Me too... until now, I can't believe that connecting my Z to the router would be this complicated.. for others, it might be so easy.. but for me, I don't know why.. I've tried resetting the router many times.. I even tried turning the security off... nothing changed.. Z is the only device here that does not connect to the wifi...
    Just a guess but in my experience DHCP and router DNS issues are usually more to blame on a 50.00 cheap router than a 600.00 modern smart phone.

Example I had an old linksys router that was working just fine with my blackberrys and laptops though it had flaky DHCP service that would stall at times. Then I bought a Droid razor maxx. The Droid would actually crash the router. Make it unusable without a restart.

I replaced the router with a very nice carrier grade router and had no more issues. With anything.

That just one time I have seen issues with cheap routers. The list is long. Lol.

But usually not relying on the router for DNS and in some cases even not using DHCP is a work around.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-25-13 11:33 AM
    old thread, but in case anyone is still listening here's what solved the same problem or a very similar problem for me.
    I'm on an ASUS router that has an IP address range of 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254. The phone, when connected to this router, was showing an IP address of 192.168.0.xxx. Outside the range it was supposed to be. Going into the router settings (Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP) and manually assigning an IP address to the phone (using its MAC address) solved the problem. Now when it connects, it connects with the IP address I gave it, and everything else falls in line.

By the way, I had the same problem with my Playbook and solved the problem the same way. I just wish that I hadn't forgotten about it so quickly! Took me a little while to figure it out again.

Good luck!
    08-22-13 12:14 AM
77 ... 234