Randomly surfing the internet I came across something quite interesting.

My Blackberry Playbook (Paperback) | Overstock.com

Its a book all about the Playbook and is also not releasing until 2013. If you read the details section it tells you what the book is about and includes some nice tid bits of information.

Enjoy
    01-29-12 08:51 PM
    The book comes-out in May

The 3G+ playbook comes-out in April

The book talks about making phone calls...maybe the 3G+ playbook can make calls
    01-29-12 09:27 PM
    The book comes-out in May

The 3G+ playbook comes-out in April

The book talks about making phone calls...maybe the 3G+ playbook can make calls
    Well it comes out in May 2013 so it may come in a future update or perhaps the book is just gonna come out a while after the new Playbook comes out.
    That really would be awesome to make phone calls from your Playbook and it also mentioned texting. It would be really cool if they could make it so when you call you can do video with people who have front facing cameras on their phones, that certainly would expand the current video chat features.
    01-29-12 09:35 PM
    Definitely.

I think they said the issue with BBM was having it on two devices, phone & pb.

If this 3G+ pb is also a phone then maybe it can BBM
    01-29-12 09:51 PM
    The problem was having the same PIN for more then one device.
    It is possible that they have figured it out and will be releasing BBM in an update when the new 3G Playbook comes out, since they did say it would be in a future update after 2.0 comes out.
    01-29-12 09:59 PM
    i believe its a far more generic description than you give it credit for. if you look at the writer, its the same craig that used to be on Cb podcasts.

as for features, theres no way they`d be able to have that description, lets for arguements sake say SMS and MMS are coming to the PB, its not been offically announced, which one would imagine if it was coming and they informed the author, then it would be under embargo. so either they are breaking the embargo (doubtful) or its simply a generic description which will be updated closer to the availability of the book (far more likely).

also, a PB book in 2013? like wtf? im gonna write a book on the 8310 i think
    01-29-12 10:00 PM
    Damn, didn't see that 2013. I thought it was 2012...a month after the release of pb 3G+
    01-29-12 10:03 PM
    i believe its a far more generic description than you give it credit for. if you look at the writer, its the same craig that used to be on Cb podcasts.

as for features, theres no way they`d be able to have that description, lets for arguements sake say SMS and MMS are coming to the PB, its not been offically announced, which one would imagine if it was coming and they informed the author, then it would be under embargo. so either they are breaking the embargo (doubtful) or its simply a generic description which will be updated closer to the availability of the book (far more likely).

also, a PB book in 2013? like wtf? im gonna write a book on the 8310 i think
    I do agree that it is very likely to be nothing more then a generic description of what could possibly be in the book but i found it interesting. I in no way thought it was the flat out truth I just figured it sounded cool. Those features would be pretty nifty.

Haha ya 2013 made me laugh to, although i wonder if because its on overstock.com it is just not available to then until that time. Since they only sell the stuff that is made available to them. Im not super familiar with overstock.com but it would make sense
    01-29-12 10:13 PM
    phone calls on the playbook !! lol that would look funny.
    01-29-12 10:15 PM
    Lol it would be funny if people held it upto their face but look at the Samsung Galaxy Note, that phone is gonna be huge so in time it might not be as funny looking.
    01-29-12 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD