As it stands now, CrackBerry is not a welcoming place for BB fans. Especially new BB owners, and visitors who cannot see past all the hating and bashing.
    It shouldn't be that way.
    AZ87 and Jake2826 like this.
    11-02-11 12:29 AM
    Honestly, I do not see CB as a BB fan site any longer. There are more people who havent touched a BB spending ridiculous amounts of time writing crap as though they are so insecure about whatever instrument they own.
    What I wanted to say put couldn't articulate so well. I agree.

If people want to disparage another platform, they should do so on their own platform's site. To do it on the very platform that they are slagging off, amongst fans of that platform, is just not good sport.

That's not to say we shouldn't be able to vent our frustrations, but yes, for sure there are folks on here just as the chap in the quote describes.

Perhaps it has all got too big and the days of a BB forum have now passed. CB has to monitise this site, for if they didn't we'd have nowhere to post and discuss! I have no objection with a moderation stance that allows the site to be more profitable, but could it be achieved with a more BB bias?
    Jake Storm and Jake2826 like this.
    11-02-11 12:39 AM
    A lot of people have both iphone and blackberry or android and blackberry. Gotta remember it's just not blackberry users on here... You got a whole iphone and android forum at the bottom of the forum home page and plus crackberry is the #1 forum site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-02-11 12:49 AM
    Well.. usually.

Sometimes.
    IDK NVM.
    I second that... I think, maybe...
    bunky1971 likes this.
    11-02-11 12:54 AM
    If you've "abandoned" BB why are you still here? This is an admitted BB enthusiasts site? If you no longer fit that description, just move on.

---> i've got to admit that i visit the forum to read about what is happening and i'm quite interested to see how RIM's failures will develop- to either an improvement or how it will worsen. also, i'd like to do some due diligence by sharing what is outside the BB world to help others see that there are in fact, better options.

The problem is that there's a way to let people know what does and doesn't work, share your experiences, or address product limitations, without having it become a "RIM is dead" bash. But this only works if it's coming from BB users who are interested in the success of the platform. When former users come here (insecurity?) to share their views and decision making process (looking for validation?), the thread/post inevitably takes on a negative tone and the battle begins.

----> i agree. i think this is caused by the strong brand loyalty that blackberry fans still have. if you think about it, a person makes a choice and will do anything to stand behind their choice, even if it is clear that their choice is not on par with the competition. i know, because i was like this. i was a proud blackberry evangelist and while everyone else was enjoying the comforts and technology of iOS5 and android, i was stuck. but i didnt want to abandon ship because i wanted to stand by my choice.

ultimately, once you truly open your mind to what's out there, accepting the reality that RIM's products are not exactly on par with what's out there, becomes clearer.

and it's easy for blackberry fans to react negatively out of that strong brand loyalty, or sometimes, pride.

Unfortunately, it's the American way. Our society loves negativity. And in many cases, can only feel better about themselves by putting others down. Sigh.
    that's sad. i wish the former blackberry fans can be more objective when illustrating their points. i have to admit that i've seen many hateful comments that are unnecessary and just spawns hate.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    11-02-11 01:46 AM
    Some of these "former" blackberry owners are the most active people on this forum though, that is not right. They also base their opinions on the last BB they had, some the 9000 or even older. If they're not bashing BB they are vehemently defending other platforms at the slightest sign of negativity towards them. It's as if they have alarm bells ringing every time something negative is said.
    11-02-11 02:02 AM
    I say to each their own but there's something known as common sense and common courtesy. There's a difference between giving your opinion and talking sh*t. Unfortunately, some people don't know the difference. As for the mods, I think they do a good job. You know how big of a site CrackBerry is? How many threads and posts there are? They can't go and look through each one (at least I don't think so) plus, they're just human. Only so much a person can do. Anyways, I'm sure CrackBerry will remain a great site for new and current BlackBerry users to come and get help from.
    Jake2826 and JeepBB like this.
    11-02-11 02:04 AM
    I'm confused. What forums have paid moderators? Lol.

They choose to leave them. Its not a site praising RIM.

I however, wish there was a specific area for people giving "constructive" criticism.

The PB Help forum is filled with "PB SUCKS" threads.

I liked the Old days where I could click today's posts and see like 5 that I could answer on the same page.

That was a precedent set by the unhappy Storm owners. Hence the rants and raves section.

There's always room for healthy criticism/debate on a forum. Blind fanboys hurt all sides...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    11-02-11 02:29 AM
    Some of these "former" blackberry owners are the most active people on this forum though, that is not right. They also base their opinions on the last BB they had, some the 9000 or even older. If they're not bashing BB they are vehemently defending other platforms at the slightest sign of negativity towards them. It's as if they have alarm bells ringing every time something negative is said.
    Well said..Some of them use owning an older BB as an excuse of being around in the forum and then compare that phone with an iphone 4s or some latest version of Android!!!!
    11-02-11 02:30 AM
    The other thing getting old is the armchair moderating and threads complaining that the board isn't being moderated the way that specific poster wants it to be. The one thing I always respected was that Kevin used the forum to discuss good AND bad. There's always been debate and comparison of other OS options. There was a time people could recommend a non berry to posters asking for help or opinions from tech savvy people about what phone they should get based on their needs. Now, if you don't immediately answer BB even if it wouldn't be the best choice for the person, you get called a troll and told to STFU and gtfo.

That isn't the cb I signed up with back in 08.

11-02-11 02:56 AM
    I've noticed this more and more recently
    Its a real shame that i find myself having to highlight plus point of the blackberry in order to stop some bashing- BB is still a good platform in my eyes.
    for media/apps it isn't teh best but for functionality and communication it is still up there with the best.
    11-02-11 03:03 AM
    The other thing getting old is the armchair moderating and threads complaining that the board isn't being moderated the way that specific poster wants it to be. The one thing I always respected was that Kevin used the forum to discuss good AND bad. There's always been debate and comparison of other OS options. There was a time people could recommend a non berry to posters asking for help or opinions from tech savvy people about what phone they should get based on their needs. Now, if you don't immediately answer BB even if it wouldn't be the best choice for the person, you get called a troll and told to STFU and gtfo.

So you think it's ok to recommend a non blackberry device to people asking for help on a blackberry forum? I find that insulting.

What's blackberry is best for media? - Get an iphone
    What blackberry works best with gmail? - Get an android

I see this all the time, it is not cool.

11-02-11 03:22 AM
    I'm not a former anything -- I'm an active user on all platforms.

I just don't understand why people who hate BB come to a BB forum to talk trash. If you want to talk trash, you might as well stick with the people who agree with you, lol. Seems more enjoyable that way.. beats arguing IMO. But then again, my mother always told me I was a little strange.
    Well, just the word I was searching for : 'trash'.
    As a suggestion, I wondered a few days ago if creating a Trash section - over the whole mobile nation, not brand specific - could be a good Idea.
    While deletion is still mandatory in many cases (personal assaults, illegal stuff and so), it could bring something new about how we can rely or not on someone's op.
    - The title of it may say it clear : "Here is all we thought we'll never read from thinking capable persons".
    - As we have a crackberry user status (user, abuser, genius), those that have more than xxx threads (initiators) or/and yyy posts (contributors) may also be rated as "Trash filler, abuser, ..." And their profile clearly state of this (Trash accuracy % ?).

This has to be fine tuned, of course, but I think deletion/ban only won't protect from organized bashing flood.

My 0.000000002 cent
    11-02-11 04:46 AM
    Right, I don't like CB like the way it is. Sign up for CB should be:

What Device?
    (Question for signing up)
    User input: iPhone 4S and HTC Sensation

User signs up.....

Mods get email reporting:
    User may be troll/baiter.

Your pretty much done

Then mods can monitor the user. That's all I'm gonna say

11-02-11 05:31 AM

The CB you signed up for Back in 2008 had many of the active posters as BlackBerry USERS and Abusers. the Bulk of the argument threads were threads based on which BlackBerry was better, the THEME forums and Strom Forums were the hot forums,

Today News & Rumors is a hot forum filled with posters who like nothing more than to post negative articles, many have been here long enough to know how to use the search feature, yet will share the same article in a new thread,

The CB of 2008 was a much more hospitable Place, as the majority of users, wanted the next BlackBerry, and wanted to talk about BlackBerry's now those posts asking questions about BlackBerry quickly vanish under the posts about how bad RIM is, how good Apple/Android is doing, and any fault in either of those Platforms, the General section has little to do with BlackBerry's anymore, and it is largely the user base who once were Blackberry users, but continue to post here now having different devices that have caused this.

If you want the forum you remember back in 2008, you need to find a forum that still has an active user base that uses the product and is excited for the next version of that product that you also use and are excited for, a forum that new posters wont get chewed out in by both the overly excited fanboi, as much as the jilted hater.
    grover5 likes this.
    11-02-11 06:25 AM
    Today Mustangv8 has opened another thread about RIM losing its share value. If he just bothered to look at the suggestions given while opening a thread, he would have seen a similar thread running, that too on the first page.
    DID you do your duty as an active forum member and Report the Thread?
    The Mods are more likely to close a thread if it is reported,
    A user who is always subject to thread reporting will be dealt with,

I'll admit I've blocked many of the users that I feel provide no value to the forum, so I can't report their threads, but if you haven't blocked a user, and their thread offends you report it.

Just remember you need to fill in a reason!, if their is a similar thread, before reporting go copy and paste that thread link and put it in the report,

It is the users who ruin a site as much as it is the users who can reclaim their site.
    11-02-11 06:34 AM
    I thought Crackberry was a site for people with Blackberrys to come, enjoy, get tips and help with their products . Or is it a site to hate on Blackberrys?
    If you want Tips and Tricks...go to that section. Are there trollers in there too?

If you want help with your particular product..there are sections for those.

If you don't want to discuss other smartphones or trending news..then DO NOT go into the News and Rumours section. Pretty much ALL the news and rumours coming out right now are almost ALL negative. These "trollers" aren't the ones writing these articles..but are merely debating and discussing. If you don't like to read any negativity about RIM..then I don't know what to tell you. And if your feelings get hurt easily from reading negativity..then perhaps the interwebz isn't the place for you.
    pantlesspenguin and JeepBB like this.
    11-02-11 08:16 AM

If you want the forum you remember back in 2008, you need to find a forum that still has an active user base that uses the product and is excited for the next version of that product that you also use and are excited for, a forum that new posters wont get chewed out in by both the overly excited fanboi, as much as the jilted hater.
    And therein lies the CB problem. Everyone has been waiting for these "new" products to get excited for. Problem is..RIM isn't showing anything. Being teased about Devcon demo's, leapfrogging products, and then not even dropping a nibble of cheese...is leading people to begin to cannabilize themselves..as there is nothing else to eat.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-02-11 08:20 AM
    I posted this in Chrisy thread in Site Questions, BUT I think it's relevent here too. Have a look if you like.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/site-qu...ml#post6818791
    11-02-11 08:20 AM
    I agree with the OP such negativity here but most of the negaviity are former bb users who jumped ship to iPhone or Andrioid

11-02-11 08:40 AM
    As it stands now, CrackBerry is not a welcoming place for BB fans. Especially new BB owners, and visitors who cannot see past all the hating and bashing.
    It shouldn't be that way.
    i totally agree... regardless of what RIM is not doing right and delays etc.. people still choose to buy a blackberry..

and when you search on google for anything to do with blackberry you will see a thread from CB! even if u don't know what CB is..

they come here looking for help and instead they get people telling them the phone they bought for $XXX is crap!

or they read crap and they doubt their purchase and look for anything and everything that is wrong with the phone!! instead of trying to see how it can help them and build on why they made the decision!

When i first got my BB this site was amazing with a lot of people trying to help and searching was great.. i would like to see it continue that way

even if i repeat my posts in various threads i hope it helps people
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 11-02-11 at 08:51 AM.
    snickdog likes this.
    11-02-11 08:48 AM
    One thing to say fellas,
    Take your pitches and forks and lets head over to TiPB and Android Central to bait the guys at that forum. Lets see how they feel, after all the damage they've done to us
    mud314 likes this.
    11-02-11 08:57 AM
    I think there are plenty of BB supporters on the forum who will continue to point out the many redeeming attributes of BB. Let's hope they will continue to offer their positive feedback
    11-02-11 09:08 AM
    Most of the haters just want attention. Don't give it to them!

Just ignore the little comments, or responses to your posts.
    Agreed they are like mosquitoes or the "common" house fly. Swat them and move on.
    11-02-11 09:16 AM
    I think there are plenty of BB supporters on the forum who will continue to point out the many redeeming attributes of BB. Let's hope they will continue to offer their positive feedback
    Yes there are a lot of people doing that including me but the baiters just keep trolling on.....
    11-02-11 09:16 AM
181 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD