Is it me or is the Crackberry forum becoming a Blackberry bashing site for all the Blackberry Haters out there. It seem like every Forum and every story comments there are some haters trash talking negatively about Blackberrys . It is pretty sad that these people are so caught up or brain washed that this is what they spend there time doing. It's a cell phone company people, like really, come on get a life . I thought Crackberry was a site for people with Blackberrys to come, enjoy, get tips and help with their products . Or is it a site to hate on Blackberrys?
    AZ87, Jake Storm, graxyq and 23 others like this.
    11-01-11 08:01 PM
    It will always be the center stage for lovers and haters.

Thing is people who hate it don't care bash it on their favorite dev platform, they come here to the epicenter to get the biggest bang for their buck.

Best effort is to just ignore them unless you agree.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 08:10 PM
    The management of this website could take care of the colossal negativity on this website if they wanted to, but they don't want to or are too cheap to hire more moderators. The current moderators here are already overworked.

As great of a resource for information as Crackberry is, It's hard to call it "An Enthusiasts Community of Blackberry Lovers" at times because of all the RIM basing that goes on here. But it really is all in the website management's hands. They may be perfectly happy with the status quo.
    11-01-11 08:27 PM
    Most of the haters just want attention. Don't give it to them!

Just ignore the little comments, or responses to your posts.
    Mastec and myjdjames like this.
    11-01-11 08:28 PM
    The management of this website could take care of the colossal negativity on this website if they wanted to, but they don't want to or are too cheap to hire more moderators. The current moderators here are already overworked.

As great of a resource for information as Crackberry is, It's hard to call it "An Enthusiasts Community of Blackberry Lovers" at times because of all the RIM basing that goes on here. But it really is all in the website management's hands. They may be perfectly happy with the status quo.
    lol cheap? people dont get paid to moderate. Atleast the boards i moderate dont pay.

I do agree they are probably overworked though.
    11-01-11 08:30 PM
    lol cheap? people dont get paid to moderate. Atleast the boards i moderate dont pay.

I do agree they are probably overworked though.
    And according to Jake..

Underpaid. lol

Our mods offer their time, they're not paid which alone speaks volumes to their commitment.
    11-01-11 08:40 PM
    I think crackberry would like to remain open to everyone's opinion and comment as long as it doesn't become personal. Yes that does leave bashing of and by different platforms.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-01-11 08:41 PM
    I'm confused. What forums have paid moderators? Lol.

They choose to leave them. Its not a site praising RIM.

I however, wish there was a specific area for people giving "constructive" criticism.

The PB Help forum is filled with "PB SUCKS" threads.

I liked the Old days where I could click today's posts and see like 5 that I could answer on the same page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 11-01-11 at 08:55 PM.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    11-01-11 08:44 PM
    I think crackberry would like to remain open to everyone's opinion and comment as long as it doesn't become personal. Yes that does leave bashing of and by different platforms.
    If you look back through the history of CrackBerry -- all this hate started from the BlackBerry Storm forums and moved on from there. Now, these days -- some people have issues with acting decent and with civility. Instead, they'd rather argue about who's OS is better and stoop to low level personal acts as if it will accomplish anything and prove something.

It's fine if you want to call out the moderation team for not doing enough.. we have big shoulders. But the reality is, the mods on this site never stop working to make it better -- we're constantly banning useless members, cleaning up spam and those that often cry the loudest about us doing nothing -- are the ones who themselves do nothing to help the situation.

Time and time again. I've read "MODS DO SOMETHING -- THIS IS INSANE" check my email, not a single reported post from that person. Check their history of posts -- ya, the reason why they've not reported any posts is because they themselves have helped create the chaos.

It's pretty simple. Act civil. Treat people with respect. Follow the rules. Ignore the things you don't like or disagree with and move on.

Truth is -- we hate banning people around here. Everyone should be able to speak their minds, and no doubt we give people too much forgiveness on occasion for stuff they've said or done but we've never been hardcore on banning people. We could rule this place with an Iron fist and people would complain about that as well and it really wouldn't solve anything either. Key is to find the balance for all of our users.

Have we found it? No. Will we? I hope so. But until people realize to not feed into other peoples hate on here it's not really going to change much no matter how many people you add to the moderation team. We could 100 mods, still not going to change the flow of people who come through here intentionally to disrupt others. Until then, we'll keep weeding them out, be it behind the scenes or on the front lines.
    11-01-11 08:54 PM
    I am paid $20 a day to moderate www.ballskill.com

btw, that is balls kill NOT ball skill.
    Last edited by industrial revolution; 11-01-11 at 09:08 PM.
    11-01-11 09:06 PM
    I am paid $20 a day to moderate www.ballskill.com

btw, that is balls kill NOT ball skill.
    Dead link. lol
    11-01-11 09:12 PM
    11-01-11 09:14 PM
    The irony is that a good portion of the "haters" are actually former Blackberry fanatics. I am not a Blackberry hater, but I recently abandoned Blackberry because of sheer disappointment over their execution (or lack of).

I think this is just showing how much of a bad situation RIM is right now. Most of the "hate" posts, if you read carefully, are actually correct and some are actual facts.

It's sad to see it right on a Blackberry forum, but no one can argue that RIM is quite behind the times. Much of it is because of bad execution and lack of integrity for the CEOs.

I commend the moderators though, for respecting freedom of speech and choice. :-)
    K Bear, Chapdaddy and JeepBB like this.
    11-01-11 09:17 PM
    I don't there there is anyone on CrackBerry who ISN'T a former BlackBerry user, is there?
    11-01-11 09:18 PM
    Dead link. lol
    Must make a ton of cash. Lol
    11-01-11 09:21 PM
    I don't there there is anyone on CrackBerry who ISN'T a former BlackBerry user, is there?
    I'm not a former anything -- I'm an active user on all platforms.

I just don't understand why people who hate BB come to a BB forum to talk trash. If you want to talk trash, you might as well stick with the people who agree with you, lol. Seems more enjoyable that way.. beats arguing IMO. But then again, my mother always told me I was a little strange.
    AZ87, Chrisy, sam_b77 and 1 others like this.
    11-01-11 09:22 PM
    That too! I'm glad there are members here that are familiar with multiple platforms. They give good comparisons.

Though I can't imagine using more than one device at a time!

I view the trash talking as venting. Once they get it out, they'll chill out. I was very frustrated at RIM, and my Tour, at one point too. I was stuck with it essentially too, since I can't afford to buy out of contract. So, I understand venting.

Constant trashing is just weird though.
    11-01-11 09:24 PM
    I wouldnt necessarily say that all of crackberry is becoming a blackberry bashing forum, just the playbook forum, jeez the amount of trolls in there.
    11-01-11 09:24 PM
    *Shakes Head.
    Need a Keyboard? :P

(Hopefully you understand I am kidding)
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-01-11 09:28 PM
    Stupid virtual!

Actually, that error was all me, and a frequent one I make!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-01-11 at 09:34 PM.
    Deathcommand likes this.
    11-01-11 09:30 PM
    I wouldnt necessarily say that all of crackberry is becoming a blackberry bashing forum, just the playbook forum, jeez the amount of trolls in there.
    I wouldn't say trolls.. They just think they are right and RIM is purposely hurting them.

Or like some just post because they want to feel loved with attention.
    Either way, Some posts aren't trolling.

Well.. usually.

Sometimes.
    IDK NVM.
    bunky1971 likes this.
    11-01-11 09:35 PM

I just don't understand why people who hate BB come to a BB forum to talk trash.
    There are a lot of reasons to this. One definite reason is their self-esteem. It's their only way to make themselves feel "heard" in this society. truth is, in their own life, they probably have opinions that do not matter at all, and the only way they can get affirmation for their "intelligence and opinions" is by bashing, trolling and what not. And then coupled with the reinforcements from the members who bite the bait by giving them attention, they feel like they matter cos they're finally noticed. just my 2 cents

on another note, i appreciate all the efforts of the mods, but the haters keep things in balance. at least this site lets everyone say their things regardless of how bad some of them put blackberry out. at the very end of the day, we still all go down that, "its all by preference" road.
    Foppa_21 likes this.
    11-01-11 09:54 PM
    I am not a Blackberry hater, but I recently abandoned Blackberry because of ...
    If you've "abandoned" BB why are you still here? This is an admitted BB enthusiasts site? If you no longer fit that description, just move on.

Most of the "hate" posts, if you read carefully, are actually correct and some are actual facts.
    The problem is that there's a way to let people know what does and doesn't work, share your experiences, or address product limitations, without having it become a "RIM is dead" bash. But this only works if it's coming from BB users who are interested in the success of the platform. When former users come here (insecurity?) to share their views and decision making process (looking for validation?), the thread/post inevitably takes on a negative tone and the battle begins.

I just don't understand why people who hate BB come to a BB forum to talk trash.
    Unfortunately, it's the American way. Our society loves negativity. And in many cases, can only feel better about themselves by putting others down. Sigh.
    11-01-11 10:12 PM
    The irony is that a good portion of the "haters" are actually former Blackberry fanatics. I am not a Blackberry hater, but I recently abandoned Blackberry because of sheer disappointment over their execution (or lack of).

I think this is just showing how much of a bad situation RIM is right now. Most of the "hate" posts, if you read carefully, are actually correct and some are actual facts.

It's sad to see it right on a Blackberry forum, but no one can argue that RIM is quite behind the times. Much of it is because of bad execution and lack of integrity for the CEOs.

I commend the moderators though, for respecting freedom of speech and choice. :-)
    Agree with a good proportion of this.

People are frustrated with RIM because they expect better. The more other platforms develop and thrive the more compounded issues with BB become.

That said, I think it is sad that a forum that was set up for enthusiasts who would obviously like to share the joy of the product that unites them has become overrun - and it has become overrun - with negative posts (huh, maybe like this one?) from people whose agenda is not clear.

I don't feel much or in fact any empathy for folk that chose to use the CrackBerry (BlackBerry!) forum for the purpose of defending their choice of platform (which isn't BB) and who pounce on comments from members that may seem to challenge their non-BB purchase choice . But, this forum seems to be awash with them, and I don't get the feeling that many of them are disgruntled former BB users so where the heck are they coming from?

I think with the mods, they see the bigger picture (reality if you like) and so would be less inclined to ban a user for posting stuff that does not show RIM or its products in a positive light. I think to moderate any harder would see a contracting forum base.

That said, my last three posts on here have been negative - could I have expressed my message in a more positive way? Of course. Why not then? Because this forum is overrun with WANKERS and they have crushed the spirit of it and so dumb sheep like me just follow their lead.

So what I'm saying is that after all yes, I think that a few haters have ruined this place for the rest of us.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    11-01-11 11:11 PM
    If you look back through the history of CrackBerry -- all this hate started from the BlackBerry Storm forums and moved on from there. Now, these days -- some people have issues with acting decent and with civility. Instead, they'd rather argue about who's OS is better and stoop to low level personal acts as if it will accomplish anything and prove something.

It's fine if you want to call out the moderation team for not doing enough.. we have big shoulders. But the reality is, the mods on this site never stop working to make it better -- we're constantly banning useless members, cleaning up spam and those that often cry the loudest about us doing nothing -- are the ones who themselves do nothing to help the situation.

Time and time again. I've read "MODS DO SOMETHING -- THIS IS INSANE" check my email, not a single reported post from that person. Check their history of posts -- ya, the reason why they've not reported any posts is because they themselves have helped create the chaos.

It's pretty simple. Act civil. Treat people with respect. Follow the rules. Ignore the things you don't like or disagree with and move on.

Truth is -- we hate banning people around here. Everyone should be able to speak their minds, and no doubt we give people too much forgiveness on occasion for stuff they've said or done but we've never been hardcore on banning people. We could rule this place with an Iron fist and people would complain about that as well and it really wouldn't solve anything either. Key is to find the balance for all of our users.

Have we found it? No. Will we? I hope so. But until people realize to not feed into other peoples hate on here it's not really going to change much no matter how many people you add to the moderation team. We could 100 mods, still not going to change the flow of people who come through here intentionally to disrupt others. Until then, we'll keep weeding them out, be it behind the scenes or on the front lines.
    Honestly, I do not see CB as a BB fan site any longer. There are more people who havent touched a BB spending ridiculous amounts of time writing crap as though they are so insecure about whatever instrument they own.

If CB really claims to be a fansite,
    1)there has to be clear rules about opening a thread. Today Mustangv8 has opened another thread about RIM losing its share value. If he just bothered to look at the suggestions given while opening a thread, he would have seen a similar thread running, that too on the first page.
    2)Put tags clearly while opening a thread, so you help the forum in general
    3)A gentle reminder to anybody posting or replying to not post comments if there is nothing constructive to offer - ie., do not flame bait

I also think that there are many fans of BB who stay back on CB only because there is no better BB forum at the moment. If there is one that comes up, you can expect CB to have only the mustangv8 types that remain.

Keep CB open, but if there are threads that are started with the clear intention of flame baiting, the moderators should either delete the thread or if there is value in what is being said, the thread should be merged with the original thread. Perhaps, there is a reason why Apple forums look so much cleaner though I am sure there are plenty of unhappy Apple customers like me.
    AZ87, Fatoomah, CracklePot and 2 others like this.
    11-01-11 11:48 PM
181 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD