I really did search but I'm still a little foggy on this.
    UPS is supposed to bring me a 9700 tomorrow. My current device is a 9000 running 5.0. The device switch software seems fairly simple. But-- When do I switch my sim card to the new phone?? Will the new phone even load without a sim? Maybe the 9700 will have it's own sim?
    I keep reading about contacting BIS, I don't know how to login to BIS. Do I need to call at&t at any point?
    Obviously, in the past I always purchased in-store. Never had to deal with this. lol
    The 9000 was my first berry so some of this is still new to me.
    I did receive a text stating my new phone was activated. I assume that's normal?
    Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 11:14 PM
    When I sold for multi carriers, one of the carriers was TMobile. Sim card transferred over to new phone unless it was a new account. I am assuming you will use your current sim card since it has your phone number already on it. Once you insert it into the new device, it should work. Phones are ready to activate when they are sent out. I sold Verizon and when a phone is sent out when received the user has to do an option to activate the phone.
    If you have problems you can always go to a store and they can help you.
    02-17-10 11:38 PM
    When I sold for multi carriers, one of the carriers was TMobile. Sim card transferred over to new phone unless it was a new account. I am assuming you will use your current sim card since it has your phone number already on it. Once you insert it into the new device, it should work. Phones are ready to activate when they are sent out. I sold Verizon and when a phone is sent out when received the user has to do an option to activate the phone.
    If you have problems you can always go to a store and they can help you.

Agreed a simple sim swap should do the trick
    02-17-10 11:40 PM
    Ok. That makes sense. I still need to use device switch to get all my current apps & settings moved, correct? I guess my question is when using device switch, at what point do I move the sim?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD