Hey CrackBerry Nation!

As I type this thread we're sitting at 499,350 members... today will be the day we pass the 500,000 member milestone. w00t!!!!!!!!

CrackBerry.com's growth over the past few months has been incredible, both in terms of membership and daily traffic through the site. As most of you probably noticed, it's been so overwhelming at times that we've had trouble getting our servers to keep up with the traffic (things are fixed up now pretty good - forums are finally fast once again!).

CrackBerry.com is a pretty young site in the smartphone space - we launched in February, 2007, so we're still less than two years old. If you don't know the story, you can always check it out here. What a crazy fun time it's been. I just looked back at some of our stats from the early months. In March 2007 the site received 38,000 visits and 215,000 pageviews. Where are we at now? In the past 30 days CrackBerry.com has received 5.6 million visits, from over 2.6 million unique visitors, driving over 27 million page views! Talk about growth!! It took us over a year from launching the site to reach 100,000 members, and from there another four months to reach 200,000 members. The CrackBerry.com word has continued to spread and in these past few months we have seen our biggest growth yet, as we now we reach 500,000 members. I can't wait to see us hit a million!!

As we reach this awesome milestone, I yet again want to send out a BIG THANK YOU to all of our members. It's because of YOU that CrackBerry.com is the success it has been. You guys and gals are on the site all of the time and you're spreading the CrackBerry and BlackBerry word throughout the WORLD!!! I am amazed at how "mainstream" this site has become. Throughout the past few weeks of BlackBerry Storm craziness, I think CrackBerry.com has been selected by BlackBerry users and the media as the "unofficial home" of all things Storm. The BlackBerry Storm forum went from having a few hundred threads and a couple thousands posts to being our second biggest forum on the site within just a couple of weeks (almost 8,000 threads and over 100,000 posts as I type this). Amazing! Walk into a store in the United States these days to buy a BlackBerry and ask the helpful rep where you should go for BlackBerry Stuff?? Odds are they're going to tell you CrackBerry.com. Mind boggling cool. A HUGE Thank You goes to all of those people who have helped spread the word to new BlackBerry owners right there at point of sale! It doesn't take long for the addiction to set in.

With the Storm Contest and Mobileheist/Cyber Monday stuff just winding down, we're working on something a little different and special to help celebrate reaching 500,000 members. I'll announce it on the blogs hopefully early this week (we reached 500k faster than I thought so it's not quite ready just yet). You'll want to stay tuned for that!

And again, I can't say it enough. THANK YOU to everyone who makes CrackBerry.com the site it is. Our members, our readers, our moderators, our writers, everyone at SPE and all of those who help spread the word.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

We'll see you at a Million!

Keep Crack'n!

Kevin
    12-06-08 09:23 AM
    Nice!! w00t CB!!
    12-06-08 09:35 AM
    Very nice! Congratulations CB Nation!
    12-06-08 09:52 AM
    Congratulations, Kevin. What a truly amazing job you and the founders have done. Well done, well done indeed.
    12-06-08 09:55 AM
    Blackberrys shall rule the world lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 09:56 AM
    Congratulations CrackBerry! 1 million will be here sooner than you think Kevin.
    12-06-08 09:59 AM
    Congratulations Kevin and to the rest of the CrackBerry crew! Thank You all for providing us with a place we can go to find the information, help and support for our love and addiction to the BlackBerry. Guys and girls, keep up the good work and here's looking forward to the 1 million members mark!

12-06-08 10:01 AM
    Congratulations!! That's a lot of addicts.
    12-06-08 10:15 AM
    Congrats !

12-06-08 10:19 AM
    I know there will be people who will belittle the number, pointing out how many are actual "active" members. Those people are missing the point that the number itself is impressive due to that many people taking the time to sign-up after visiting the site.

Whether to buy, post in a forum or just be a part of, its still an amazing achievement for a niche site to get so many members in a short time.

Congratulations to all!

12-06-08 10:22 AM
    12-06-08 10:22 AM
    Well done and well deserved!!!
    Best BB resource out there...

12-06-08 10:27 AM
    Hey Buddy,

You gotta remember - CrackBerry.com is just the forum either. We have a ton of people who register with the site who use it to get ringtones/wallpapers/use their @crackberry.com email address, etc. Some of our top wallpaper contributors have never posted in the forums even once.

So all our valuable members.

In terms of daily activity...CrackBerry is the most active BlackBerry-dedicated forum out there right now.

So no matter how you slice it or dice it, it's a great milestone to achieve!

Kevin

I know there will be people who will belittle the number, pointing out how many are actual "active" members. Those people are missing the point that the number itself is impressive due to that many people taking the time to sign-up after visiting the site.

Whether to buy, post in a forum or just be a part of, its still an amazing achievement for a niche site to get so many members in a short time.

Congratulations to all!

12-06-08 10:51 AM
    Congratulations Kevin & team. You've done a steller job here and it shows. I'm very proud to be part of this community (not that my addiction has anything to do with it )
    12-06-08 10:54 AM
    Great news!! An amazing site that helps many.
    12-06-08 10:56 AM
    500,000 thats very good in a short time look out howards forum we will pass your 922,711 members before to long.
    12-06-08 10:59 AM
    I read CB more then I read the news. Man if my job look at my internet use it would be 98% CB 1% work and 1% other.
    12-06-08 11:02 AM
    Congrats!!!!!

12-06-08 11:08 AM
    And I'm proud member #359,822. Can't take that away.
    12-06-08 11:20 AM
    Congrats Kevin!! You have done an Awesome job with crackberry.com!

I have in fact told many VZW reps I've talked to, to check it out to get more knowledge and information about BB's!
    12-06-08 11:24 AM
    I joined last January and I was member number 58,400 to join. We now had 10 times that now. Thats incredible! Congrats to Crackberry on 500,000!
    12-06-08 11:33 AM
    Congratulations on the half mil!!!

Not long you'll be at a milli a milli a milli....
    12-06-08 12:49 PM
    Congrats CB!
    12-06-08 12:50 PM
    Kevin, as always, great job. 500,000 is awesome.

12-06-08 12:54 PM
    Wow that is one heck of a number! I am very proud to be a part of this. I have turned all BB user I know onto this site and they love it as much as I do now. This is my favorite site on the net. Thanks and congrats to the entire CB crew. You guys/gals ROCK!!!!

12-06-08 01:02 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD