I recently bought a Netgear 834G DSL modem wifi all-in-one but my Bold wouldn't play with it. I'd get occasional connections (green check) but mostly just SSID with a white dash in the box. I bought a D-Liink brand equivilent that has no N output, just G, and I am up and running again. I new it was the Netgear because the wifi worked great everywhere else (work, Starbucks).

P.S. I set up WPA PSK just the same as the Netgear.
    02-14-10 03:46 PM
    I had the same problem with my Netgear until I changed it to WPA II (AES encryption), and it has been working great ever since
    02-14-10 04:26 PM
    LOL, so you spent $85.00, got a slower G class router, just to have your Blackberry hook up to WiFi? Sorry, but that is just too funny.
    02-14-10 04:46 PM
    That's why I don't like Netgear routers. I find that they are buggy and don't play well with some computers/phones.

I'm glad you got it to work. D-Link is better but if I were you, I would have gotten a Linksys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 05:56 PM
    Linksys for me. Have been using "N" routers for 2 years with no problems on my
    mobile devices or laptop.
    02-14-10 05:59 PM
    I recently bought a Netgear 834G DSL modem wifi all-in-one but my Bold wouldn't play with it. I'd get occasional connections (green check) but mostly just SSID with a white dash in the box. I bought a D-Liink brand equivilent that has no N output, just G, and I am up and running again. I new it was the Netgear because the wifi worked great everywhere else (work, Starbucks).

P.S. I set up WPA PSK just the same as the Netgear.
    All you should have had to do was log on to your router and shut off 802.11 N and just run 802.11 G.You should not have had to buy a new router.
    02-14-10 06:06 PM
    I have a business class SonicWall and I can never get ANY blackberry to work with it. Everything else does though, even the Wii console and iPhone works fine but not my bold or curve. I think part of my problem is Wifi saturation in my townhouse community. Too many overlapping APs and my SonicWall doesn't seem to like that.

Not sure if this is your problem, but make sure you have IPSec Vpn pass though enable.

02-14-10 06:32 PM
    LOL, so you spent $85.00, got a slower G class router, just to have your Blackberry hook up to WiFi? Sorry, but that is just too funny.
    I read on Berry 101 that Blackberry's don't play with 'N'. Everything everybody will tell me to do I've already tried. There comes a point when my time was worth more than 85 dollars. One quick trip to Fry's and blammo it works. Speed, I'm not sure I would see the difference between G and N. But I easily see the difference between 3G and wifi.
    02-14-10 06:55 PM
    The only time your would see the speed difference would be if both devices supported N, and they were two devices on your internal network. Internet speeds are mostly up to about 10 to 15 Mbps, so anything over that would not be noticeable when measuring download speeds. 15 Mbps will travel the same speed on a 100 Mbps as a 1000 Mbps pipeline.
    02-14-10 07:03 PM
    Lol I've been using all my bb's ie 9000, storm2 and my 9700 with my netgear dgn2000 without one single issue...coonects instantly when I walk into my house....been using it for over a year and I haven't had to change any of the settings.

02-14-10 07:52 PM
    Lol I've been using all my bb's ie 9000, storm2 and my 9700 with my netgear dgn2000 without one single issue...coonects instantly when I walk into my house....been using it for over a year and I haven't had to change any of the settings.

That would be because the Netgear DGN2000 default settings limit it to a speed of 130 Mbps which allows G adapters to connect to it more reliably. It also has a setting for up to 270 Mbps which allows all B/G/N adapters to access it, but N is also limited to 270 Mbps instead of 300 Mbps.
    02-14-10 08:29 PM
    Im running a linksys N router and it has been working great with no issues whatsoever. Don't know why some say BB's don't work with N routers. It connects as soon as I turn in my driveway and the speeds are amazing.

02-14-10 08:55 PM
    I'm using a Netgear wireless-G router model # WGR614, very inexspensive and it gives me full signals in every room inj a 3500 sq. ft. house. I think I paid 70.00 bucks for it maybe cheaper, not sure.

02-18-10 06:10 PM
    That would be because the Netgear DGN2000 default settings limit it to a speed of 130 Mbps which allows G adapters to connect to it more reliably. It also has a setting for up to 270 Mbps which allows all B/G/N adapters to access it, but N is also limited to 270 Mbps instead of 300 Mbps.
    OK, I am stumped as I have the same router and my 8530 will connect successfully as indicated by the wizard but the wifi icon remains grayed out so no internet connection for any apps that use it. I have the router set to the default 130 Mbps so I am out of ideas.
    Last edited by hezahonker; 09-22-10 at 03:30 PM.
    09-22-10 03:27 PM
    Well, I had hoped for at least one reply? Anyone on the Netear DGN2000?
    09-23-10 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD