I am not sure if this is the right area to post this in the forums BUT...

I feel that this has to be said,

When it comes to the CrackBerry community, the majority of the commenters on here are unbelievably negative. This forum post was triggered by the recent comments on the news that "Path" is coming to Blackberry next year.

You don't know what something is, so "who cares", "enter negative comment here".

Give me a break people.
    This is a positive whether you understand the app or not. It is another developer, site, app, whatever you want to call it making its way to BlackBerry. This means they see the value, they see the potential and they see a future, no?

The way people comment on the blogs, stories and articles created by the folks at CrackBerry, is not that different than any iSheep negatively talking about BlackBerry. "I have never used it, I don't understand it, I refuse to research it, I refuse to read the articles" therefore, "who cares, it sucks, the past means things can't and wont change" and then again, "enter negative comment here".

I am not saying this is everyone, but seriously, look at the comments on that short little post, and really, look at all the others lately. I am just about done with coming to the site and might stick to just twitter and the app. Crackberry as a site puts out some great info and rumours. I personally don't agree with the leaks as I believe it hurts BlackBerry more than helps, but I understand why CrackBerry does what it does. That being said, the CrackBerry community has become a majority of entitled naysayers and its gotten to the point that I really don't see a difference compared to the isheep.

This of course is my personal opinion only, and I know I will get negative comments back to this, but people, lighten the heck up. Just because you come to CrackBerry and are hoping for good things for BlackBerry, your negative comments make you no different than everyone else in the media and on other device platforms chopping BlackBerry at the knee's. it is your right to voice your opinion just as I am doing here, don't get me wrong, I understand that, but seriously ask yourself how your negative comments to positive articles help anyone or anything? Doesn't your negativity put you in the same category as the rest of the negative nancy's using other devices? oh, but you use a BlackBerry so its ok?

Also keep in mind, ITS JUST A DEVICE. Its a great device and a great platform and I wouldn't use anything different but its still just a device.

Think about this, when was the last time you lost your mind on someone because they drove a different car than you? or ate a different brand of yogurt then you did? perspective.

any who, rant over, and no, I will not "internet tough guy" argue with you
    11-01-13 08:20 AM
    I am not sure if this is the right area to post this in the forums BUT...

I feel that this has to be said,

When it comes to the CrackBerry community, the majority of the commenters on here are unbelievably negative. This forum post was triggered by the recent comments on the news that "Path" is coming to Blackberry next year.

You don't know what something is, so "who cares", "enter negative comment here".

Give me a break people.
    This is a positive whether you understand the app or not. It is another developer, site, app, whatever you want to call it making its way to BlackBerry. This means they see the value, they see the potential and they see a future, no?

The way people comment on the blogs, stories and articles created by the folks at CrackBerry, is not that different than any iSheep negatively talking about BlackBerry. "I have never used it, I don't understand it, I refuse to research it, I refuse to read the articles" therefore, "who cares, it sucks, the past means things can't and wont change" and then again, "enter negative comment here".

I am not saying this is everyone, but seriously, look at the comments on that short little post, and really, look at all the others lately. I am just about done with coming to the site and might stick to just twitter and the app. Crackberry as a site puts out some great info and rumours. I personally don't agree with the leaks as I believe it hurts BlackBerry more than helps, but I understand why CrackBerry does what it does. That being said, the CrackBerry community has become a majority of entitled naysayers and its gotten to the point that I really don't see a difference compared to the isheep.

This of course is my personal opinion only, and I know I will get negative comments back to this, but people, lighten the heck up. Just because you come to CrackBerry and are hoping for good things for BlackBerry, your negative comments make you no different than everyone else in the media and on other device platforms chopping BlackBerry at the knee's. it is your right to voice your opinion just as I am doing here, don't get me wrong, I understand that, but seriously ask yourself how your negative comments to positive articles help anyone or anything? Doesn't your negativity put you in the same category as the rest of the negative nancy's using other devices? oh, but you use a BlackBerry so its ok?

Also keep in mind, ITS JUST A DEVICE. Its a great device and a great platform and I wouldn't use anything different but its still just a device.

Think about this, when was the last time you lost your mind on someone because they drove a different car than you? or ate a different brand of yogurt then you did? perspective.

any who, rant over, and no, I will not "internet tough guy" argue with you
    While I appreciate your post asking others to lighten up and see the bright side of having another app, members are more concerned about whether BlackBerry will be around or changed forever. Also, you lost points with the reference to iSheep. That comment adds no value when you condemn the negativity of others just to post another version of the same Nancyism. Also, as far as the leaks, if it were not for the leaks, some would have moved on due to the issues with the official OS that came with the device.
    11-01-13 08:32 AM
    I appreciate your feedback. I was using the word "iSheep" as a comparison of sorts because I see it used on CrackBerry quite often to talk down on other device users. maybe I should have put it in quotation marks to show the way I was trying to use it lol

When it comes to leaks though, I just cant agree there. My view is that obviously OS updates will come with many improvements and feature adds, especially on a brand new platform, but it also lets EVERYONE know what BlackBerry is working on. Also not all leaks are correct or as "close" as folks interpret and if something is leaked, and for some reason never comes to fruition, who gets blamed for it? BlackBerry does and the sarcastic comments follow. I personally view it as causing more issues than solving.
    11-01-13 08:54 AM
    Its just a phone forum. You shouldn't get offended or bothered by anything said in here.
    11-01-13 09:03 AM
    Its just a phone forum. You shouldn't get offended or bothered by anything said in here.
    How dare you?

Post with such logic and sensibility.

I am both offended and bothered by your statement.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-01-13 09:05 AM
    How dare you?

Post with such logic and sensibility.

I am both offended and bothered by your statement.
    Lol
    11-01-13 09:06 AM
    Also, you lost points with the reference to iSheep.
    That's exactly where I stopped reading. It's an instant signal to me: I have no credibility. The iOS platform is not my preference for certain rational reasons, but I do understand why some prefer it, and I would not denigrate their choice by referring to them as "sheep."
    amazinglygraceless and TgeekB like this.
    11-01-13 09:12 AM
    If they are iSheep what does that make us? The BlackSheep of the smartphone world?
    11-01-13 09:19 AM
    When it comes to leaks though, I just cant agree there. My view is that obviously OS updates will come with many improvements and feature adds, especially on a brand new platform, but it also lets EVERYONE know what BlackBerry is working on. Also not all leaks are correct or as "close" as folks interpret and if something is leaked, and for some reason never comes to fruition, who gets blamed for it? BlackBerry does and the sarcastic comments follow. I personally view it as causing more issues than solving.
    OS updates may come, the operative word is "may". The problem for BlackBerry has been their reliance on the carriers to release the OS updates in a timely fashion. The problem is timely fashion means different things to different carriers. While Telus has released an official 10.2, my carrier has not. Knowing how late AT&T has been in the past, it doesn't bode well for me to get all the 10.2 goodness until next year. Now Verizon's track record is even worse.

So why should I have to settle for a phone platform that is not all that the makers have designed it to be? When BlackBerry stops having to rely on the OCD networks to release updates, then I may stop using leaks. Thank goodness for our BerryLeaks team and other individuals (like Kris) who have sources for the Leaks that download and test them. Knowing issues before you decide to load minimizes the risk. Plus, leaks allow BlackBerry to test what they are working on in real life not lab conditions. It allows them to tweak and continue to improve the OS and User experience.

As to other phone makers knowing what BlackBerry is working on: I think they are well aware of what is going on. Leaks abound for all phone makers. I doubt it is the driving cause behind BlackBerry 's struggles.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-01-13 09:26 AM
    I appreciate your feedback. I was using the word "iSheep" as a comparison of sorts because I see it used on CrackBerry quite often to talk down on other device users. maybe I should have put it in quotation marks to show the way I was trying to use it lol

First, I have no problem with any platform. I remember the old days of Moto, Nokia, Palm, and BlackBerry. iSheep, gayPhone or other silly ish has been mentioned before. I know when one makes those statements.....a firestorm usually follows.

Ok, OS Leaks. This is a touchy subject for many. I refuse, I repeat- refuse to wait on my carrier to release "anything" for my Z10. Not after the crappy way at&t let me know in no uncertain terms that BlackBerry was not really an option as a smartphone. Then the rookie tried to sell me another iPhone(I have two) or another SGlll(mine is white). LOL. OS leaks and/or hybrids are not for everyone. But, just imagine all of the frustrated BlackBerry owners that have waited all this time for 10.1 10.2 just to find out that the rest of us have been enjoying the same features......for awhile now. Also, you don't think techs on all of the platforms already know what the competition is selling? No big secrets here. Besides, BlackBerry hasn't been in a position to keep operations covert and expect sales to go up. Finally, there is no such thing as a "perfect" OS. An official OS may have the same or different issues as a leaked if/when it is released - including the carriers bloatware. Review the comments in the threads related to OS issues with the original OS that was shipped with any of the new BB10s. Some people were born to and love to b&tch about something....anything. However, some are legitimate issues that deserve to be addressed. So, an OS is not immune to critics. IMO, a leaked OS solves more problems than waiting for and reading about all the great features others are using while waiting on a carrier to get it together and finally release an OS. But, that just me.
    11-01-13 10:46 PM
    its probably worth noting, Crackberry doesnt leak OS`s.

Someone leaks them (normally carrrier testers, sometimes however they are `found` on update servers too) and Crackberry simply posts on it. Crackberry is a BlackBerry news site, so as the leak being available is news its just one of those things. But at the end of the day they are simply reporting on someones actions, and not doing the leaking themselves.

I can see why some would disagree with the leaks, and your entitled to of course, its your opinion, but its not CB leaking it, its probably best to be clear on that.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-01-13 11:36 PM
    If they are iSheep what does that make us? The BlackSheep of the smartphone world?
    Yes.
    But, I can only speak for myself.

Proud to be a BlackSheep!
    11-01-13 11:58 PM
    Ahem...that is "Sheep of Color"
    TgeekB and Blacklatino like this.
    11-02-13 12:18 PM