I cracked - kinda. Moved to a Droid Razr Maxx HD for my primary phone.
    I did the same, though the Droid is now my only phone. I'd love to have been part of the BB10 revolution, but I need my customization and notifications... which the Droid + LightFlow provides. After some app hunting and options exploring, it's pretty much doing what my 9650 did for me now. I'm happy with it, though I miss the old RIM culture and design philosophy, even if it wasn't marketable any longer.
    03-07-13 08:24 AM
    This my friends, is cognitive dissonance.
    Please give me your definition of cognitive dissonance, because I don't see how it relates to this situation at all.
    03-07-13 10:08 AM
    I'm not some old person who doesn't understand the appeal of apps. I do .Apps I use regularly on my iPod touch that aren't on BlackBerry? Two apps.
    I used an "apps on the iPod test" when I decided to leave BlackBerry. More than a year ago my contract was up and I was eligible for a new phone. I had been a BB user for several years and my plan was to get the 9930. But when I started browsing App World and noticed that a lot of the apps that I used on my iPod were not available on the new BB devices I made the switch to the iPhone 4s. The apps I'm talking about are not games app either. Example: my iPhone bank app offers more options than the mobile website.

The primary reason I want apps on the BlackBerry platform is so iOS and Android users will come back, so BlackBerry can thrive, and they can keep making phones that I love.
    +1
    More BlackBerry fans need to understand this is the key factor in the growth of the company. A lot BB users are like you, "use their phone to call, email, text, read my news feed, and go on Twitter" But the mass market are people like me who use their devices for more than communication. I'm one of the people you mention. Even though I've not owned a BlackBerry device in over a year I want to come back to BB. But the the apps I use have to be available.

iMessage is to BBM what a tv with an antenna is to a tv with satellite/cable. It's like..yeah, it works...but it's ugly and if you've never had better, you really don't know what you're missing.
    Disagree, but I will qualify my remarks by saying I've not used BBM on the new BB10 devices. I did use BBM a lot when I owned a BlackBerry and I don't see where the version of BBM i used is superior to iMessage. My experience is iMessage is solid for communication, especially Facetime. It works flawlessly and I enjoy video chatting with my grandchildren on it.
    03-07-13 10:12 AM
    If you're letting a piece of technology define you as a person and it dictate who you are in society or how you view others, then you're pretty shallow. Welcome to the new caste society of the 21st century.

Posted via CB10
    shaleem and CDM76 like this.
    03-07-13 10:51 AM
    This is a forum for a specific item. That means it's like a club for people who have the same interests. Why would you go to a car club if you didn't like cars alot? So this is a fan site, whether it's the smallest fan that that enjoys blackberry or the most hardcover. FYI fan is short for fanatic, and we all know what that means.
    It's not a fansite, it's a blackberry site.
    Anyone can post here about Blackberry, fan or not
    03-07-13 12:34 PM
    Unfortunately, these days many DO judge others based on something as simple as a phone.

And that has been BB's problem. People say NO it should only do this and not be able to do that other stuff, and that is why they lag behind. Most people just want to text, play games, and look cool

You can't get a good reason out of most people why they have a certain phone, besides some game or app that is on it...
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-07-13 02:23 PM
    And that has been BB's problem. People say NO it should only do this and not be able to do that other stuff, and that is why they lag behind. Most people just want to text, play games, and look cool

You can't get a good reason out of most people why they have a certain phone, besides some game or app that is on it...
    But why can't those be good enough reasons?

I remember when BlackBerry devices began to displace Treos for a lot of Palm heads. Folks used to wonder if getting email 5 minutes faster was really worth dumping something as glorious as the Treo.

Folks want it all. I don't begrudge anyone leaving a platform for any reason, no matter how "small" it may seem to me. It's a tough world, and the extras sell devices.
    03-07-13 02:37 PM
    But why can't those be good enough reasons?

I remember when BlackBerry devices began to displace Treos for a lot of Palm heads. Folks used to wonder if getting email 5 minutes faster was really worth dumping something as glorious as the Treo.

Folks want it all. I don't begrudge anyone leaving a platform for any reason, no matter how "small" it may seem to me. It's a tough world, and the extras sell devices.
    Ugh I hated my Treo.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    03-07-13 02:58 PM
    Ugh I hated my Treo.

LOL. The perfect brick.
    03-07-13 04:16 PM
    LOL. The perfect brick.
    It takes a lot for me to hate a phone.....

03-07-13 04:21 PM
    LOL. The perfect brick.
    But, mine was a "nice" brick. LOL

sent from my Galaxy S lll (*_~)
    03-19-13 07:20 PM
    The fact is, the apps mentioned may or may not come to BlackBerrry and that's ok with me. LOL. Each time I tried to watch a movie on my BlackBerry, I've rallen asleep. Well, small screen ....and good Scotch. Fortunately for those that want more apps, they are actively trying to get more. Give me 10- 15 good apps (depending on the affect battery life) and I'm good.

sent from my Galaxy S lll (*_~)
    03-19-13 08:23 PM
37 12