ok, so i'm on another car forum and we were talking about phones.

and everyone there thinks winmo devices are the best phones out there! i have tried telling them that they are veryyyyy wrong!!!

i need some help on what i should say to prove to them that they are very wrong!!!!! like technical help too!!! i need to enlighten them! lol

give me some suggestions on what i should say to those ignorant people
    02-05-09 12:08 PM
    Best thing to do with ignorant people is to ignore them.
    02-05-09 12:09 PM
    for example here are some things they have said

1. My Windows Mobile device doesn't lag. I have no problem switching between apps.
    2. Umm... Do you realize how long Windows Mobile, aka Windows Embedded, aka Windows CE, has been around??? Like 10 years or so now... There are a ton of apps out for it. A ton of customization programs out for it. A ton of UI tweaks, skins, etc...

It sounds like you just dont know what Windows Mobile is capable of, and what is available for it. ****, there are more apps for Windows mobile, then there is the damn iPhone.

i sell blackberrys at work and i can assure you, nothing about them is "top of the line"... especially that new piece of **** Bold...

and the government tried to take Obama's blackberry but he resisted, so they got him his own network... that's why he has a blackberry... he didn't wanna retype contacts...

work in a store that sells cellphones and you'll never own a blackberry again... (i say that from personal experience...)
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 02-05-09 at 01:26 PM.
    02-05-09 12:10 PM
    Best thing to do with ignorant people is to ignore them.
    true, but i'm already to deep in the arguement lol

i can't give up hehe
    02-05-09 12:11 PM
    ok, so i'm on another car forum and we were talking about phones.

and everyone there thinks winmo devices are the best phones out there! i have tried telling them that they are veryyyyy wrong!!!

i need some help on what i should say to prove to them that they are very wrong!!!!! like technical help too!!! i need to enlighten them! lol

here are some things they are saying lol

1. My Windows Mobile device doesn't lag. I have no problem switching between apps.
    2. Umm... Do you realize how long Windows Mobile, aka Windows Embedded, aka Windows CE, has been around??? Like 10 years or so now... There are a ton of apps out for it. A ton of customization programs out for it. A ton of UI tweaks, skins, etc...

It sounds like you just dont know what Windows Mobile is capable of, and what is available for it. ****, there are more apps for Windows mobile, then there is the damn iPhone.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...E_Timeline.png

i sell blackberrys at work and i can assure you, nothing about them is "top of the line"... especially that new piece of **** Bold...

and the government tried to take Obama's blackberry but he resisted, so they got him his own network... that's why he has a blackberry... he didn't wanna retype contacts...

work in a store that sells cellphones and you'll never own a blackberry again... (i say that from personal experience...)
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 02-05-09 at 01:16 PM.
    02-05-09 12:50 PM
    Up until the past year I've owned WM devices since the early HP's. I've had over 10 different devices and NONE of them compare to the basic, entry-level BB. Simply put - the OS is much more stable. That's a fact from a ex-WM user....period.
    02-05-09 12:53 PM
    How about just telling them "To each his own."?? Seriously who cares what they say.
    02-05-09 01:13 PM
    Simple, Sun Microsystems created Java in response to NASA's need for reliable software on the Mars Rover Project. It worked, it's still working years later.

This is the most rigorously tested and reliable software platform in the known Universe.

I have edited out the Microsoft timeline image, the link is there to follow.

And.... don't even think of arguing with car nuts...
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 02-05-09 at 01:18 PM.
    02-05-09 01:15 PM
    haha thanks for your replies!
    02-05-09 01:18 PM
    Don't get me wrong im not the hugest fan of windows in general... It works but eh... WinMo devices are not that bad but they dont really compare in my book to a blackberry. I would get some of them like the new Shadow II for T-Mobile but prefer good ol berry more.
    02-05-09 01:20 PM
    One hour time out to OP till get this mess fixed. ...

carry on arguing with car nuts....
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 02-05-09 at 01:47 PM.
    02-05-09 01:22 PM
    How aggravating... This guy started a debate about something he has no clue to defend.

Don't start a debate unless you can back up your argument.

Sheesh...
    02-05-09 02:03 PM
    How aggravating... This guy started a debate about something he has no clue to defend.

Sheesh...
    OP posed a couple of questions, that is not an invitation to debate. He will get plenty of that on the car nut forums.
    02-05-09 02:51 PM
    Honestly i have owned 4 WinMo devices in the past an NONE of them compared to either of my Blackberrys what so ever. BB's OS's are 10 times more stable and UI runs much cleaner. I dont get what dude was talking about when he said "windows mobile device doesnt lag", LMAO thats funny because almost every WinMo device ive used has some form of lag. Also for him to act like because he "sells" phones that the Bold is bad is ludicris. I cell phones for a living and the Bold is "one of the best devices to ever be released" and being that i sell phones i also will ALWAYS own a BB over any other device.
    02-05-09 02:58 PM
    i ust told them to each their own lol

Sheesh...
    i have already stated everything everyone has said, so i do know what i was talking about. i was just wondering if anyone knew any details about the os and software and the history. reed mclay helped me out a little on that.

Honestly i have owned 4 WinMo devices in the past an NONE of them compared to either of my Blackberrys what so ever. BB's OS's are 10 times more stable and UI runs much cleaner. I dont get what dude was talking about when he said "windows mobile device doesnt lag", LMAO thats funny because almost every WinMo device ive used has some form of lag. Also for him to act like because he "sells" phones that the Bold is bad is ludicris. I cell phones for a living and the Bold is "one of the best devices to ever be released" and being that i sell phones i also will ALWAYS own a BB over any other device.
    yeah that guy is a deedeedeeee
    02-05-09 04:01 PM
    Let's Get Ready To Rumble!
    02-05-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD