Ok my wife and I have BB pearls.
    I have freed up the memory to 20xxxxxx on each phone. Now here the kicker...
    I know my phone freezin after a lot of internet use is understandable because my file free drops below the 12 mark. But she has no data plan and her phone is freezing up at 18xxxxxx and won't let her into the address book at all until I do a battery pull?
    Why is it doing this. We are in a strong network here it is a 1XEV where I live in a 1X area. But why are we having to do battery pulls so much while we are here?
    Back home we hardly ever do a battery pull, but since we been here we have done one every other day?

Next question is last night my battery was low, in the red, and I couldn't connect to the web. After my phone charged a wnile and was close to fill I tried again connected instantly, was it the low battery or what?

I really need some answers because we may be at this hospital a couple weeks. HELP ME!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 09:46 AM
    RIM was having issues last night, battery/internet could have just been a coincidence. As for resetting your wife's phone, is she connected to Facebook or any other app that could stay running?
    12-07-08 09:57 AM
    I'm not sure about the freezing but when the battery gets too low you lose the 'radio' which is the connection for making calls, getting on the web and using a lot of apps that need to be connected.

Hope that helped a little!
    12-07-08 09:58 AM
    Either that or you are in an area with a low signal, that will drain your battery and memory when using the browser on your BB, i had it happen to me before...
    12-07-08 10:00 AM
    No I am in a high speed good internet area and full bars most all over the hospital, exception is the mcdonalds is a dead zone, and my wife has no data plan no internet just calling and text. I deleted all the im and net programs from her phone she has tons of file free. What I don't get it freezes the address book and has 18xxxxxx file free left. This is weird now at 12xxxxxx my pearl will freeze but that is understandable being that it is at the minium required file free. So what is making my wife's phone freeze?

12-07-08 10:21 AM
    There has to be a whole lot more to your issues and the issues others are having with feezing up and losing call logs. I almost always run around 2 to 5 mb and I don't have these types of problems. I'm wondering if its more os related or something. You didn't mention what os you're on. I'm a cdma user as well don't know if that could be the difference. I also run over 10 3rd party apps. I think we might be pointing fingers at memory (which could be a legit issue) but I think there's something more to this. I hope it gets resolved for you.

12-07-08 02:56 PM
    Oue phones run the 4.3.0.97 version it came on the phone and I don't think our carrier has an approved upgraded version

12-07-08 07:53 PM
    Oue phones run the 4.3.0.97 version it came on the phone and I don't think our carrier has an approved upgraded version
    Actually, they have

Cellular South BlackBerry Software
    12-07-08 08:12 PM
    Let us know what happens if you decide to upgrade. I would definitely consider it. It is an improvement over 4.3 IMHO.

12-07-08 10:55 PM
    Hi, I also have Cellular South and I have the Pearl but I want to upgrade to the Curve but when I went into the store they said they had removed it from my account because they no longer offered that feature but I read a news story that cell phone providers could not just remove something from your account without your approval. Do you know anything about this? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!
    Jennifer
    02-06-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD