Let's start off by saying that I am based in Montreal Canada. Like every morning, I turn on my Q5 and Z30 to check emails. I get a message on the BB's that Outlook can't be authenticated and sends me to account setup and asks for my password. I enter the password and does not work. I go to my PC (Linux) and get in to Outlook with no problem.

I find a message from the Microsoft account team that UNUSUAL SIGN-IN ACTIVITY. I reviewed the recent activity and some entity signed-in to my account - some snooping I guess. By the way I am no way involved in the Security/Defense area. I am saying this because the snooping IP address is related UK Ministry of Defense.

Could not sign into outlook account apparent hack by UK Ministry of Defense?-unusual-sign-activity-outlook.png

Could not sign into outlook account apparent hack by UK Ministry of Defense?-ip-lookup-uk-ministry-defence.png

Got a new password and added those to the Q5 & Z30 but still did not work. I had to sign-in with the PC in the Outlook settings of POP IMAP - POP options - let devices and apps use POP (Yes). That did the trick.

Could not sign into outlook account apparent hack by UK Ministry of Defense?-pop-imap-outlook.png

Whoever did this - thanks for wasting my frikken time and may you rot in hell.

Cheers to all good people.
    rt2567 and Geetu1508 like this.
    11-18-16 10:06 AM
    Glad you got that out of your system. Enjoy your weekend.
    11-18-16 10:08 AM
    Possibly this post will save some aggravation to BB users.
    I saw multiple threads with users having problems with Outlook and sync.
    Every litlle piece of information helps.
    Tx for your wishes.
    11-18-16 10:31 AM
    Clearly UK MoD wants to ruin BB
    11-18-16 10:36 AM
    Possibly this post will save some aggravation to BB users.
    I saw multiple threads with users having problems with Outlook and sync.
    Every litlle piece of information helps.
    Tx for your wishes.
    Thank you very much for your post KKrusher. It is unbelievable what MS is doing all the time in order to waste our precious time. Many greetings from Greece and have a nice weekend!
    11-19-16 04:21 AM
    Had the same problem, hopefully some enterprising person will hack into MOD computer and bring that down for a few hours.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 06:39 AM
    Let's start off by saying that I am based in Montreal Canada. Like every morning, I turn on my Q5 and Z30 to check emails. I get a message on the BB's that Outlook can't be authenticated and sends me to account setup and asks for my password. I enter the password and does not work. I go to my PC (Linux) and get in to Outlook with no problem.

I find a message from the Microsoft account team that UNUSUAL SIGN-IN ACTIVITY. I reviewed the recent activity and some entity signed-in to my account - some snooping I guess. By the way I am no way involved in the Security/Defense area. I am saying this because the snooping IP address is related UK Ministry of Defense.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unusual Sign-In Activity Outlook.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	412458

Name:	IP Lookup UK Ministry of Defence.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	253.9 KB 
ID:	412459

Got a new password and added those to the Q5 & Z30 but still did not work. I had to sign-in with the PC in the Outlook settings of POP IMAP - POP options - let devices and apps use POP (Yes). That did the trick.

Name:	POP IMAP OUTLOOK.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	412460

Whoever did this - thanks for wasting my frikken time and may you rot in hell.

Cheers to all good people.
    The same thing is happening with me on my both android smartphones.Can u suggest that what shud I do.There is uk's ministry's ip address in my phone.
    05-08-19 11:44 AM
    The same thing is happening with me on my both android smartphones.Can u suggest that what shud I do.There is uk's ministry's ip address in my phone.
    You're asking for help based on info from 2016... did you try what OP did? Change your password.
    05-08-19 12:28 PM
    You do not mention if you you are using MS Outlook. I presume you are. At least MS Outlook advises you on unusual sign-in activity and that's a big plus. I did change passwords from foot long to mile long single passwords. Both times - passwords were cracked. I finally decided to close that email account. For MS Outlook accounts- I now use 2FA with Automator only. I never use SMS/phone number for ID. You might as well paint a bullseye on your forehead. This is my recipe on BB10 devices. I also canned the last Yahoo mail account that I had on my BB10 devices - good riddance.

For more secure communications - I use PC's only and not on mobile. My fave is Protonmail - great UI and very secure. Another one that I use is Tutanota - good choice. I dropped BBM for Threema. Great messenger service.

You can't win with the amount of knowledge and ressources gov'ts have at their disposal. The best solution is to retreat and to disappear. Just analyse what you really want to get accomplished with you phone.

Personnaly, I get basic tasks done on mobile and use PC's when a higher level of security is required. Hope this helps. Just to requote myself: '' Whoever did this - thanks for wasting my frikken time and may you rot in hell.''
    CrackPriv likes this.
    05-09-19 09:20 AM