Long time lurker, first time caller.

About a month ago, I had to reinstall Windows on my laptop because of a nasty virus. So I re-install the DM and everything is going fine. Until last week when I downloaded the 5.0 OS on my Tour. It froze up the Tour and when I took it in, I lost everything and got a new phone. All emails, all contacts, EVERYTHING.

So I get home and try to pull an old IPD file to bring things back up to speed and get nothing. DM won't recognize them. I tried ABC Amber, which can't open them. I tried opening them with Excel and .txt and the 'Access is denied. File in use or write-protected.' I even tried creating a new profile and moving them from there. AND booting into Safe mode. Nothing works. I can move other files from the old, corrupt profile just fine, but the IPD files won't budge. Any ideas?
    04-11-10 05:42 PM
    I don't know any apps other than DM and ABC Amber that can open an ipd file. Did you have a password on your previous Tour? If so, that may be why you can't open the old ipds.
    04-11-10 05:46 PM
    No password. Weird. And horrible. I have nothing left...ugh.
    04-11-10 05:49 PM
    What about the autobackup that was created when you upgraded the OS? It's an ipd, but it's a different ipd. Did you find and try it? It'll have the date you did the OS upgrade incorporated in the file name.
    04-11-10 05:54 PM
    I downloaded the OS directly to the phone, rather than using the DM. STUUUUPID. When it froze up, I tried to access through the DM and it created some IPD file that I can access through ABC Amber, but there's nothing in it.
    04-11-10 06:00 PM
    Is it possible the problem is with Windows? Or caused by the virus? Can you run your antivirus scan on the ipd files to make sure they weren't infected? That seems highly unlikely since there are no BlackBerry viruses as such.
    04-11-10 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD