same problem with the password. I tried changing my password, erasing the password, wiping the phone, all with the same dam result!

Finally, I unplugged the USB cord and plugged it back in. Then restarted the utility and it worked fine.

I had an error message once before on the phone that said the USB port might not have enough power. It took a while for that to dawn on me. The cord I am using did not come with the phone. So I will be buying a new one.

I hope this helps you as well.
    11-07-09 11:30 AM
    SPECIAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR MICROSOFT VISTA USERS

Microsoft Vista is a very secure environment and for good reasons it objects to some of the things that CrackUtil does within the Program Files folder.

Under Microsoft Vista you need to take additional step is needed after installation on all versions.

Right click on the CrackUtil icon and scroll to Properties.

Select Properties and then on the next panel, select Compatability and then click Run this program as an administrator. This only need to be done once right after installation.

Note the check in the Run this program as an administrator box.

This only has to be done once.

This procedure needs to be repeated for the program javaloader.exe which resides in the C:\Program Files\CrackUtil folder with CrackUtil.
    01-09-10 02:03 AM
    This happened to me as well. All i did was install the Balckberry desktop manager, made sure it recognized my phone and tried crackutil again. It asked for my password, i put it in and it worked fine. Hope this helps
    01-09-10 11:54 PM
    i had problems after problems i got the error message saying that i needed to enter a password or that my phone was not connected..

i rebooted and re-downloaded after uninstalling crackutil... i found a video on youtube and the girl says not to run the program as the administrator if you are using vista..

it worked finally! i have been searching for weeks..

hope i helped someone, best wishes and good luck..
    02-01-10 05:55 PM
    where do i get the password from i've never used this phone before or made a password
    06-23-10 11:16 PM
    Thanks ray2229 got it to work right after i did what you said.
    07-02-10 01:11 AM
    where do i get the password from i've never used this phone before or made a password
    It's asking for your device password. This can be ignored if you don't have one.
    07-02-10 01:16 AM
    Here's the full fix for making CrackUtil work again under Windows 7

I run Windows 7 x64 on all my PCs and I found that CrackUtil would not run after installation until I did this

- Install as normal.
    - Open up the root folder of C:\ in Computer
    - Open up a second window pointing to C:\Program FIles x86.
    - Drag (Move) the CrackUtil folder from Program FIles to C:\
    - Open C:\CrackUtil and right click on javaloader.exe.
    - Select Properties and then Compatability.
    - Set to run as administrator
    - Repeat this with CraclkUtil.exe.
    07-02-10 11:32 AM
    Im in CrackUtil and im trying get my blackberry storm to be able to have its brower and MMS but i dnt know my device password....how do i access it?
    07-12-10 12:02 AM
    Im in CrackUtil and im trying get my blackberry storm to be able to have its brower and MMS but i dnt know my device password....how do i access it?
    If you didn't set one, there isn't one. Just leave the field empty in CrackUtil and hit ok.
    07-12-10 12:18 AM
    I'm running windows 7 and did exactly what was instructed above. I've hit a wall by constantly receiving the "Password is incorrect or device is not connected" prompt. I do not have a password on the device (did a factory reset) and the device is connected to the pc and recognized by BB Device manager.

Anyone care to help?
    11-14-10 01:40 PM
    i am having da same prlbm with my unlocked bold 9650
    07-06-12 07:22 PM
    Thank you!! This worked like a charm. I had previously tried making sure javaloader.exe was set to run as administrator, tried Compatibility mode for both it and the CrackUtil.exe and have had no success. This worked, FINALLY.
    12-11-12 04:12 PM
    I installed blackberry desktop software and it worked.
    02-26-16 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD