Sooo I just downloaded the vlingo app. an its pretty good. Its kind of annoying when you say (for example) "hey lets go get a burger at walmart how about it" and it says "MySQL beta burger and walmart how about it" ok so what??? Didnt make any since to me at all. But overall its a pretty good product I wish it could do blackberry messenger and understand me so I dont have to repeat myself 40 times. JW if yall have as much problems as I do or what your opinions are. Give me something to do. Got time to kill
    08-23-08 05:33 AM
    I tried Vlingo but ultimately deleted it. Not the best voice
    recognition, but the deal breaker was everything I could do
    with it I could do much faster without.
    08-23-08 05:37 AM
    I hear ya! I downloaded it out of courisity an pure boredom. Its alright but it would be easier to send a txt message when im driving then try to mess with that thing! lol
    08-23-08 05:38 AM
    I hear ya! I downloaded it out of courisity an pure boredom. Its alright but it would be easier to send a txt message when im driving then try to mess with that thing! lol

Seeing as I never use my phone while driving, that never was part of
    the equation. The app was just a PITA IMO.
    08-23-08 05:47 AM
    Yeah well I don't drive much but I try not to since I dont wanna have a wreck..just hard to put my phone down
    08-23-08 05:48 AM
    Yeah well I don't drive much but I try not to since I dont wanna have a wreck..just hard to put my phone down

Yeah, I deleted it too! I don't like doing the same thing multiple times, and the voice recognition made me have to edit everything. So, I figured I didn't like it.

Also, I'm pretty good at texting while driving anyway! LOL
    08-23-08 08:23 AM
    Texting while you driving? Sounds crackdangerous!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 09:37 AM
    Here in California they are trying to pass a law banning text messaging while driving sounds like a good idea to me.
    08-23-08 11:58 AM
    Well if i text when im driving its like "yes, no, ok," Not an essay lol. I live in a small town and people do alot worse things when there driving (ex shave legs,put on makeup while changing a kids diaper an talking on phone) So i dont think I should get in trouble for that when theres other people doing worse things.lol just a thought...
    08-25-08 02:07 AM

Also, I'm pretty good at texting while driving anyway! LOL
    hahaha. Im not bad myself
    08-25-08 02:09 AM
    just downloaded it.... I think it's useful from an entirely different perspective than it was designed for... i enjoy saying ridiculous things and just seeing what garbage it types. My wife has a similarly strange sense of humor and I've been sending her randon strange texts all day. I think of it like the web site "yoda speak" or whatever it's called -- it translates messages to the way Yoda would say them -- this isn't a business appl, just a toy, enjoy it for a laugh and then move on. or maybe I'm just a mumbler and it works perfect for everyone else. example: "hey baby, I'll be home soon. let's get naked and have some fun." translation: "hey debbie under the hill soon. this kid being naked is so fun." whatever, what a joke
    08-25-08 05:26 PM
    hahaha! I enjoy that too just saying incredibly random things to it an see what it says for example I just said "hello im bob an im from texas" an it says lmao "Money michelle are in open texas" lol doesnt make since but still fun lol
    Last edited by crs7088; 05-07-09 at 02:35 AM.
    08-26-08 03:25 AM
    Here in California they are trying to pass a law banning text messaging while driving sounds like a good idea to me.
    It's illegal to text or talk on the phone in New Jersey unless you have Bluetooth.
    08-26-08 11:48 AM
    It's illegal to text or talk on the phone in New Jersey unless you have Bluetooth.
    Should be illegal everywhere!
    08-26-08 01:19 PM
    I tried and deleted it. Even though texting while driving is dangerous'b I still had to look at my berry to delete the things it didn't write corectly haha.

08-26-08 01:36 PM
    Vlingo? Never tried it!

08-26-08 11:07 PM
    Yup, same as everyone else, tried it and deleted it.
    It sucks because you'd expect the product to work when you want it to. Guess not?

In AZ theres a law here against Texting while you drive. I can't do it now with a Keyboard so its not an issue for me. I could've with my last phone, but no more now.
    08-27-08 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD