01-15-12 12:38 PM
41 12
tools
    Belfast - you're right! I don't know why I didn't see it before. I find it hard to believe you're not working for RIM. Clearly you should be leading them. The future is in producing more handhelds like you saw in the theater the other day. Tell us all more.
    Lol, I wish I did.

Point is there's a lot of people out there that put style and size before specs, they would buy a smartphone if they weren't all getting so huge.

I have the perfect example in my wife, she first had a Pearl 8120 and when I offered her a 9700 she refused it as being too big. Eventually she upgaded to the Pearl 9105.

On Blackberry UK Facebook page this questions are asked all the time "when is a new Pearl coming out" and "when is the BB Style coming to UK"
    01-12-12 12:43 PM
    So it's not possile that she got the Otterbox because iPhones have the highest resale value in the secondary market and she may, one day, move on to a new phone?

That tends to be why most iPhone users shell out the extra cash for the Otterbox.
    Nope. It's because she will run it into the ground, just like her previous iPhone, and she wants the outside to last as long as the inside. She could give two rips about resale value.
    01-12-12 01:39 PM
    Adozen eggs - your wasting your time on this one.

Most people especially on this site know Otterbox is one of the best selling BB accessories of all time. The commuter series is often sold out. But it means nothing if you have an idea in your head.

I've been here since long before the Storm 1 came out. I remember how the CB faithful would tear into any Storm user that reported an issue or frustration with their device. How many Storm users would get on and say theirs nothing wrong with their device so it obviously user error. Even when the OS made the device reset if the camera was used! Its been this way for years. Even after the debacle of the Storms and the Tour. There was the keybord stutter issue. Right now, there are those who are still calling anyone whose 9900/9930 bricked as promoters of negativity, and clearly user error. As if RIM has no history here.

I have history with RIM from Pagers to the yellow screens, to the Blueberries through many of the modern devices. I don't hate RIM (for point of reference I hate ignorance only), I don't want RIM to go bankrupt. I have been on BES for 7+ years, so I want RIM to do better because better or worse I use BB everyday of my life. But every negative thing said about their handhelds, OS, lack of vision or planning brings a knee reaction of ignorant defense.

I stand by my original hypothesis - the article is silly, the design is silly, and redesign of the outer shell will not overcome RIM's self made mountains of trouble.
    I get it - you don't hate RIM, they just suck. Follow your own advice and don't waste your time with this one.
    01-12-12 01:43 PM
    It looks like someones vision of the future ... from the 1960's!

I don't know what you'd call it, "retro-futuristic"? It's novel, sure, but I doubt it would have had any significant impact.
    "retro-futuristic"
    I like that term, that's exactly what that design is
    01-12-12 03:24 PM
    I showed it to my wife last night and the first thing she said was "I want it in orange" lol
    01-13-12 02:30 AM
    No.

It's not a "forgotten phone" it's a concept done by some independent 3rd party.

People need to remember the words of Steve Jobs "Real artists ship." Concepts are cool, but at the end of the day it's fantasy. I'd much rather a company devot it's time and energy to real products that I can use as opposed to flights of fantasy that'll never see production.
    01-13-12 08:27 AM
    No.

It's not a "forgotten phone" it's a concept done by some independent 3rd party.

People need to remember the words of Steve Jobs "Real artists ship." Concepts are cool, but at the end of the day it's fantasy. I'd much rather a company devot it's time and energy to real products that I can use as opposed to flights of fantasy that'll never see production.
    Yeah, but they designed the Pearl 3G no? Or have I got that wrong?
    01-13-12 08:58 AM
    I don't care for the design. But that would be the BB for my mom lol, her style of phone.
    01-13-12 06:49 PM
    Sexy... End of story. Id buy one. Heck, part of the reason i bought a 9360 curve in white is beause it looks good. Aesthetics go a long way in the perception of quality.
    01-14-12 01:26 AM
    The device looks a lot like the new Curve 9360 stylings, and the last Pearl in 1,

The shape of the device would have been formed away for manufacturing purposes, just like the New Camero changed dramatically from Concept to creation,

as for the miss information about QNX not working on BES please I'd like to see this information since it has been shown connected to BES NUMEROUS times IN PUBLIC for people to use, and has had BlackBerry Balance demonstrated on it as well, which is a BES component
    sleepngbear likes this.
    01-14-12 06:29 AM
    as for the miss information about QNX not working on BES please I'd like to see this information since it has been shown connected to BES NUMEROUS times IN PUBLIC for people to use, and has had BlackBerry Balance demonstrated on it as well, which is a BES component
    But it isn't out on the market yet, so it can't be real.

Oh yeah, and it has to be touch-screen only and run on a quad core, because anything else will be DOA before it even hits the shelves.
    01-14-12 07:34 AM
    No way.
    RIM's designs are not the problem, its the specs OS and stuff.
    01-14-12 09:56 AM
    That looks a lot like the Curve 9360.
    01-14-12 02:06 PM
    Thats fun looking phone.
    01-14-12 05:51 PM
    Like other people said its not the design of the phones that has been hurting RIM IMO its the lack of truth/follow threw. its looks comfortable to hold with the curved back but i wouldnt buy this phone, looks like something Nokia would make.
    01-15-12 08:09 AM
    sorry that crap would have killed RIM even sooner.
    01-15-12 12:38 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD