Hey guys! I was thinking about how great our community is with all our skills and talents and how awesome it would be to have have actual physical hangouts
    to share our ideas, creations and visions for CrackBerry, BlackBerry and the future of technology, while having plenty of fun at the same time!

It could work like various small regional or local meetings that would turn into large-scale international block parties where we can have developer conferences as well kind of paralleling BBs Jam and dev conferences.

I know it's just an idea for now, but I think it would be really awesome if we could make it into reality. Could we do that CB seniors?

What do you guys think?
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    02-20-13 05:05 PM
    I think that is a good idea. I mean car groups do it. Gaming communities do it. Why wouldnt we.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    02-20-13 05:21 PM
    Great post, great idea, and one that I've thought about many times over the years....

Ideas like this are a BIG reason why we brought James Falconer back into full time effort as Community Manager of Mobile Nations - we wanted to have one person who's full focus is the communities (no distractions with news and reviews, etc.). I really want to see us get this kind of stuff going! It takes a lot of time and effort to get ideas like this off the ground, but we can definitely can make it happen. I want to hit up a CrackBerry Jam event this year!

Stay tuned...
    el_excelsior likes this.
    02-20-13 05:39 PM
    I really really really like this idea and it would be great to be able to hang out with more of our kind of people. Exchange bbms and even give me a really big reason to buy a BBMe shirt. Hopefully we can get this to happen sometime. I would love it.
    02-20-13 05:47 PM
    Sounds fun, but we can't preserve our anonymity behind blurry photos and cat avatars in person..!
    02-20-13 06:11 PM
    I like the idea. this kind of thing is always a nice idea though. So were the launch meetups. Everyone wanted to do it and yet from what I understand there was only a small one in Toronto. There certainly isn't a more concentrated area of blackberry fans around here and much didn't happen. I think a good place to start is a specific area/thread for this on the forums and go from there
    02-20-13 09:17 PM
    I really like the idea. It would be great to get a chance to meet other like minded BlackBerry enthusiasts
    02-20-13 09:27 PM
    I mean we could rent out a venue if enough people would like to do so. Not a large one but enough to accommodate the event. Or even just a local hangout.

Again great idea.

As for the cat in the avatar. She is a traveling cat let me tell you. When my wife and i go on road trips the cats are with us. Lol. But she is not a social butterfly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    02-21-13 07:32 AM
    Great post, great idea, and one that I've thought about many times over the years....

Ideas like this are a BIG reason why we brought James Falconer back into full time effort as Community Manager of Mobile Nations - we wanted to have one person who's full focus is the communities (no distractions with news and reviews, etc.). I really want to see us get this kind of stuff going! It takes a lot of time and effort to get ideas like this off the ground, but we can definitely can make it happen. I want to hit up a CrackBerry Jam event this year!

Stay tuned...
    A day like today would have been great since it's our birthday ! I'll probably go out to get a cake this evening

That sounds wonderful !
    02-26-13 03:24 PM
    Somebody (CrackBerry Kevin) could probably open a "MeetUp" group at Meetup.com and organize monthly meet-ups?
    02-26-13 03:26 PM