CRACKMEM IS INFECTED WITH A VIRUS CALLED TROJAN.GENERIC. I AM REMOVING ALL COPIES FROM THOS THREAD. PLEASE IMMEDIATELY DELETE YOUR COPY AND RUN A VIRUS SCAN.

I shall fix the problem and start a new thread. I am sorry for this problem. Thanks to ScandaLeX who found the virus pretty much on her 1,000th post.

NEW THREAD STARTED PLEASE USE: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-50987/

CrackMem 1.4 now released. Please check down the thread for the latest release.

Here is a little program I wrote.

It makes optimizing memory a little easier.

I welcome your comments although there is little I can do to improve the program's look and feel, as it is still really and old DOS batch file. I can add other modules to be removed if asked.

Please only work with one OS at a time since the Put It Back function only knows about the current OS. This means if you are working on OS 4.2.2.194 and you remove files and do not put them back. Now if you begin to work on OS 4.5.0.44 and the first thing you do is a Put It Back, then you will copy 4.2 files into a 4.5 folder. Not good.

I may be able to fix this later but for now, please be careful.

Have fun

Pete

I ACCEPT NO RESPOSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE (HARWARE OR SOFTWARE) THAT MAY OCCUR TO EITHER YOUR PHONE OR YOUR PC IF YOU USE THIS SOFTWARE. YOU USE CRACKMEM.EXE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-12-08 at 08:37 AM.
    07-10-08 11:15 AM
    I read the MaxMem threads and I am so glad you decided
    to make this available. A much better and more thorough
    solution. Good job as always.
    07-10-08 11:20 AM
    thanks Pete!!!
    07-10-08 11:31 AM
    It took me nearly all day to write. It is just a complied batch file. If you want the source, you are welcome but it is quite complex for a batch file.
    07-10-08 11:33 AM
    Thanks Pete!! I knew you would pull throough and go public with these .bats!!

dunununununununu BatMan!
    07-10-08 11:35 AM
    It took me nearly all day to write. It is just a complied batch file. If you want the source, you are welcome but it is quite complex for a batch file.
    Pete, if you could PM me that, that would be great.
    07-10-08 11:39 AM
    Pete, if you could PM me that, that would be great.
    I was going to PM it to a number of people before I let it loose on the wide, wide world but I cannot find a way to attach a file in a PM

This may have to go via a real (wow) email.
    07-10-08 11:46 AM
    Here is a little program I wrote.

It makes optimizing memory a little easier.

I welcome your comments although there is little I can do to improve the program's look and feel, as it is still really and old DOS batch file. I can add other modules to be removed if asked.

Please only work with one OS at a time since the Put It Back function only knows about the current OS. This means if you are working on OS 4.2.2.194 and you remove files and do not put them back. Now if you begin to work on OS 4.5.0.44 and the first thing you do is a Put It Back, then you will copy 4.2 files into a 4.5 folder. Not good.

I may be able to fix this later but for now, please be careful.

Have fun

Pete

I ACCEPT NO RESPOSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE (HARWARE OR SOFTWARE) THAT MAY OCCUR TO EITHER YOUR PHONE OR YOUR PC IF YOU USE THIS SOFTWARE. YOU USE CRACKMEM.EXE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    Making sure I have this right- before changing an OS, use PutBack 1st to essentially put back what was removed. After doing so, now we can change the OS?

I read the MaxMem threads and I am so glad you decided
    to make this available. A much better and more thorough
    solution. Good job as always.
    AG, I am beyond delighted that he did too. I recall you telling and a few other people here telling me that it was best to follow optimization guides. I thought MaxMem would cut out that process. MaxMem offers a false sense of security and hope (you dont run out of room)!

Thank You P!!
    07-10-08 01:26 PM
    Lex: I thought it did too and was about to start
    recommending it until I saw your posts. So really
    you deserve mad credit for bringing it to everyone's
    attention. I mean GOOD LAWD!! can you imagine the
    posts two weeks from now if you hadn't.
    07-10-08 01:54 PM
    The best way is to Put It Back at the end of an installation. This does two things.

- It leaves the OS on the PC in a pristine condition
    - It prevents any file mixing across OSs

What I did was to create a folder called RemovedFiles and I copy all the stuff to be removed into there and then delete it from the source folder.

Put It Back just reverses that process and leaves RemovedFiles empty for the next install.

AG, you have the source so you can see what I did.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-10-08 at 02:33 PM.
    07-10-08 02:18 PM
    AG, you have the source so you can see what I did.
    I do, and all I can say at this point is, WOW!
    07-10-08 02:21 PM
    Here is CrackMem v1.1.

This is now a program that you run and not a bacth file any more.

I have added a menu item to remove the pre-loaded wallpapers.

Here are a couple of screen shots. It ain't pretty but, it works.

The main screen for selecting which OS to work with

Once the OS is selected you can easily remove various modules AND put them back if you wish.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-12-08 at 02:32 AM.
    07-10-08 06:33 PM
    Pete6 - this will be a godsend for me.

I am hosting a memory optimization party where my co-workers who have gone Berry Crazy thanks to me bring their berry's over (at last count 4 Pearls - 2 on Bell, one Telus and one Rogers) and I am optimizing them all. I wasn't looking forward to all the editing, so this program will save me a HUUUUUUUGE headache.
    07-10-08 06:52 PM
    Pete, you may also want to add in the option for TMobile's myFaves UI. You included the ATT PTT, so I thought some TMo love might be nice

Other than that, everything is amazing... I am sure you will be expanding and developing Thanks for the great little tool!!

(Other ideas are : PassWord Keeper, Language Files, etc... just some thoughts!! Nice though!)
    07-10-08 06:56 PM
    Sweet!

What did you use to compile it?
    07-10-08 08:35 PM
    Sweet!

What did you use to compile it?
    I used this little tool that is attached.

If you want the source bat file, please PM me.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-12-08 at 02:33 AM.
    07-11-08 01:44 AM
    Pete, you may also want to add in the option for TMobile's myFaves UI. You included the ATT PTT, so I thought some TMo love might be nice

Other than that, everything is amazing... I am sure you will be expanding and developing Thanks for the great little tool!!

(Other ideas are : PassWord Keeper, Language Files, etc... just some thoughts!! Nice though!)
    I can include MyFaves. I think that the two files are
    net_rim_bb_media_100_five_icon_library.cod
    net_rim_tmo_five.cod

I do not have a T-Mobile phone, mine is at&t, hence I was easily ablte to remove PTT.

I am not going to include stuff lke Language Files and Password Keeper since they can be excluded via Desktop Manager. I only did the BlackBerry Sample Video because it is such a menace to memory.

I'll upload a new version later today.
    07-11-08 01:53 AM
    Attached is CrackMem v1.3

- I made a minor change to the main memu. It now displays OS1_ in place of line1_.
    - At bmcclure937's request I have added the ability to remove T-Mobile's MyFaves.

I have not been able to test MyFaves removal as I do not have a T-Mobile phone so I NEED FEEDBACK please.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-12-08 at 02:34 AM.
    07-11-08 02:06 AM
    Here is CrackMem v1.4

The changes are internal. Now there is a seperate RemovedFiles fr each installed OS.

You should still 'put everything back to normal' before you quit the program or switch OSs
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-12-08 at 02:34 AM.
    07-11-08 06:20 PM
    Attached is CrackMem v1.3

- I made a minor change to the main memu. It now displays OS1_ in place of line1_.
    - At bmcclure937's request I have added the ability to remove T-Mobile's MyFaves.

I have not been able to test MyFaves removal as I do not have a T-Mobile phone so I NEED FEEDBACK please.
    Pete... you detailed the correct files in your post concerning myFaves.

If CrackMem removes the files you detailed, then everything will be fine!!

I would be willing to try this out, but am not loading a new OS any time soon... been busy. I will let you know my next run around!

P.S. Saw you posted version 1.4 and the file size seems significantly different... any reason behind that?
    07-11-08 06:50 PM
    Pete, I dont understand what is happening. Everything opens in a dos window. Mine says choose OS and gives the option of OS1=which is crackmem and OS2=which is removed files.

I dont see anything that looks like your first pic above and when I type in the path to where the OS is it doesnt do anything after that.
    07-11-08 06:53 PM
    Pete, I dont understand what is happening. Everything opens in a dos window. Mine says choose OS and gives the option of OS1=which is crackmem and OS2=which is removed files.

I dont see anything that looks like your first pic above and when I type in the path to where the OS is it doesnt do anything after that.
    That is strange. I can run CrackMem anywhere on my system (C:\, Desktop, etc.) and it works fine. As you can see from the pic, I have 5 OSs installed on my PC to test with.

I made a minor cosmetic change and replaced the word line1_ (which I used for testing) with OS so that the OSs are numbered OS1_, OS2_, etc.

The only thng I can think of, is do you have any OSs installed on you PC? I never tried it with no OSs installed.

If it is not that, then I do not know what it is. I will test further but not tonight as it is 2:20Am here.

Any further info that you can give me will be helpful. I really want this tool to work right for everyone. I am especially puzzled by the crackmem display since the main menu only displays foldernames and CrackMem does not install itself to any folder. It is a single file program.
    07-11-08 07:20 PM
    Pete... you detailed the correct files in your post concerning myFaves.

If CrackMem removes the files you detailed, then everything will be fine!!

I would be willing to try this out, but am not loading a new OS any time soon... been busy. I will let you know my next run around!

P.S. Saw you posted version 1.4 and the file size seems significantly different... any reason behind that?
    I made a mistake. The file inside the 1.4 zip file is the source. I will replace it with the program. If you have the source, then have a look at how it works. Thanks for spotting it.
    07-11-08 07:24 PM
    My OS is on my PC but CM doesnt seem to know that. It does however allow me to select modules and at the top of the dos window it says those modules are removed. But in the RemovedFiles folder, there is nothing.
    07-11-08 07:28 PM
    My OS is on my PC but CM doesnt seem to know that. It does however allow me to select modules and at the top of the dos window it says those modules are removed. But in the RemovedFiles folder, there is nothing.
    Please try downloading v1.4. I have just put it up and I tested the very same exe file before I uploaded.
    07-11-08 07:33 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD