Is it just me, or are the blog posts becoming more and more storm-centric to the exclusion of all the other berrys? I've found myself enjoying the site less and less as fewer posts are even relevant to me. I've found myself wandering over to blackberrycool.com and blackberryforums.com for more balanced reporting!

Are the mods all storm owners now? Am I wrong? What gives?
    03-30-09 06:25 PM
    I dont see what your talking about. I see alot of posts in the 83xx forums. http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/
    03-30-09 06:30 PM
    I'm talkin' about the blog posts - the front page stories, the app reviews, etc., not the forums.
    03-30-09 06:34 PM
    You will see more about the newer devices as more stuff is starting to come out for them. It's going to be like that for any new device. However I see a lot of non-storm stuff as well.
    03-30-09 06:35 PM
    Only 3 of the mods own Storms and you're seeing more Storm centric stuff because well, that's what developers and theme makers etc..etc are all working on.

Technology moves ahead and often times the "latest and greatest" is what comes up more often.

I get the emails from developers of applications...

I get the emails of theme makers...

I get the emails about new services, being updated for the Storm..

It's what the "community" is focusing on and if nothing else comes forward, if developers stop creating and making things for older devices, then the news just is not there to report on.

We try to keep it balanced for other devices as there are many users who own curves and pearls, probably more so then Storms and 8900's etc..etc, but if their is nothing else being sent our way in the form of communication to relay to you as a user then we are left with what we have to present.

Venturing to other forums and blogs, I do the same as you and I don't see where those other places are doing anything different from us, articles on BlackBerrycool often times were referenced back to CrackBerry and often times applications and such we do post are available for other devices as well, just most fail to notice or care to look any further then beyond the word "Storm" and think "Ah well, that aint for me" and then usually don't read the rest of the article where it indicates other devices compatability and availability.

Also, development of applications has been rather slow as well..a lot of developers are holding applications back to introduce them through BlackBerry App World, so once that launches their will be more to focus on in the way of other devices.
    03-30-09 06:37 PM
    I have to agree with w/e bum-new device material is also going to be out there-but there is plenty of things for the 'not fresh off the press' bb's also! Just look around cb-u'l find them!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 07:07 PM
    Unfortunately, our Pearls and Curves are starting to become orphaned as developers decide to code for the latest and greatest on the market. Hence, the perceived bias in the website.
    03-30-09 07:10 PM
    Only 3 of the mods own Storms and you're seeing more Storm centric stuff because well, that's what developers and theme makers etc..etc are all working on.

Technology moves ahead and often times the "latest and greatest" is what comes up more often.

I get the emails from developers of applications...

I get the emails of theme makers...

I get the emails about new services, being updated for the Storm..

It's what the "community" is focusing on and if nothing else comes forward, if developers stop creating and making things for older devices, then the news just is not there to report on.

We try to keep it balanced for other devices as there are many users who own curves and pearls, probably more so then Storms and 8900's etc..etc, but if their is nothing else being sent our way in the form of communication to relay to you as a user then we are left with what we have to present.

Venturing to other forums and blogs, I do the same as you and I don't see where those other places are doing anything different from us, articles on BlackBerrycool often times were referenced back to CrackBerry and often times applications and such we do post are available for other devices as well, just most fail to notice or care to look any further then beyond the word "Storm" and think "Ah well, that aint for me" and then usually don't read the rest of the article where it indicates other devices compatability and availability.

Also, development of applications has been rather slow as well..a lot of developers are holding applications back to introduce them through BlackBerry App World, so once that launches their will be more to focus on in the way of other devices.
    But the latest and GREATEST is the 8900!!! Where's all the blogs on that?

03-30-09 07:13 PM
    I feel there is no bias

The storm was a great marketing success even if as a phone/working unit it is a pile of c##p that means many more users have joined on the back of the storm and as pointed out this will happen probably on every new model

It seems like it's storm only because the storm is such a piece of.......you get my drift and it has many issues so many people ask questions and even more questions are asked because the storm attracted a lot more 1st time blackberry users who obviously with there 1st foray into blackberry let alone storms will ask more questions

Imagine if blackberry released a phone that had no faults (can you imagine?) then that forum would be quite as many of the older models are because largely they are fault free and everyone has less issues with them
    03-30-09 07:16 PM
    You read my mind. I was actually planning to post something related to this. I too feel the blogs, and news is focused on the Storm. The other day on App Roundup, I think there was only one app. that wasnt particuallry for the Storm, but the rest were! I just wasted 3 minutes reading through a completely pointless article. Now, I don't even read those anymore- the only thing I tend to do on here now is check the movie forums, and the discussion and curve forms occasionally. Aren't the curves the most popular bb? Shouldnt we focus as well on the most common blackberry devices? Were not all going to upgrade to storms now!
    -IMO- I feel it would only be very smart for developers and crackberry to focus on the more popular device model, to have more popularity. Lots of us love our curves, as of now they are probably the only Berry with tons of accesories, color ball changing, housings, apps, our older blackberries are more popular, so why not focus on the phone that can bring in the money? Instead of making farting apps for the storm...? Seriously developers, get a reality check. If I only knew how to do the things you do- I would be making a lot more money and sucess than you do, typically because I would set the more common blackberries first, and the newer gadgets last.
    Last edited by AshlynLovesHerBB; 03-30-09 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Adding information
    03-30-09 07:19 PM
    I don't see a huge bias, but I do notice that sometimes the Pearl is left out. As for the Curve, I don't see it because so many people still have them
    Last edited by lakergirl23; 03-30-09 at 10:52 PM.
    03-30-09 07:42 PM
    Sometimes?? The Pearl is ALWAYS left out!

03-30-09 07:55 PM
    I don't think we have enough Storm coverage

j/k
    03-30-09 07:57 PM
    I just understand the fact that when the Storm came out it attracted people that wouldn't have normally bought a Blackberry. They have a problem, can't figure something out, do a search on Google, and they end up here. Then they spread the word to the people they know with Storms. Just the way it goes. I spend time in the Bold forums and don't see any bias in there.
    03-30-09 07:57 PM
    That's true. For most people the storm is their first berry and they are trying to get used to it and need help.

03-30-09 08:22 PM
    it's just you.
    03-30-09 08:49 PM
    Is it just me, or are the blog posts becoming more and more storm-centric to the exclusion of all the other berrys? I've found myself enjoying the site less and less as fewer posts are even relevant to me. I've found myself wandering over to blackberrycool.com and blackberryforums.com for more balanced reporting!

Are the mods all storm owners now? Am I wrong? What gives?

I agree with you, but its the normal. it was the same when the bold came out. I dont own one but enjoy reading about it
    03-30-09 08:51 PM
    I have to agree too but this is the normal cycle of development in electronic. You will find the same with computers, digital cameras or any other popular electronic device. Even if the older device still is beeing sold (here Pearl and Curve) the main concentration is on the brand new model. If it wouldn't be that way, we would have a very slow overall development and at the end of the day that would not be good for anybody. Unfortunately the OS development also slows down for the older models like the Pearl and Curve.

03-30-09 09:16 PM
    No one cares about you and your 8900 SG!

Seriously though, I would take anything you read on BBCool with a grain of salt. It's a gigantic rumor mill; theonion.com of the BB world.

03-30-09 09:35 PM
    Who cares. When the Niagara drops, it'll start getting all of the press until the next hot phone. This is how it's always been for every phone manufacturer.... Seems like common sense to me.

03-30-09 11:11 PM
    But the latest and GREATEST is the 8900!!! Where's all the blogs on that?

The Curve 8900 is not the latest and greatest. It's a Curve with added features. So that means the same apps pretty much that worked for the Curve 83xx, work for the 8900 and all they need to do is update to support 4.6.1.xxx.

I visit Crackberry blogs daily and I honestly don't see that way. I see "Added support for the Storm" a lot more than anything.
    03-31-09 08:07 AM
    I guess in a few months we'll be Niagaracentric?
    03-31-09 09:04 AM
    just go to the forums for the curve..i know what you mean though..i felt it also..inever really posted a lot but i'm starting to now since so many of the new storm and bold users are stacking up the sites haha
    03-31-09 10:20 AM
    It's the same in all forums. The latest or soon to be released model always gets the attention. Go look at a S60 forum right now, the three major models being discussed is the E71/E71x, N97, and E75.
    03-31-09 10:43 AM
    I agree with this statement. Although I believe the Storm sucks and the Bold is the greatest.

03-31-09 11:00 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD