Hi

I downloaded crackmem so I could remove PTT and the wallpapers that came with my AT&T phone and maybe that voice dialing thing but I wanted to know how to use it properly.

I installed it but have not done anything yet. Do I need to have my phone plugged into usb or have desktop manager closed?open?. I read the help file but I dont see what I am looking for. Is there a tutorial for people like me who are clueless with the blackberry. I want to remove the above things since I do no use them, my memory is at 19 currently.

Thanks
    01-16-09 09:52 PM
    Open DM, make sure it sees your device, close. open crackmem (you have to have your os installed to the pc) verify the OS, click what you want gone, exit, open DM again, app loader, next next yadda yadda, it will tell you what its about to remove. Done.
    01-16-09 09:54 PM
    Wow I think you were waiting on Tremortality the ***** with another question

I will give it a shot. Thanks again
    01-16-09 09:55 PM
    LOL Nope, the good thing is with crackmem, you can always put it back, crackmem is user friendly, if you dont do it right, it just wont do it.. crackutil is the one people get trigger happy with LOL.. you'll be fine.. its great, user friendly..
    01-16-09 09:57 PM
    I see what I was doing wrong. I was omitting the final step, the next next yadda yadda part

I will try it and see, wish me luck!

Trem

01-16-09 10:06 PM
    good luck
    01-16-09 10:16 PM
    Well I survived and its not a pretty paperweight. Whew!

Went from 19 to 25k, I guess that is better. Thanks again Rachel you are always helping me out as well as many others...

Trem
    01-16-09 10:20 PM
    No problem
    01-16-09 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD