Just curious about this site, and community after the sale.

Will:
    Members continue to visit post & reply, contribute?
    How long will the owners continue to sell official hardware/accessories?
    Will CrackBerry increase tutorials and host ROMs?! Becoming a 1stop site for ongoing support?
    Will CrackBerry consolidate articles from lesser fan sites that may die off before CrackBerry?!

Finally, when the fans cease to.uohold a candle for BlackBerry, when the product sales die, when no more extravagant parties are held ... when the tears have dried up, will all of this of CrackBerry be archived and accessible for free for the real die hards that will die when their BB10 devices can do no.more than place a phone call as the only stable operation?!!

PS: leaked teams will they cease to operate and innovate or will they keep the truck rolling as well as CrackBerry? !

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 11:50 PM
    Just curious about this site, and community after the sale.

Will:
    Members continue to visit post & reply, contribute?
    How long will the owners continue to sell official hardware/accessories?
    Will CrackBerry increase tutorials and host ROMs?! Becoming a 1stop site for ongoing support?
    Will CrackBerry consolidate articles from lesser fan sites that may die off before CrackBerry?!

Finally, when the fans cease to.uohold a candle for BlackBerry, when the product sales die, when no more extravagant parties are held ... when the tears have dried up, will all of this of CrackBerry be archived and accessible for free for the real die hards that will die when their BB10 devices can do no.more than place a phone call as the only stable operation?!!

PS: leaked teams will they cease to operate and innovate or will they keep the truck rolling as well as CrackBerry? !

Posted via CB10
    skip to the end of the hangout
    09-05-13 12:02 AM
    I've always said that if BlackBerry is going to die, I'm going down with the ship.

What I refuse to do is go down with the ship and haunt the ruins.

Time to be reborn into a new platform and move on. I'm dreading every second of it.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    09-05-13 12:06 AM
    A BlackBerry sell doesn't mean BlackBerry is gone. There is thousands of different possibilities, one of which they stop producing their own hardware but continue to push BB10 OS. What is BB10?BB10 is mobile computing. What is mobile computing? Everything you can do on your desktop but with the flow and efficiency of BB10. (reply to today's crackberry podcast )

Posted via CB10
    mujahid 10 and SK122387 like this.
    09-05-13 12:07 AM
    Thread moved from BB10 OS Forum to General Discussion forum.
    09-05-13 12:29 AM
    I'm gonna stay optimistic and say that BlackBerry gets a good partnership(not bought out) that benefits both parties equally . So tired of all this doom and gloom going around in general specially now. Go blackberry!

Also I'll probably still post

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 12:40 AM
    I figure crackberry will still be up if BlackBerry goes under,other phones to blog about not to mention our current ones should still function
    09-05-13 01:09 AM
    I'm paraphrasing here but I think you said "I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands."

Or that the passion of the community will supercede blackberry's inability.

Or something about goats. Oh wait, that was different Google hangout.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 01:22 AM
    He said he'll keep bringing us leaks for as long as he can get stuff from the servers, which was probably the best news out of that Hangout!

CrackBerry will continue. This is a place for discussion, and there will certainly be no shortage of things to discuss when/if BlackBerry is sold.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    09-05-13 01:47 AM
    Well, webOS Nation still exists...

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    09-05-13 03:14 AM
    What is BB10?BB10 is mobile computing. What is mobile computing? Everything you can do on your desktop but with the flow and efficiency of BB10. (reply to today's crackberry podcast )
    The BB mobile computing cheerleaders must be using a different version of BB10 than I am.

@ "mobile computing"
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-05-13 03:17 AM
    A BlackBerry sell doesn't mean BlackBerry is gone. There is thousands of different possibilities, one of which they stop producing their own hardware but continue to push BB10 OS. What is BB10?BB10 is mobile computing. What is mobile computing? Everything you can do on your desktop but with the flow and efficiency of BB10. (reply to today's crackberry podcast )

Posted via CB10
    The problem with all these possibilities is that NOTHING is being discussed or publicly acknowledged by BlackBerry!!

This means of the company is sold then the full rights to the code could be fully owned without obligation to consumers to update or bug fix, while only corporations on BES10 deployments get honors to such improvements and further development. Same occurred with PalmOS - before the crashed when all augmentation to the legacy code by Sony was taken from them, thus Sony abandoned PalmOS both SW & HW development. They never did any further bug fixes either!

There is NO promises when sale of assets occurs.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 04:07 PM
    I think there is too much concentration on the idea that they are for sale. It's like everyone expects them to sell the entire company to someone else and be done with the entire platform all together.

The whole idea behind the "strategic panel" was to improve the business and increase sales. To me, it sounds more like they want to find ways to go private, which may mean bringing on partners who will concentrate on making individual parts more profitable.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 07:39 AM
    Nah. Even if the worst-case scenario does come about, CrackBerry in and of itself isn't going anywhere. WebOS has long been kind of, you know, in the grave and Mobile Nations still operates WebOS Nation and they have a relatively active community it seems.
    09-06-13 07:42 AM
    You have to remember that BBM is still going to be with us

The Gamer's Network- C00015A3 || From my Z on .1047
    09-06-13 02:20 PM
    I would think that when whatever happens, depending on how blackberry continues to exist will shape what this site becomes. If the handset business is killed but they still have software and other products then the site probably becomes focuses on that. I would also think over time the threads will be ghostly because right now most people come here to talk about handsets and the platform. So the conversation may change but probably be a lot less people around here talking about it. Sure WebOS nation still has forums but it's a ghost town and it should be. All depends on what continues to exists for how long. That's why sites like this are so biased in their support for blackberry..... because without blackberry, this site is not relevant anymore.
    09-06-13 04:10 PM