To my knowledge, there is no Crackberry IRC channel, that's active. I'm going to make one in hopes of enhancing the Crackberry experience. IRC is essentially a chatroom, but a bit more private, honestly it's incredibly hard to explain, so refer to the link below if you want to know more about it.
    Anyway, my goal is to make a friendly community, that not only is a place for users to chat, but a place for people to get real-time support for blackberries, from various users from the Crackberry forums.

A little about IRC: Internet Relay Chat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To connect to IRC, you need to use a client, you can use Mobile Clients, Windows Clients, OSX/Linux Clients, and Web Clients.

~Clients~
    Web Clients: I've put this first for people stingy about either downloading an IRC client to their PC or their phone, this option is the fastest, but not very customizeable, I recommend this option for new IRC users, that want to just click a few things, type a few things, and get into the channel fast.

The network that the channel is on, is called Chatspike, ChatSpike - The Users Network
    Chatspike has a java client, all you have to do is click the link, put your nick in (The name that someone sees when you log in), your real name (Put whatever you'd like here, but keep it short), and the channel(#Crackberry).
    The link for this web client is: ChatSpike - The Users Network

Chatzilla: Chatzilla is a lightweight client that is essentially a FireFox add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/16

Mibbit: Mibbit is a web client for more advanced users that don't feel like downloading anything: Mibbit.com - Easy and fast Webchat

Phone Clients: There's a bit less to choose here, but only because generally phone clients have less frills and are very basic, I recommend jmIRC, it's the only one I really can use right.

jmIRC: http://jmirc.sf.net/jmIrc.jad

virca: http://www.vidarholen.net/contents/virca/Virca.jad

Windows Clients:
    There's literally hundreds of windows IRC clients, one for everything, the two most popular are mIRC, and xChat.

mIRC: mIRC: Download mIRC

xchat: X-Chat 2 for Windows

Refer to this link for more IRC clients: Comparison of Internet Relay Chat clients - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mac/Linux clients:

Xchat: Xchat is a cross-platform IRC client. XChat: Multiplatform Chat Program

~Connect~
    The IRC channel is on the network Chatspike, to connect, the network is irc.chatspike.net, and the channel is #Crackberry, or #crackberry For any additional questions on how to connect, what to use, anything else, just ask.
    Last edited by Carroty; 03-24-09 at 12:28 AM.
    03-22-09 08:21 PM
    Someone made one a while ago. I went in to check it out and there was no one there. Pin me if you get something going.
    03-22-09 08:42 PM
    Ah well, that channel is inactive, I'm going to edit my first post for instructions on how to connect.
    03-22-09 08:58 PM
    Alright, updated it with how to connect, what clients to use, how to get on it, etc etc.
    03-22-09 09:13 PM
    Good luck, hope you fill the channel ......
    03-22-09 09:17 PM
    Good luck, hope you fill the channel ......
    Thanks, I hope it does too, honestly, it would just make things a little easier, faster, etc.

Also, and I know this is a bit of a stretch, but if a mod reads this, could they kindly remove the question mark in the thread title? <3
    03-22-09 09:22 PM
    Bump for.. knowledge?
    03-22-09 11:19 PM
    Bump, its loanly in here just talkin to 1 other person.
    03-22-09 11:44 PM
    Bump, its loanly in here just talkin to 1 other person.
    Agreed, the steps to get in #Crackberry are easy, so please come. D:
    03-22-09 11:47 PM
    Just joined the channel. Looking forward to seeing a lot more CB users in here!
    03-22-09 11:56 PM
    Just joined the channel. Looking forward to seeing a lot more CB users in here!
    Yay! Also, up to 5, hopefully we can get more.
    03-22-09 11:58 PM
    C,

Great idea! I hope this one gets up and running. Maybe Kevin can do a blog on it? Anyways you can edit the title yourself, after you click on edit, click on advanced to access the title area.

I will try to visit and support your chat tomorrow, as I'm in bed now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 11:59 PM
    C,

Great idea! I hope this one gets up and running. Maybe Kevin can do a blog on it? Anyways you can edit the title yourself, after you click on edit, click on advanced to access the title area.

I will try to visit and support your chat tomorrow, as I'm in bed now!

Oh, haha, thank you.
    03-23-09 12:00 AM
    Got a few in here come join the fun!!
    03-23-09 12:35 AM
    Don't be afraid to check out #blackberry on Efnet. The channel OPs are seasoned BlackBerry pro's. But, a word of advice to the inexperienced IRC'er: Be patient! Just because a channel might have 50 "users" in the channel doesn't mean there is even a single person actively watching the channel for visitors. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people enter the chatroom, ask a question and run off if its not answered in 5 minutes! While an IRC channel will never get the number of visitors that websites like this get, the advantage on IRC is the ability to have a running, instanteous dialogue.

Chris

03-23-09 12:53 AM
    Don't be afraid to check out #blackberry on Efnet. The channel OPs are seasoned BlackBerry pro's. But, a word of advice to the inexperienced IRC'er: Be patient! Just because a channel might have 50 "users" in the channel doesn't mean there is even a single person actively watching the channel for visitors. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people enter the chatroom, ask a question and run off if its not answered in 5 minutes! While an IRC channel will never get the number of visitors that websites like this get, the advantage on IRC is the ability to have a running, instanteous dialogue.

Chris

While I don't understand the first bit, you do have a point.
    03-23-09 12:54 AM
    We have BunnyBot also!
    03-23-09 01:01 AM
    If you meant the part about 50 ppl in the room, it just means they are connected but away from their desk, doing something else, etc...

If u were confused by " #blackberry on Efnet" that means on the IRC network called Efnet, there is a chatroom (channel) called #blackberry. (All channel names begin with '#').

Chris

03-23-09 01:05 AM
    If you meant the part about 50 ppl in the room, it just means they are connected but away from their desk, doing something else, etc...

If u were confused by " #blackberry on Efnet" that means on the IRC network called Efnet, there is a chatroom (channel) called #blackberry. (All channel names begin with '#').

Chris

Nope, just the whole advertising efnet( lol :/). I've had a lot of efnet server admin friends, eep. :x Anyways, howdy.
    03-23-09 01:09 AM
    We need more people me and kate are getting loanly
    03-23-09 02:12 AM
    We need more people me and kate are getting loanly
    I totally agree. Although it was really active already.
    03-23-09 02:14 AM
    count me in
    03-23-09 02:57 AM
    Alright, I'm heading to sleep now. If you want to join still you can, and you can stay on too, if you have any questions, post them here, or get into irc, ask your question, and leave your pin,
    03-23-09 04:29 AM
    Funny, i've been doing some thinking on a chatroom that would also work if you were on your blackberry...
    03-23-09 09:15 AM
    I remember mIRC's warez room. You had to go in and type !list and a bot would send you a list of free sites to dl ripped programs. If you typed !list then ran away, without partaking in the chat (leaching) you were banned. Ah those good ole days of sub7 and winders 3.1 and 95.

03-23-09 11:01 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD