Just installed the BB10 version on my new z10 (with 1925, tyvm!) and I am blown away by the speed and detail of this native app!

It is way faster than viewing the site in the browser. Insanely faster... for both images and forum threads. Also, the app does not have any micro stutter when scrolling the forum, like the browser.

The peak/hub functionality is put to fantastic use as well. It is full of useful content, laid out in a sensible manner.

This app should be the defacto app that BlackBerry shows potential new users - this is the level of speed and integration that is possible with BlackBerry 10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 11:58 AM
    I agree. The CB10 app is total awesome sauce!!

We have a lot of work to do on it still. New features to add, etc. We don't have unlimited resources so things take time. But it's definitely a super fast experience.

Enjoy it and spread the word!!

Posted via CB10
    nappp and SifiGamer like this.
    01-12-14 12:12 PM
    how about a Playbook version?

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk
    01-12-14 12:16 PM
    If the PlayBook would have received the update to BB10 as we were all hoping, we definitely would have done one already. It would be a fairly quick build and easier to maintain going forward. The way things went down, we won't be. Sorry guys. Just too much on our app to do list to get done and we can't do everything.

If any other devs out there want to build one, we could probably provide them with the feeds and apis we built that we use on the CB10 app.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 12:25 PM
    Aren't apps nice? Which is why when someone says "oh the BlackBerry 10 browser is good enough, we don't need apps"
    I'm just shaking my head haha

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 12:31 PM
    I love it, but needs PMs. Also, I cannot mark forums read anymore. I press the button, it refreshes, then nothing.
    01-12-14 12:34 PM
    Aren't apps nice? Which is why when someone says "oh the BlackBerry 10 browser is good enough, we don't need apps"
    I'm just shaking my head haha

Posted via CB10
    That used to be me! Lol... now I know better.

My kids have eaten my PlayBook again I see... hope it's under the couch...

So, it would be nice for it to get some updates and a Crackberry app, but the way it is laid out proved to be excellent for my kids just the way it is. Our youngest mastered the ui before she was two and they all love Tux Paint and the TVO Kids apps. I made them an html5 game to practice the telling time on a clock (works in the browser), which I intended to post as a free Web works app for the PlayBook, but BlackBerry stopped development on PlayBook so I lost interest / faith. Any app, even a simple Web works one, takes a lot of time to make acceptable for public use. As sad as it is to say, at this point making a Crackberry App for the PlayBook would be a poor use of limited resources, for anyone.

Now if we can convince BlackBerry to work out a dual boot contract with one of the Android tablet makers, we could use this awesome Crackberry App on a big o'l BlackBerry 10 OS tablet!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 12:59 PM

We have a lot of work to do on it still. New features to add, etc. We don't have unlimited resources so things take time. But it's definitely a super fast experience.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Kevin. We are looking forward to the updates on the CB10 app. Most of us use it daily!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    01-12-14 01:24 PM
    Thanks Kevin. We are looking forward to the updates on the CB10 app. Most of us use it daily!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Or even Hourly lol

Posted via CB10
    nappp likes this.
    01-12-14 03:01 PM
    I have to say the CB10 app somehow still runs slower on my Q10 ever since 10.2 got released. Compared to the first days when the Q10 got released with 10.1, I could barely notice any lags - if at all. Now it noticeably lags every now and then and just feels slower. I'd also like to see the post formatting bug(s) fixed.

Besides that smaller rant, the app still is a great example of a native BB10 app.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    01-12-14 03:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Cool, now get the Chen CES interview posted up already that is days overdue. Been waiting for that all week! Most important CrackBerry news Out of CES.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 03:14 PM
    In Tapatalk you can long press a thread and mark it as read. Bring this function to CB10 please

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    01-12-14 08:59 PM
    Love this app too. Can we get the pics to expand on the next update. My old age and bad eyes hardly allow me to view words in the pictures or screen shots people post. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 09:43 PM
    Is there an Android version? If so could that be converted for the PB?

01-13-14 01:39 AM
    Is there an Android version? If so could that be converted for the PB?

Not to deviate too much but the program you are using is really good for the PlayBook. Has all of the same features and more at this time. Of course it would be great if there was development on any app that we use or could use on the PB

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    01-13-14 07:57 AM
    Yes I find it better than the android or the pc

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 10:05 AM
    it just would be nice to have the forums and the blog posts all in one app

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-13-14 08:27 PM