I stay round because I still learn, still try to help, and might return to BB one day. Staying on here keeps me up to date on the platform and technology. I try not to bash or be a fanboy. I have to say that it goes both ways. The bashing is from BB lovers as well, although not generally as much.

Alternative viewpoints and learning about alternatives is always good, but many people have to defend their choice, BB or other. I hope RIM reads this site, compares what is said and uses it to shape improvements. Other platforms options and information can only be good if stated in the right way. People just often don't state things objectively and make them personal a lot, including BB fans.

I would suggest a possible reason a lot of negativity or challenges have grown at CrackBerry is because in 2007/8 BB had no real competition and we all used the BB platform as the only real choice. Now competition is fierce and the site is full of mixed fanboys and normal uses alike. Not a solution but maybe one of the causes.
    11-02-11 06:27 PM
    A perfrect demonstration of passive aggressive negativity, well done!

Just look at what an ugly, unhelpful post you have written. I would prefer it if you left the forum or brightened up your act. You have blind faith for your beloved iPhone but trash talk all things BB, such a hypocrite. You have the blinkers on if you think there is only one phone out there for everybody.

Putting you on ignore wouldn't do enough - unless of course we all put you on ignore...
    Agreed. My playbook allows me more mobility and flexibility with many of the tasks my work requires and that works for me. But that isn't the point. The post lost value through tone.
    Laura Knotek and Fatoomah like this.
    11-02-11 06:31 PM
    The management of this website could take care of the colossal negativity on this website if they wanted to, but they don't want to or are too cheap to hire more moderators. The current moderators here are already overworked.

As great of a resource for information as Crackberry is, It's hard to call it "An Enthusiasts Community of Blackberry Lovers" at times because of all the RIM basing that goes on here. But it really is all in the website management's hands. They may be perfectly happy with the status quo.
    First of all just to let you know... Moderators on this forum and more than liokely any sister site linked to the noew Mobile Nation are not paid and are volunters that do what they do for the love of BB just the same as you and me and everyone else. Make sure you understand this forst and foremaost ok.
    Kevin and anyone closely involved with him can do anything they want but try and police a site like this where posters refuse to use the search function to avoid duplications and do not read posting etiquette or how and where to post so the mods are not chasing and moving posts to where they belong.

Just thought I would claify your post ok. It is a hard and thankless job and I think they do a damn good job at what they do.
    11-02-11 06:34 PM
    Is it me or is the Crackberry forum becoming a Blackberry bashing site for all the Blackberry Haters out there. It seem like every Forum and every story comments there are some haters trash talking negatively about Blackberrys . It is pretty sad that these people are so caught up or brain washed that this is what they spend there time doing. It's a cell phone company people, like really, come on get a life . I thought Crackberry was a site for people with Blackberrys to come, enjoy, get tips and help with their products . Or is it a site to hate on Blackberrys?
    It is everything so say it is and more except for your comment about being a cell phone company. Having said that if more people coming here would do 2 things before they post and as soon as they join and that would be how to post and posting etiquette and where and how to post and the most important of all... Learn how to use the search portion of this forum before you place a post and it will cut down on duplication that the mods that do this for free and volunteer what they do will not have to chase all over moving posts to the right place or deleting inapropriate posts that belong here period.
    11-02-11 06:39 PM
    So you think it's ok to recommend a non blackberry device to people asking for help on a blackberry forum? I find that insulting.

What's blackberry is best for media? - Get an iphone
    What blackberry works best with gmail? - Get an android

I see this all the time, it is not cool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So, if it were true you'd want those people lied to?
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-02-11 06:39 PM
    And according to Jake..

Underpaid. lol

Our mods offer their time, they're not paid which alone speaks volumes to their commitment.
    This clarrification was needed and I just posted a pretty long post addressing this very statement so people will understand what mods have to go through as well as the principals of this forum and the rest of the now new Mobile Nation. Thank you Bla1ze.
    11-02-11 06:43 PM
    If you look back through the history of CrackBerry -- all this hate started from the BlackBerry Storm forums and moved on from there. Now, these days -- some people have issues with acting decent and with civility. Instead, they'd rather argue about who's OS is better and stoop to low level personal acts as if it will accomplish anything and prove something.

It's fine if you want to call out the moderation team for not doing enough.. we have big shoulders. But the reality is, the mods on this site never stop working to make it better -- we're constantly banning useless members, cleaning up spam and those that often cry the loudest about us doing nothing -- are the ones who themselves do nothing to help the situation.

Time and time again. I've read "MODS DO SOMETHING -- THIS IS INSANE" check my email, not a single reported post from that person. Check their history of posts -- ya, the reason why they've not reported any posts is because they themselves have helped create the chaos.

It's pretty simple. Act civil. Treat people with respect. Follow the rules. Ignore the things you don't like or disagree with and move on.

Truth is -- we hate banning people around here. Everyone should be able to speak their minds, and no doubt we give people too much forgiveness on occasion for stuff they've said or done but we've never been hardcore on banning people. We could rule this place with an Iron fist and people would complain about that as well and it really wouldn't solve anything either. Key is to find the balance for all of our users.

Have we found it? No. Will we? I hope so. But until people realize to not feed into other peoples hate on here it's not really going to change much no matter how many people you add to the moderation team. We could 100 mods, still not going to change the flow of people who come through here intentionally to disrupt others. Until then, we'll keep weeding them out, be it behind the scenes or on the front lines.
    To put this comment plain and simple.... This rebuttle and explanation by Bla1ze was very well put, to the point and not off topic...lol .

If everyone will read what he just said and then reread it again just to make sure it sinks in, It will be a good strat to refreshing in our memories the rules and regs of the forum.

I always thought that when you join and sign up there should be an agree or disagree button like software installs and once you hit agree and you have signed up, the first place it takes you is to "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING ON OUR OR YOUR FORUM" AND THEN YOU ARE FREE TO ABIDE BY THE RULES. Great job Bla1ze.
    11-02-11 06:52 PM
    That too! I'm glad there are members here that are familiar with multiple platforms. They give good comparisons.

Though I can't imagine using more than one device at a time!

I view the trash talking as venting. Once they get it out, they'll chill out. I was very frustrated at RIM, and my Tour, at one point too. I was stuck with it essentially too, since I can't afford to buy out of contract. So, I understand venting.

Constant trashing is just weird though.
    I also agree with your statements Chrisy but we all know that as long as forums exist it is easier for the haters to go to a place lice CB to stir the pot, They just get fueled by others defending what they are saying and that is what they get off on, It is a shame they have nothing else to do.
    I'm not a former anything -- I'm an active user on all platforms.

I just don't understand why people who hate BB come to a BB forum to talk trash. If you want to talk trash, you might as well stick with the people who agree with you, lol. Seems more enjoyable that way.. beats arguing IMO. But then again, my mother always told me I was a little strange.
    Bla1ze as I mentioned quoting Chrisy it is just easy for these people to get some sick gratification in what they do by throwing up the posts they do to do nothing more then to get a reaction and as much as i hate to say it, there are people who will sign up here that are already members but use another use name just to stir things up. I don't understand it either but I am not afraid to use the ignore button or report anyone who goes out of bounds and ask the mods to delete the comments.
    11-02-11 07:03 PM
    I'll admit, I've brought my fair share of negativity to the site, but I'm trying to do better. I'm still critical of RIM, as I'm critical of many companies but I just need to word in in a more constructive way.

Basically, I'm a former BB user, but I stay here because I still have an undeniable passion for BBs and despite some of the things I say I would very much like RIM to survive.

My 2 cents.
    11-02-11 07:12 PM
    I'll admit, I've brought my fair share of negativity to the site, but I'm trying to do better. I'm still critical of RIM, as I'm critical of many companies but I just need to word in in a more constructive way.

Basically, I'm a former BB user, but I stay here because I still have an undeniable passion for BBs and despite some of the things I say I would very much like RIM to survive.

My 2 cents.
    I understand your sincerity and believe your words.

And yet, when I read the last part the **** in me says I think you just had the end of an "Ike Turner moment" - Remorse with false promises.

"RIM you no good, always late, under performing, lying, worthless piece of $%^@ !"
    *WHACK*
    "Oh baby, I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean it like that, I don't know what came over me, I just got angry that's all, I never want to hurt you, you know that right? I won't hurt you like that again. I promise"

Funny when SNL did it, not so funny when I see it now.

I'm afraid none of us alone can say or ensure whether RIM survives. But collectively we do have an impact, albeit a small one. And we can now see how our "wishes", in the tone of our collective posts, have had it intended effect. We should all take some pride in contributing to that.

A company valued lower then their book value. Little to no chance of getting a non-biased, if even a positive, review about anything they do even if they release a QNX phone. Constant misinformation spread and leaked to dash any hype and lower expectations. And a consumer reputation that generally in the toilet.

Feeling proud...

At least with things as they are, they can only go up. With the stock so low it would be a bargain for a takeover of RIM and it's hardware/patents.
    I feel guilty even admitting that.

I guess I have some Ike in me too...
    Jake Storm and luna9698 like this.
    11-03-11 12:09 AM
    Crackberry is a land of trolls and I dont understand why they are here/ Their motivation must be either
    1) they have no life
    2) they are being paid to be here

Seriously, if you hate RIM so much get lost and let the people who are interested come here and learn about it and share tips/experiences.

But the haters wont go away, thats just do what they do, they hate!
    They will continue to say 'but RIM stock is down!' or 'RIM user share is down in the US' or 'other companies are selling more units' as if those are reasons to not buy blackberry
    11-03-11 12:58 AM
    So if what's true? You missed it completely, people ask what BLACKBERRY would be best for them and they're recommended something else. I might want the best BB for typing or the best BB for watching videos, but it's a BB I want for many other reasons, BBM for example.

Jake Storm and luna9698 like this.
    11-03-11 02:36 AM
    So if what's true? You missed it completely, people ask what BLACKBERRY would be best for them and they're recommended something else.
    Agreed, some people choose to read things to suit them I guess.

I look at the positive aspects of what I have bought and know there are things I COULD be whinging about, but I choose to accept I have a decent phone that is reliable and has excellent call quality - because thats what a phone should do first and foremost.
    Look at the recent ios update which has shat on peoples' battery life on their iphones. Where are all those BB haters now?
    11-03-11 03:04 AM
    A slight nuance is important...

If a person asks what BB is best for xxxxxxx, why direct that person elsewhere?

If a person asks what device is best for media, point that person elsewhere.

If a person asks what device is best for complete control, point that person elsewhere.

I've experienced it myself. Walking into a Verizon store ready to get my 9930 and directed to Android. After walking past the whole iPhone front lines....reps with iPads in hand directing traffic...

And I'm not so sure the negativity here is always from former BB users who supposedly want the platform to do better. A look through the most negative posters would show a plethora of one liners and zings against BB. Nothing but one liner zings. They post negativity out of some perverse joy and satisfaction at talking smack about the platform the site is about. Like they know better than those of us foolish downtrodden fools who love our BB.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 11-03-11 at 03:58 AM.
    11-03-11 03:55 AM
    I cant say the volume of haters on here is very high. If you want to see abuse towards Blackberry check out the Official Blackberry and Uk Blackberry facebook pages. Now thats what i'd call non-constructive abuse
    11-03-11 04:15 AM
    I cant say the volume of haters on here is very high. If you want to see abuse towards Blackberry check out the Official Blackberry and Uk Blackberry facebook pages. Now thats what i'd call non-constructive abuse
    Yes, some incredibly ignorant and downright stupid people post there every day, at least the hate has died down now and has been replaced by "add my pin" requests lol

11-03-11 04:26 AM
    The management of this website could take care of the colossal negativity on this website if they wanted to, but they don't want to or are too cheap to hire more moderators. The current moderators here are already overworked.

As great of a resource for information as Crackberry is, It's hard to call it "An Enthusiasts Community of Blackberry Lovers" at times because of all the RIM basing that goes on here. But it really is all in the website management's hands. They may be perfectly happy with the status quo.
    With a couple of exceptions, CrackBerry moderators are not paid. There is a limit to the number of mods you can manage on a site too. If yo have too many, then there is a risk of losing control of how the mods behave. This is made worse by the fact that CrackBerry is now truly global and there are mods in Europe as well as in North America. Mods have their own opinions too and at times these must be somewhat suppressed when moderating. Mods also have bad days in their own lives too and that needs careful handling too.

It is clear that the site management could supress any number of threads. The proof of this is shown in the way the mods always remove spam quickly. The same is not done to stifle people's opinions. Even if these are negative and bash RIM. Try that in some Apple forums!

Abusive or outright inflamatory posts and threads are er, moderated too.

I think that CrackBerry has it about right.

Quite frankly I preferred the site when it was purely BlackBerry and we were all one happy family. However the world has moved on and it is now neccessary to have the mix of Android, Apple and WP7 forums here.

Regardless of my own opinions, CrackBerry is still the world's best smartphone forum by a mile (and 1.61Km).
    11-03-11 04:27 AM
    With a couple of exceptions, CrackBerry moderators are not paid. There is a limit to the number of mods you can manage on a site too. If yo have too many, then there is a risk of losing control of how the mods behave. This is made worse by the fact that CrackBerry is now truly global and there are mods in Europe as well as in North America. Mods have their own opinions too and at times these must be somewhat suppressed when moderating. Mods also have bad days in their own lives too and that needs careful handling too.

It is clear that the site management could supress any number of threads. The proof of this is shown in the way the mods always remove spam quickly. The same is not done to stifle people's opinions. Even if these are negative and bash RIM. Try that in some Apple forums!

Abusive or outright inflamatory posts and threads are er, moderated too.

I think that CrackBerry has it about right.

Quite frankly I preferred the site when it was purely BlackBerry and we were all one happy family. However the world has moved on and it is now neccessary to have the mix of Android, Apple and WP7 forums here.

Regardless of my own opinions, CrackBerry is still the world's best smartphone forum by a mile (and 1.61Km).
    True you have to keep the exception that these mods are working for free. Whenever I develop a theme on request, I offer a free service and a paid service. Obviously in the paid service I do better work. At least the mods do service in time which people rather go to the movies in.....

11-03-11 05:03 AM
    But in THIS case, the case about mobile technology, what's the point in bashing another platform/users of that platform? I'm all for the other platforms innovating and coming up with awesome features because that means that every other platform will then have to top that and come up with their own selling points. Just because I use an Android device now doesn't mean that a kick-**** QNX/BBX device, iPhone, etc won't sway me toward that platform on down the line . Innovation is a GOOD THING, and we should be celebrating what a certain platform does well, because that can only bode well for us consumers in the long run.
    What is the difference between fandom of a Sports team and fandom of a technology??

you are free to learn all there is to learn about either from multiple areas' why convert the best fan site into a catch all site?
    11-03-11 06:28 AM
    You are so wrong.

Clearly BOTH Edmonton and Calgary are flaming losers. The Leafs are the fungus growing on the bottom of the flaming losers.

Of course, I'm a Sens fan.
    I am proud you admit that in open public,

Thats like admitting you like eating dog excrement,
    I certainly couldn't call myself a man being a Sens fan, but all the power to ya!
    11-03-11 06:30 AM
    I would say some of the "haters", as you call them, are like me. I once loved my BB. I want(ed) RIM to succeed (I say "wanted" because I believe they are about done). I complain because they can (could have) do(ne) so much better.

As a consumer of a product you have the right to complain, especially if you have given so much money to RIM over the years as my company and I have. It saddens me they are failing. I was first in line to get a Playbook, first to get many of their phones, been using BB phones for 8 or so years now I would guess. Used to be a huge fan. The Playbook was a miserable flop. I returned it after troubleshooting it for many many hours. What a half-baked garbage piece of equipment. My iPad is flawless right out of the box.

I think some of the "haters" are just truly frustrated. How many years have we been doing battery pulls? Why can't BB Maps work right? Why can't I have a front facing camera or a decent camera for that matter? It is all garbage. There are so many ways to improve the device. iPhone has beat them though. They are the king.

The good thing is that when people visit here and are considering a Blackberry they see the problems with the device ahead of time. People complain when they are pissed off and usually don't comment when they are happy. It is good to alert people to the potential negatives of BB before they buy.

To finish, I can honestly say I believe RIM is done. The iPhone 4S cannot be matched and QNX is too little too late. I also, for the first time, would not recommend someone getting a BB phone. A friend of mine asked me about my BB 9780 recently and I told him to get an iPhone. He did and he loves it. I am glad I didn't tell him to get a BB because he would likely be on here complaining with the rest of us.
    And you are still here why?

Their is an iPhone Forum, and if you truly think all things that can be invented for the mobile industry have been and are encapsulated in glass and steel inside the iPhone 4S, you live in a wonderful world
    11-03-11 06:33 AM

PLEASE tell me how the question
    "What is the Best BlackBerry for Media" can ever be answered, get an iPhone?

IF someone where to ask What the best smartphone for media is, then arguably one could say "get an iPhone" if that is in fact the best smartphone for media.
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    11-03-11 06:36 AM
    The irony is that a good portion of the "haters" are actually former Blackberry fanatics. I am not a Blackberry hater, but I recently abandoned Blackberry because of sheer disappointment over their execution (or lack of).

I think this is just showing how much of a bad situation RIM is right now. Most of the "hate" posts, if you read carefully, are actually correct and some are actual facts.

It's sad to see it right on a Blackberry forum, but no one can argue that RIM is quite behind the times. Much of it is because of bad execution and lack of integrity for the CEOs.

I commend the moderators though, for respecting freedom of speech and choice. :-)
    I'm sorry when I review your post history for the first page of posts, you've pretty much only posted negitively about BlackBerry,

You've Started 2 threads very recently purely as negativity threads, you're free to do so, but don't think you're some benevolent poster with good intentions, you come to a fan site still but not as a fan, but to cause arguments with fans
    11-03-11 06:43 AM
    I had similar conversations at work today. For stating that I prefer Blackberry over an iphone and Windows over a Mac system, I was instantly called a Mac hater, even though I did not say as much.
    I told my colleague I prefer Windows for its freedom of doing what I like with it, and I praise Apple for creating an easy to use (for simpletons imo) and niche market (multimedia editing), and was shot down pretty quick as a Mac hater.
    You get it both ways I guess, but if its constructive then I am fine with being labelled - I don't call Mac users "Windows haters".
    11-03-11 07:04 AM
    I just find some users quite fickle. After the outage there were Tweets left right and centre exclaiming "I'm moving to the Iphone." and condemning RIM immediately. I've only been a BlackBerry user for three years, and in those three years I've had nothing but reliable and fundamentally functional service. Lazaridis was nice enough to address all of us and apologize. I've never seen an open apology from any other manufacturer for certain flaws that have taken technology news by storm.
    11-03-11 07:15 AM
181 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD