Greetings all...

I've done some searching, but can't seem to find any posts related to this issue. I've been using my @crackberry.com email address in conjunction with a @gmail.com email address... and it works beautifully. The only thing I cannot seem to prevent is sending emails that somehow still advertise the @gmail.com address. I've followed all the rules that I could find to setting this up correctly, but still end up with the following result when sending email:

Sent: [email protected]
    To: (whatever)

Reply: [email protected]

How can I get rid of any mention of [email protected]? Or is this just not going to happen?

Thanks!
    12-10-07 08:19 AM
    Pretty sure the From and Reply To will show your CB address, but the Sent From will still show the gmail.
    12-10-07 10:01 AM
    As Kasper has decribed but dependant on the email program being used by the recipient will determine if it says sent from : USER NAME or [email protected].

You need to be aware that the @CRACKBERRY.COM is purely a redirect and not an email server therefore the smtp settings are those of gmail hence the sent from gmail.com
    12-10-07 04:08 PM
    Yeah... I understand the whole concept of the crackberry email address... was just hoping that someone knew of a way to mask the gmail information so that it could not be seen by others (maybe a gmail setting that I am not finding). Looks like something to add to my holiday wish list!

Thanks!
    12-10-07 04:16 PM
    12-10-07 04:47 PM
    I am very familiar with this guide... but it in no way resolves the issue I am asking about.

Thanks for the effort though!
    12-10-07 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD