PLEASE tell me how the question
    "What is the Best BlackBerry for Media" can ever be answered, get an iPhone?

IF someone where to ask What the best smartphone for media is, then arguably one could say "get an iPhone" if that is in fact the best smartphone for media.
    My fault, I should have been more clear.

If someone asks which BB is better, I will recommend a BB. If a poster in that thread brings up things in that thread about iOS or Android that are wrong as reasons against them though I will correct that misinformation. If the thread is what DEVICE I should get for such and such a purpose and the poster is asking about cross platforms, too often if one says not a BB they are jumped on as a troll.

And no one can deny that threads asking "should I get a 9930 or a iPhone 4s/ Galaxy SGS2/insert non BB here" get asked every single day here.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    11-03-11 07:35 AM
    I'm confused. What forums have paid moderators? Lol.

They choose to leave them. Its not a site praising RIM.

I however, wish there was a specific area for people giving "constructive" criticism.

The PB Help forum is filled with "PB SUCKS" threads.

I liked the Old days where I could click today's posts and see like 5 that I could answer on the same page.

TPosted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    there are peanut butter sucks threads on here?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 07:39 AM
    My fault, I should have been more clear.

If someone asks which BB is better, I will recommend a BB. If a poster in that thread brings up things in that thread about iOS or Android that are wrong as reasons against them though I will correct that misinformation. If the thread is what DEVICE I should get for such and such a purpose and the poster is asking about cross platforms, too often if one says not a BB they are jumped on as a troll.

And no one can deny that threads asking "should I get a 9930 or a iPhone 4s/ Galaxy SGS2/insert non BB here" get asked every single day here.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    That is FAIR
    I have been known to recommend NON BlackBerry's to users on this site, and if you review my post on the first page of the "cleaning up crackberry" sticky you will see that I very much support the ability and freedom to do so when the question warrants it.

What Belfast said, and then KevinN replied to, warranted this clarification, as terminology of the question should very much dictate the Answer given, or further questions asked.
    11-03-11 07:57 AM
    there are peanut butter sucks threads on here?

Nutella is better! Nutella Canada - Home Page
    11-03-11 07:59 AM
    I no longer use a BlackBerry device, but I come to Crackberry for the people and the discussions. I do like civilized debates from people who know what they are talking about, not people who have never used an iPhone or an Android and don't know what they are talking about.

I find quite the opposite is happening, however. I find most of the time certain BB users are bashing Apple and Android and they've never even picked one up or owned one. And while I'm perfectly aware this is a BlackBerry-oriented website, I don't like to see people spread misinformation about any device. If I saw an Apple user on TiPb talking crap about BB that wasn't true, I'd defend BB too. It goes both ways.

I have never bashed RIM or BlackBerry. I still like BlackBerry and wish them success.

I've owned two BlackBerries and reserve every right to still visit the website. I am spending more time on TiPb these days, but CrackBerry is a very active forum and still very enjoyable for me to visit.
    11-03-11 08:17 AM
    I no longer use a BlackBerry device, but I come to Crackberry for the people and the discussions. I do like civilized debates from people who know what they are talking about, not people who have never used an iPhone or an Android and don't know what they are talking about.

I find quite the opposite is happening, however. I find most of the time certain BB users are bashing Apple and Android and they've never even picked one up or owned one. And while I'm perfectly aware this is a BlackBerry-oriented website, I don't like to see people spread misinformation about any device. If I saw an Apple user on TiPb talking crap about BB that wasn't true, I'd defend BB too. It goes both ways.

I have never bashed RIM or BlackBerry. I still like BlackBerry and wish them success.

I've owned two BlackBerries and reserve every right to still visit the website. I am spending more time on TiPb these days, but CrackBerry is a very active forum and still very enjoyable for me to visit.

You are one of the more pleasant iphone owners to have a debate with others, not so much.
    11-03-11 08:29 AM
    There are clearly some trolls, but by and large I would say it�s just reflective of peoples increasing frustration with RIM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-03-11 08:52 AM
    There are clearly some trolls, but by and large I would say it�s just reflective of peoples increasing frustration with RIM.
    Those I feel are Trolls go on ignore,
    Makes it easier to enjoy the forum
    There is a difference between trolling and bringing down the morale of the forum

EDIT
    Missed an E! Of all times to have a typo

Last edited by deRusett; 11-03-11 at 09:10 AM.
    11-03-11 08:57 AM
    Why should any person that is no longer a RIM customer be frustrated with them?
    11-03-11 08:57 AM
    RIM investor
    Mobile Phone enthusiast
    Canadian Pensioner
    Former BlackBerry owner wishing to return to BlackBerry Sans on missing feature

I got very Frustrated with ATI's moves even though I was an nVidia user, though I vented that frustration on a nVidia forum and a computer builders forum never on the ATI forum

11-03-11 09:02 AM
    After the outage there were Tweets left right and centre exclaiming "I'm moving to the Iphone." and condemning RIM immediately. I've only been a BlackBerry user for three years, and in those three years I've had nothing but reliable and fundamentally functional service.
    Just like in retail when people say "I wont shop here again" and they come back etc etc, people have very short term memories. Thats why our phones have calenders right?
    Chrisy and howarmat like this.
    11-03-11 09:06 AM
    There is a difference between trolling and bringing down the moral of the forum
    Did you really mean moral or morale? Heck of a difference .
    11-03-11 09:06 AM
    Did you really mean moral or morale? Heck of a difference .
    Probably both, people with questionable morals can bring down the morale of the entire crackberry.

11-03-11 09:09 AM
    Lol I wish I could claim it was both
    Just a poor typo

11-03-11 09:11 AM
    What is the difference between fandom of a Sports team and fandom of a technology??

you are free to learn all there is to learn about either from multiple areas' why convert the best fan site into a catch all site?
    That's really not my aim. I like Crackberry for Crackberry. I am a member of a few Android sites. I'm now beginning to think I'm in the minority here, but I'm NOT here to troll or convert people to Android. I'm here because I'm honestly interested in what RIM comes out with in the future, and thanks to a wonderful CB member I also have a 9700 on a second line. The only time you'll hear me talk about Android on CB (outside the designated Android forum) is when I see someone quoting misinformation about the platform. I gave this example in another thread, but it works here too:

Say that you have been an Android enthusiast since it's inception, and a member of androidcentral for years. You've made many friends there and like the discussions and idea sharing. Recently, however, you've become impressed with the BlackBerry 9900. You decide to get one of those as your daily driver, but still go to androidforums quite a bit to keep tabs on where the android platform is heading, talk to your old friends, etc. While on androidforums, you see people bashing BlackBerry. They're spreading things about the BlackBerry platform that are completely false, or maybe had been true at one time but are not the case in your experience with OS7. How would that make you feel?

Again, I'm not denying there are actual trolls on this site bashing RIM for no reason. In the forums I go, I don't really see this. Then again, I'm rarely on the PB forum because I don't own one and I get the impression that this is where a lot of trolls reside.

I'm still sticking by my notion that it's really not productive to bash any platform because advances in one will surely lead to advances and competition in another .

ETA: I posted this before reading moiselles' post. That PERFECTLY sums up how I feel.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 11-03-11 at 09:37 AM.
    11-03-11 09:34 AM
    That's really not my aim. I like Crackberry for Crackberry. I am a member of a few Android sites. I'm now beginning to think I'm in the minority here, but I'm NOT here to troll or convert people to Android. I'm here because I'm honestly interested in what RIM comes out with in the future, and thanks to a wonderful CB member I also have a 9700 on a second line. The only time you'll hear me talk about Android on CB (outside the designated Android forum) is when I see someone quoting misinformation about the platform. I gave this example in another thread, but it works here too:

Say that you have been an Android enthusiast since it's inception, and a member of androidcentral for years. You've made many friends there and like the discussions and idea sharing. Recently, however, you've become impressed with the BlackBerry 9900. You decide to get one of those as your daily driver, but still go to androidforums quite a bit to keep tabs on where the android platform is heading, talk to your old friends, etc. While on androidforums, you see people bashing BlackBerry. They're spreading things about the BlackBerry platform that are completely false, or maybe had been true at one time but are not the case in your experience with OS7. How would that make you feel?

Again, I'm not denying there are actual trolls on this site bashing RIM for no reason. In the forums I go, I don't really see this. Then again, I'm rarely on the PB forum because I don't own one and I get the impression that this is where a lot of trolls reside.

I'm still sticking by my notion that it's really not productive to bash any platform because advances in one will surely lead to advances and competition in another .

ETA: I posted this before reading moiselles' post. That PERFECTLY sums up how I feel.
    Well if you do have a 9700 that makes you a blackberry user even if you're not a primary blackberry user
    Feel free to add my pin if you wish

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-03-11 09:45 AM
    Because some of us are still waiting for something to bring us back I have waited for a competent RIM touchscreen since '08/'09 when the S3 rumours were in full swing..and am still awaiting their QNX device to see if it lives up to the hype. If they can deliver me a product to meet my needs..i'll be back.
    howarmat and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-03-11 09:49 AM
    Because some of us are still waiting for something to bring us back I have waited for a competent RIM touchscreen since '08/'09 when the S3 rumours were in full swing..and am still awaiting their QNX device to see if it lives up to the hype. If they can deliver me a product to meet my needs..i'll be back.
    So again, why should you be frustrated with Rim for not having a product that fits your needs?

I'm waiting for an affordable Ferrari, should I be frustrated?

11-03-11 09:51 AM
    So again, why should you be frustrated with Rim for not having a product that fits your needs?

I'm waiting for an affordable Ferrari, should I be frustrated?

I guess if Ferrari kept promising to make an affordable version, and you kept anxiously waiting for it..then I suppose you would get frustrated.
    11-03-11 09:56 AM
    Well if you do have a 9700 that makes you a blackberry user even if you're not a primary blackberry user
    Feel free to add my pin if you wish

I will when I get home .
    11-03-11 09:58 AM
    I guess if Ferrari kept promising to make an affordable version, and you kept anxiously waiting for it..then I suppose you would get frustrated.
    Is the device you own now that bad that you're anxiously waiting for a better one from RIM?

11-03-11 10:05 AM
    it would make sense that haters here are shorting the stock and using this forum to detract people from getting a blackberry
    11-03-11 10:08 AM
    I will when I get home .
    Wait, what? You left it at home? I take it back lol, only joking

11-03-11 10:08 AM
    Is the device you own now that bad that you're anxiously waiting for a better one from RIM?

Hardly. But I do like new technology, and I like innovation. Both of which the "new" QNX platform is supposed to bring (remember.."leaps and bounds"?). But i've been waiting since '08/'09 for something new from RIM.

I'm not sure what's so hard for you to understand about this? Former users can still be waiting for something better from RIM..just as current users are. It doesn't have to be an "all or nothing" mentality.

EDIT: And i'm also anxious to see what the new Windows platform has to offer, as well as what the i5 may or may not offer. New technology is exciting to me. Call me a nerd I guess
    Last edited by Rickroller; 11-03-11 at 10:16 AM.
    11-03-11 10:12 AM
    it would make sense that haters here are shorting the stock and using this forum to detract people from getting a blackberry
    Thanks Sherlock..you cracked the case! Crackberry and it's users are the sole reason for RIM's success or failures.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-03-11 10:14 AM
181 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD